Hub's

Jackal27

Im considering buyin sum new hubs but there the onli thing i dnt know anything about on a bike <_< what should i look 4 and what makes them better than others. please help ;)(Y)

it depends what bike you are ridden mod or stock ? if you ride a stock bike (26'') it's got to be the hope pro 2. but if you are ridden mod (20'') its got to be a adamant fixed or if you can afford it is a profile hub . and on the front i would get a hope pro 2 or chris king you can get them on tartybikes.co.uk.

if you want a fixed hub (with a front freewheel) and of the echo/zoo/gu/czar/adamant hubs will do fine, or the onza t-master if your on a budget (Y) if you want freehub get a profile or king stay away from the echo/zoo/gu/czar/adamant ones, there a bit wank.

it depends what bike you are ridden mod or stock ? if you ride a stock bike (26'') it's got to be the hope pro 2. but if you are ridden mod (20'') its got to be a adamant fixed or if you can afford it is a profile hub . and on the front i would get a hope pro 2 or chris king you can get them on tartybikes.co.uk.

i ride a santacruz jackal 26"

Im considering buyin sum new hubs but there the onli thing i dnt know anything about on a bike <_< what should i look 4 and what makes them better than others. please help ;)(Y)

Hi the thing that makes a hub better or worse is the amount of claws and pick up's they have (Just think of a ratchett, they work identical). The more claws they have the stronger the engagement, and the more pick up's they have the quicker they engage. A few examples is the hope mono is 32 engagement, the bulb is 38, and the pro 2 is 42. All hope hubs have 3 claws.

Now the Chris Kings work a bit differently they are closer to a car clutch in design. but this also gives them the abbility to put a 72 engagement on them. This is why they are alot more money but near instant engagement. This has probably confused you more, but hopefully should give you an idea how they work and what queations to ask

Hey dude, what you riding, a stock or mod, it says you ride a mod over ther< is that true? If so you will not be able to use the hope pro 2, like everyone is suggesting, I would say go for a Profile hub, I have heard loads of good stuff about them!

Johny Out!

Hi the thing that makes a hub better or worse is the amount of claws and pick up's they have (Just think of a ratchett, they work identical). The more claws they have the stronger the engagement, and the more pick up's they have the quicker they engage. A few examples is the hope mono is 32 engagement, the bulb is 38, and the pro 2 is 42. All hope hubs have 3 claws.

Now the Chris Kings work a bit differently they are closer to a car clutch in design. but this also gives them the abbility to put a 72 engagement on them. This is why they are alot more money but near instant engagement. This has probably confused you more, but hopefully should give you an idea how they work and what queations to ask

nice1 much needed info (Y)

if you do get a pro 2 make sure u get a pro 2 trial. the number of pawls and pick ups is not the only factor though for instance the diameter and the pick up size can effect the hubs strength and stiffness.

also i would only advise a king if you are going to service it fairly regularly or they can let people down (many seem to just hack the abuse and don't need any services or anything.)

Ben