Addingham Moorside

BikeTrial Federation

Fantastic news was finally received in writing yesterday from the local planning office. They have agreed that we can run a very limited number of 'pedal cycle trials' again at this brilliant venue of Addingham Moorside. It's been hard work, but we got it, many many thanks to those involved in the discussions.

The first event to celebrate will be the UK National Championship round on 12th August. We want to make it an event that will show the council just what we're all about and that we're not just a load of kids on bikes! The only event at this venue this year was a TykeTrial comp back in February with 97 riders ... can we beat that and show the farmer our support?!

The entry fee on this occasion, due to limited costs at this venue and high turnout to events earlier in the year, will be just £10. The entry forms are almost ready to send out to you, and on-line entry will be available soon from our website.

Please try to send your entries in advance for this one so we know how many sections will be needed to avoid queues!

Hope to see you all there for another fun event.

Barbara

Great news!!!! (Y):)

Bring on the moorside!!! i want some of them sections from 2005 :) something hard, something knarly!!!! Home turf smells good, wish i could actually go practising up their before the worlds :(

Thanks to everyone involved in talks with the council and such forth. (Y):)

Wayne.

At last, biketrials comes home to roost. Well done all concearned and thanks.

Top venue, shame it clashes with the British round, Lets just hope that the Rochdale event can be moved as I feel that many riders would like to return to Addingham.

We will try and make it as good as the worlds in 05 for you all.

JP

Im more suprised that you's have got permission while the official club of the nationals hasnt, have they even tried???

Again more evidance to suggest that you two are the people with the know-how and contacts to make these things happen.

Well done barbara, sounds like excellent work.

Thank you, although I didn't do it alone! Paul Metcalfe is the main person who rang the planning office nearly every day for about a month and lobbied all the local councillors and mayor. It should be Paul that we're thanking on this occasion. (Y)

Im more suprised that you's have got permission while the official club of the nationals hasnt, have they even tried???

Again more evidance to suggest that you two are the people with the know-how and contacts to make these things happen.

They need a club to run the round from the area.

Anyway who cares about that, do you know if you can still ride there to practice or is Addingham out of bounds except for competitions?

Shame it clashes Im sure people would want to do both, maybe have 10 secions at Addingham and 10 at Rochdale :P

Phil.

I hope the round at Rochdale is moved to another date, Surely it would benefit both trials and riders if this happens?

I totally agree Stan, if enough people voice there concearn then surely some one will listen.

2 great events on two different weekends is better than having to toss a coin to decide which on to ride. :S

was considering asking the council and farmer if i could go upto addingham to promote them "re-opening" it for cyclo trials, as in the past couple of years iv used addingham as a venue for WBC practise, to get me in shape for the worlds.

Wayne. :)

its not long now, is it only 3 or 4 weeks away.... (Y)

yeah well said pat im in the same position , would like to do both, so please move the rochdale trial.

Please move the tyketrial round. :sleeping:

Either way Ive had a go at sorting something but unfortunately the dates have been looked at and it's too late to change the date for Rochdale, even though we have actually tried and come to the decision that it's not possible now without buggering everything up and causing a load of confusion, the date for the 12th August British champ round has been known for a long time.

Anyway, this venue in Rochdale is new and should be an exciting trial I'd just love to do the Addingham round myself aswell.

Phil.

Edited by totaltrials

Just another day for ripping the sport apart then! :angry:

Let's hope Hawkstone at the weekend gets my lads back into proper trials. (Y)

Ian.

Ps: How can this be fair to the riders & familys that trek up & down the country to support both series!

Edited by SamMonty

Please move the tyketrial round. :sleeping:

Phil.

Our event was first announced on this forum banner on 29th March, and some weeks previously on the website.

TykeTrial committee members agreed the August date back in January/February.

Your 'British' event was first announced on this forum in this post and on their website on 26th April .

Our insurance permit was received in early June.

On 21st July according to this post (last page) you hadn't even got a club to run the rochdale event.

We have been fighting to keep this venue/date since the 'closure' was announced on 19th April - this fighting started even before you'd set the Rochdale date/venue.

Entry forms have been on our website for about 2 weeks and have already been mailed out.

Entries have already been received from as far away as the north of Scotland.

Do you really expect us to cancel after all the work that loads of people have put into keeping this venue with this date planned?

Sorry if some of you think it's spoiling the sport, and not meaning to sound big-headed, but with a membership which includes 18 under 10 year olds and 4 feminas as well as all the older classes, perhaps others could learn some lessons from Tykes - ie: we're doing it for the members/riders and we don't mess them about by changing dates at short notice.

Sorry Phil, we won't be changing the date. Addingham will be going ahead on 12th August whether 23 people attend or 123 - it's more than 'just another trial', it has now become a celebration that we are being allowed to continue to use this venue.

Besides that issue, the "British Championship" has always avoided dates in August in the past in consideration for those who are travelling to the World Championships. Don't you think it is going to be very tight for people riding in Czech the previous weekend to get back, get themselves sorted and then off to a "British" round? Why have the 'committee' changed that policy for this year?

