Haven't posted much on here about the 740 so this is covering the last 4 months or so, slow progress!
Did quite a bit of wiring and "un-wiring" as I like to call it, on the loom that I took from my old 940. Also re-routing existing wires to suit the new battery and ECU positions (intending to put the battery behind the front seats). Much more wiring left to do.
Did some porting on the exhaust manifold to better suit the slightly larger turbo housing.
Removed some weights from inside the frame rails - yes there are literally weights inside the frame rails because Volvo.
Extended part of the gear lever for shorter throw. Should be about 35% shorter.
Room for activities:
The car has been living inside the garage until yesterday but the engine crane would've hit the roof rafters if we tried to do this inside.
Turbo engine mounted on Land Rover engine mounts which are probably my favourite part so far, because they're stiffer than standard and cost only £7.
Now I can't get the car back inside the garage There's a decent size ramp in the way. I might try and push it with the Alfa, using a rigid tow bar type thing. It'll be a while before the Volvo runs as it needs a whole new fuel system, more wiring, mount the larger intercooler etc etc.
Edit: I was hoping this would start a new page, now there's tons of photos on this page!