My Base Ta26 (updated: 11-11-06)

TomR

Krisboats' old TA26 frame, and a load of old bits of my DMR trailstar (so its pretty heavy really). Rides real nice, a lot better than my old Mk1 Zebdi even with the added weight on this, but i'm still tempted to try a longer stem/bar combo.

[attachmentid=7559] [attachmentid=7558]

[attachmentid=7557]

Frame: Base TA26

Forks: Gusset i think, steely things

Bars/stem: Azonic SW risers on planet-x I-beam (or is it X-beam?)

Headset: FSA Pig

Crankset: Truvativ hussefelts w/ring and bash, FSA ISIS BB, Wellgo V8 ripoffs

Gear setup: Shimano Tiagra 9spd rear mech, 105 cassette (13-25 & 22t front ring) Sram chain, deore shifter

Brakes: Maggies on standard pads

Wheels: Planet-X hubs on X719 w/fire XC pro front and DMR DV w/ (just ordered)minion 2.35 rear. No grind or tar

Other bits: XTR gear cables, DMR jump seat, drilled seatpost, ODI longnecks, Nokian 1.5mm thick DH rear tube and stupidly long brake hoses (i was a tad generous when i cut them down)

post-43-1160910287_thumb.jpg

post-43-1160910321_thumb.jpg

post-43-1160910360_thumb.jpg

Edited by planetxpimp

Cheers, and i already have been mate! :D So much easier to ride than my old PX, im bunnyhop manualling stuff i couldnt even hop up before. Only thing i need to get used to is distance manuals, i spend so much time keeping the front end down with the back brake i lose speed!

what was it like for manualling with the long stem on?

• 3 weeks later...

New-ish i think, it sits a bit too far forward on the base to look good, but i only use it for when i've stopped hopping about anyway. Linky

Edit: And for anyone who hasn't noticed, i've got a new rear tyre too, and bodged my rear booster (bit spongy still, but better), stippped my cassette down to 5 speed and shortened the chain loads.

Edited by planetxpimp

Cheers, its rides alot better too.stterings a bit funny for normal riding but its great for hopping about, and it hasnt changed my ability for getting up stuff too.

And ive just noticed my ZOO pads are in the pic too which i forgot to mention, i've been buying more stuff than i thought!

Edited by planetxpimp