Our event was first announced on this forum banner on 29th March, and some weeks previously on the website.

TykeTrial committee members agreed the August date back in January/February.

Your 'British' event was first announced on this forum in this post and on their website on 26th April .

Our insurance permit was received in early June.

On 21st July according to this post (last page) you hadn't even got a club to run the rochdale event.

We have been fighting to keep this venue/date since the 'closure' was announced on 19th April - this fighting started even before you'd set the Rochdale date/venue.

Entry forms have been on our website for about 2 weeks and have already been mailed out.

Entries have already been received from as far away as the north of Scotland.

Do you really expect us to cancel after all the work that loads of people have put into keeping this venue with this date planned?

Sorry if some of you think it's spoiling the sport, and not meaning to sound big-headed, but with a membership which includes 18 under 10 year olds and 4 feminas as well as all the older classes, perhaps others could learn some lessons from Tykes - ie: we're doing it for the members/riders and we don't mess them about by changing dates at short notice.

Sorry Phil, we won't be changing the date. Addingham will be going ahead on 12th August whether 23 people attend or 123 - it's more than 'just another trial', it has now become a celebration that we are being allowed to continue to use this venue.

Besides that issue, the "British Championship" has always avoided dates in August in the past in consideration for those who are travelling to the World Championships. Don't you think it is going to be very tight for people riding in Czech the previous weekend to get back, get themselves sorted and then off to a "British" round? Why have the 'committee' changed that policy for this year?

Hahaha, blimey no need to go off on one.

I left the snoozy emoticon there to show I was being sarcastic because other people where saying to move the Rochdale round hence the quote I left. Its quite funny how intent you are to state your case, haha.

The dates have been made available on the ukbiketrial website for a long time and now, so the dates have been known, thats that.

Atleast all I can say is at least we have attempted to change the date or sort something last Sunday at round 3, I'm not intending to start an argument although it looks like you are intent to do so with your reply.

Rochdale mototrial club are the club running the Rochdale round, well that's what club it's getting run under, through various people.

Personally I think that having the trial the weekend after the world round is fine, I don't see the problem myself, although that's just my personal opinion, I don't know though really so don't ask me your not really bothered are you, just just want to cause an argument.

I only come on here to say that an attempt was made to change the date, but it was too late, just to let everybody know so they didn't keep asking, I'm not getting into a silly argument, the situation isn't good, but theres nothing that can be done.

So, perhaps someone could let the riders know: why did you set dates that had already been set by someone else in the first place?

You set the same date as for the Bike Show, again as for the annual TykeTrial 2-day event, then again for this event. There are few enough events in the country without purposely doubling up.

(Note: when I say "you" I mean the powers that be, not you personally)

So, perhaps someone could let the riders know: why did you set dates that had already been set by someone else in the first place?

You set the same date as for the Bike Show, again as for the annual TykeTrial 2-day event, then again for this event. There are few enough events in the country without purposely doubling up.

(Note: when I say "you" I mean the powers that be, not you personally)

At a guess I'd say they where the only dates that where available for the venue at the time, there are also other commitments and whenever the club organizing it is available.

It's probably best if you didn't say "purposley" as that's pretty stupid and narrow minded for you to say that.

I don't know though, e-mail johnterry@ukbiketrial.co.uk

Edited by totaltrials

as barbara has said, the matter that "were able to have a trial" at adidngham this year is great, i hope there are trials held there next year and it re-opens for practising.

I know the addingham comp will get alot of support from the members of Tykes, as the "british champ" round will/may get support from those who have championship commitments, to become brit champ etc (Y):)

Ian which one are you going to????i think savage is going to Addingham then riding the last brit round at Hook woods, as its 4 out of 5 count? (i think)

Wayne.

This is really annoying that they clash (N) I have done all the events of both championships this year so far and have a chance to go up in both.

I'm going to go to the addingham event, surely it's got to be supported, how crap will it look if theres only 30 or so riders there when barbara/tyketrial etc are trying to show what a great sport we are to try and get the venue open again, although it's doubtful there will only be 30 riders as the events have been so well supported this year. Also although the rochdale one is the official british champs I think a good result means more to me in the National series as there are alot more riders to compete against so if you get a top 3 or something it feels like you've achieved something not just got it because you've turned up. The atmosphere is brilliant as well when there is more people about. Also addingham is an awesome venue not heard of the one in rochdale so I can't comment. I'm just really annoyed that they are on the same day, the national date has been up for ages, I know it's difficult to fit other events in with a rammed calender but surely the rochdale one could have gone on a different weekend.

With it being the weekend after the worlds isn't too much of a problem and it keeps us on the ball rather than having a big 3 week break until Japan, maybe on the people with along journey form the south might find it difficult.

I will continue to support both championships for the rest of the year but will be at addingham for the next UK national for sure, might even make a weekend of it, shipley or somewhere on the saturday and then the trial on the sunday.