Titerra Frames

T.McMillan

check this sh!t out looks pretty cool

ti-tr.jpg

ti-tr is a trial frame for pro-riders.

Titanium renders the frame lightweight and resisient which is an enormous advantage when riding it. The bottom bracket shell unit is assembled with CNC-ed titanium plates and features an extreme rigidity and durability. Ideal with the corresponding rigid trial fork. The frame features no saddle, it's for pros only.

basic features:

Material: titanium Grade 9;

max tire clearance 2.5''

CNC-ed elements: dropouts; headtube, bottom bracket shell

Mounts for 4x Magura hydraulic brakes and disc brakes.

Weight: 1.3kg

Options: individual geometry

LIFETIME WARRANTY.

SO SO LIGHT, looks pretty cool and CUSTOM GEO, prob real pricey

non replaceable mech hanger (N)

yea i did notice that in the picture, maybe as its custom i wonder if they would go to horizontol dropouts that would be pretty cool, maybe they also think titanium is so strong you wont need a replaceable one, they are silly

this is actually been around for a loong time this frame.... so why havent we seen any - PRICE!!

like all ti companies... BATCH, TiTerra, and others i cant think of at the mo (bout 50r6 out there)

very expensiv stuff, looks nice though and the weight is insane.

yup! horizontal dropouts wud be much nicer for comp bike!!

Ti doesn't really snap like aluminium, it bends like steel, therefore it's not as necessary to have a replaceable mech hanger, because if you bend it, you can bend it back and it doesn't weaken it.

bingo.

It's not like Aluminium, you don't need a replaceable dropout, it's solid enough to withstand a lot of hits, and easy to bend back without cracking or snapping off.

Material: titanium Grade 9;

max tire clearance 2.5''

CNC-ed elements: dropouts; headtube, bottom bracket shell

Mounts for 4x Magura hydraulic brakes and disc brakes.

Weight: 1.3kg

Options: individual geometry

LIFETIME WARRANTY.

SO SO LIGHT, looks pretty cool and CUSTOM GEO, prob real pricey

Just wondering what is titianium grade 9, i only thought there was 6al4v and 3al2.5v that was commonly used for bicycle frame manufacture.

looking around the bottom bracket area it looks like it could do with some gussets as it will more than likely flex when you put torque through the cranks.

looks a nice frame, although i bet the price is astronomical due to material choice and limited numbers being produced.

the weight of 1.3kg suggets that tube choice has been of quite a thin wall, this will probably sacrafice some of the rigidity and strength within the frame,

the mech hanger will more than likely cope with the stress of trials use and will be able to be bent back quite easily.

looks like a top frame, price tag will be interesting.........................

ash

1.3 kg....for a STOCK frame

Wonder what a mod frame would weigh :o I do like it looks impressive. Im honestly surprised that we hardly hear of any top class riders winning rounds on these. Surely being lighter they're better? :S

Ti doesn't really snap like aluminium, it bends like steel, therefore it's not as necessary to have a replaceable mech hanger, because if you bend it, you can bend it back and it doesn't weaken it.

That looks cool. Ti does bend but it also bends back pretty much to its original shape where ali would crack and steel would yield and stay bent until you bend it back. Ti also absorbs a lot more shock which is ideal for fully rigid bikes. As everyone has said the reason you dont see more of them is the restrictive price. It will last forever but not everyone wants to ride the same geo for ever.