My 221 Ti - New Pics Now Up (first Post)

AdamR28

GAHHH!!!

i'd so have one of the new 07 frame... but 1: has no rear maggie mounts. and 2: cost a f**kin arm and a leg!!!!!!!!!!

I'l wait till they invent something WITH rear maggie mounts AND lowers its price abit!. (Since when have monty ever done that?)

When they made the 07 PR? :P

It has rear Maggy mounts and costs £175.

When they made the 07 PR? :P

It has rear Maggy mounts and costs £175.

Yeah i know!... im picky.. i dont want a great big fat PR sticker on it hahaha.. i want a Ti!!

But yees.. i could get a pr and a set of ti stickers!..... but then knowing me.... id buy it have it for a few week and they will put some rear mounts on the new one!

Yeah i know!... im picky.. i dont want a great big fat PR sticker on it hahaha.. i want a Ti!!

But yees.. i could get a pr and a set of ti stickers!..... but then knowing me.... id buy it have it for a few week and they will put some rear mounts on the new one!

You could get it sprayed up in that pink colour scheme you photoshopped a while back...

Or just go double disc, I run maggy on the back but I prefer the rear disc on my mates bike.

Ads, take a file and make the holes in the rims larger. You'll save about 100g if you do it properly. And with your smooth riding they should last.

Also - shorter rear hose - will save about 15g ?

edit: Get a hydroxx, that's about 400g lighter than the Monty isn't it? With a few additional mods you'll get it under 8kg.

Edited by Inur

Tempted to do that (the rims)... will take aaggeess though and I don't really have the time/inclination. We will see! Would probably drill the sidewalls too if I was to go that far.

Shortened the hoses since the pics, saved 19g :Plol

Hydroxx is 140g less than Monty (as standard, but approx 100g heavier than my frame in its current state), but I can't afford one.

Below 8kg will be REALLY hard... There really isn't 500g to save on that bike :lol:

pedals, holes in cranks (see picture, white bits being holes), thin tubes, cut steerer down?

Cut the middle out of the pedals?

Holes in cranks will be death I think, don't really wanna risk my ankles!

Cutting steerer down will mean I have to lower the bars and it will ride poop, they're a bit low as it is :( (running a higher stem would add more weight than I took off by chopping the steerer)

Cut the middle out of the pedals?

Holes in cranks will be death I think, don't really wanna risk my ankles!

Cutting steerer down will mean I have to lower the bars and it will ride poop, they're a bit low as it is :( (running a higher stem would add more weight than I took off by chopping the steerer)

How about you stop ponsing around trying to get it as light as possible and just give it a good thrashing :P o and get some bb7s :P :P

Edited by andy h

Cut the headtube out, the middle of the pedals, cut the steerer tube down, if you could stand having lower bars, then chuck the stem stacks too, drill both rims, once built up, remove the topcap/bolt/star nut. Remove the dustcaps.

That is if it isn't light enough as it is...

You could get it sprayed up in that pink colour scheme you photoshopped a while back...

Or just go double disc, I run maggy on the back but I prefer the rear disc on my mates bike.

I would but my kings not disc ready!

Yeah i have thought about spraying my frame... but not pink because i want fluo pink rims too LOL most likly either black or silver, or white even that would be nice!