My Triton. The Sex.

Gazza

So here is my new Triton. The Sexy one :)

The bits:

- “Shark Fin” rotor protector. Nice Moto-X idea I always wanted to introduce on a trials bike. Aluminum CNC machined. Approx 40 gr. Fits 180 and 203 mm rotors. I made myself a thin protector because I mainly sidehop to the right side. The mounting and shape is still being developed. It takes time.

- Horizontal dropouts + floating 180mm rotor disc mount.

- Superstiff top yoke. Good for rimbrakes (though I did not put magura mounts on this frame)

- Internal brake hose guides. It has become so comfortable to carry the bike now. Props to Klein bikes.

- It is titanium and it is powder coated. Got bored with original Ti color. Went for white.

Weight: 1650-1750 gr depending on the geo and bits.

Geo of my bike:

WB: 1010

BB: +45

CS: 362

HT: 72

41736583.jpg

41736430.jpg

41736439.jpg

41736444.jpg

41736446.jpg

41736575.jpg

41736594.jpg

41736596.jpg

41736601.jpg

41736428.jpg

Edited by Gazza

i really do like the idea of the rear disk protector only problem is, how strong is it, if it gets hit on a wall will it bend if so that means you wont be able to ride as thew disk will be rubbing against the protector, prove me that this is a strong protector and not just a waist of metal

really do like the idea though

Thats amazing dude

nice ''the sex'' text aswell (Y)

and the sharkfin protector looks pretty nice on it

only thing that would make it look better is curved tubing, but thats just me

perfect otherwise :)

i really do like the idea of the rear disk protector only problem is, how strong is it, if it gets hit on a wall will it bend if so that means you wont be able to ride as thew disk will be rubbing against the protector, prove me that this is a strong protector and not just a waist of metal

really do like the idea though

it seems to have a mount if you look closely, so i think you could just replace it when it gets damaged :)

Yer but i you knock it and bend it mid ride or something, then it would be on the rotor meaning yuo couldnt ride home?

looks detachable.

just poking at the rotor saver thing, say you were riding a comp and you hit said protector making it lock up your disk wouldn't that kind of make it pointless, or is it like mega stiff (or would that mean it'd shatter :mellow: ) meh. i like the rest of the bike :D i just feel a need to poke at the protector.

I had expected such reaction to the guard :)

First of all, take motorcycles. Many of them have the same mounting type as in my sharkfin. And motorcycles are a lot heavier than tiny trials cycles. Motos hit rocks loads harder.

There are 3 stainless steel M6 bolts holding the guard. You can use a 5mm alien key to remove the guard. Takes a few seconds.

The guard itself is very stiff and it holds on a flat Ti plate.

I machined myself a pretty thin guard because I abuse the right side mainly.

I wanted to show my idea to the trials world. There will be another frame with the guard shortly. There will be a bigger gap between the rotor and the guard. And the guard will be slightly fatter and of a bit different shape (covering more space of the rotor to insure its well-being).

Oh bloody hell!!! I havent had my Gazza more than 6 months and now i'm going to have to buy another one!!

Love it ^_^ everything about disc mount is a god send aswell, running a disc on mine works but getting the chain tight and the pads hitting the disc are a challange.

Guess I better consult my bank account tomorrow :(

Thank you for the comments by the way!

I hope sooner or later trials disc brakes will be a lot more powerful than today's models. The brakes on motorbikes have tiny rotors so the guards are also small.

I wish I had my martas running as good on 140mm rotors as they do on 180s. That would be fantastic.

Why wouldn't Hope make those? Is there any physical problem? The master cylinders should be as small as possible and the slave ones should be as big as possible. Are there any light ways to make the brakes more powerful?

Oh come on Craig...don't worry about that...I was also drawing the guard in my textbooks for a year or so...before I managed to actually make one.

There is a guy at biketrials.ru who also said he had the idea.

I also felt a bit beaten when saw a topic at OTN where a guy made a one piece magura brake booster + magura top mounts. I used to draw it a year ago...but never managed to make one...so now I can't prove I was the first with the idea.

And the first guys to actually event it were the motorcyclists...

PS: Go on, share the looks of your guard :)

Oh come on Craig...don't worry about that...I was also drawing the guard in my textbooks for a year or so...before I managed to actually make one.

There is a guy at biketrials.ru who also said he had the idea.

I also felt a bit beaten when saw a topic at OTN where a guy made a one piece magura brake booster + magura top mounts. I used to draw it a year ago...but never managed to make one...so now I can't prove I was the first with the idea.

And the first guys to actually event it were the motorcyclists...

PS: Go on, share the looks of your guard :)

Its funny you say that, I remember going to supercycles about 4 years ago and they had a prototype booster and top mounts combined. It also had a monty style splitter integrated with it. Nothing new in the world it seems, doesnt mean you can't make your mark on it though :)

Its funny you say that, I remember going to supercycles about 4 years ago and they had a prototype booster and top mounts combined. It also had a monty style splitter integrated with it. Nothing new in the world it seems, doesnt mean you can't make your mark on it though :)

Haha :) Nice :)

Why didn't they market them?

There is nothing new in this world. Exactly.

PS:

Loughborough College :)

10436219.jpg