Glasseyetrials: Gethigh

1a2bcio8

Hello,

New video filmed on my HDV camera. These are mostly clips that I'm not all that happy with due to my filming technique - camera wobble and exposure. Has given me a chance to practice editing with HDV though which I find slightly different and odd compared to DV so I need the practice. I've had lots of problems with exporting but have achieved something kind've satisfactory with the .wmv format. I'm working on getting flash video to work which I prefer in terms or contrast and depth of colour but at the moment I'm unable to make that run smoothly. Saying that though, the .wmv in converting to vimeo has become very jerky and to be honest I'm finding a dislike with how blurry movement is with the .wmv anyway. I definitely recommend downloading the file over streaming it. Sorry about the stupidly high file size, I hope to better that in the future.

Anyway, ramblings aside, the video features myself (Ben Rowlands), Mike Singleton, Luke Rainbird, Matt Burrows, Max T and James Porter.

Thanks to Rowan and Boon for filming a couple of scenes.

Enjoy!

Ben

Edit: and of course, the link!

Second edit: vimeo has seriously raped the quality, please d/l!

Edited by rowly

Yea Ben niiiice! Give me a shout on MSN and I'll let u know what export settings im using with HDV, see if it makes a difference?

What wideangle are you using on that?? Im looking for one for my XH-A1 but cant find any

I'm using a raynox fisheye and a sony wideangle. The raynox lenses seem to be pretty good value in terms of quality.

Are you using premiere and what codec are you exporting with?

Regarding glasseye, myself and Nick created it when we were going to make a DVD together but I pulled out of it.

Edited by rowly

Ben,

I've watched half, I had to stop cause im so excited.

1 yes its a bit jerky on the old cam, but realy it doesnt matter. ( some vids are too clinical)

2 whats the music ? i want to listen to it on my hifi system ( what is the codec? cant hear on mp 11)

3 the riding is immense

4 the vid gave me a warm feeling inside (Y)

realy beutiful :kiss:

Edited by Christophe'

awww anychance of upload the high quality version somewhere so I dont have to join?

Ive always found high definition videos amazing, usually by an amazing rider, but the small group you have here make the video even better :o Loved porters gap the pedestrian crossing box....thats sickening!

Good stuff!!!!!

awww anychance of upload the high quality version somewhere so I dont have to join?

Ive always found high definition videos amazing, usually by an amazing rider, but the small group you have here make the video even better :o Loved porters gap the pedestrian crossing box....thats sickening!

Good stuff!!!!!

Login here

user: tf@jonmack.co.uk

pass: vimpass

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE THIS LOGIN TO DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD FILES FEEL FREE, JUST DONT CHANGE THE PASSWORD, THANK YOU!

Nice video Ben. Just like all the rest you produce. Like everyone else has been saying, make more like this, they are amazing. And send me that video of Mike,Matt and Me :P or upload to Vimeo please :)

Edited by max-t