The Lightest Czar In The World..?

AdamR28

That bike is the sex i'll admit. But may i ask what's with the big weight issue bullshit ?

Really. Youdon't need a bike that light. To be honest prefer some weight to my bike so i know its there. Can't ride these featherweight things. Feel like there going break. So what is the issue with these ultra light bikes ? Doesn't make ridign any easier for me.

Danny.

This guy knows what hes on about. I think having a light bike is great but theres a line and youve gone abit far adam. But i supose if you have the money and time and feel cutting a big sqaure in a 300pound frame just to saves 15g or what ever it was is worth it then. Whats next adam you going to takes steriods lol O yeah what you done with your ti frame by the way and your pro they been sold?

I think I'm about right regarding the 'line'... as you said I don't really break stuff so it's ok. I did the frame as a bit of a hobby when I couldn't be bothered to ride, it was fun :)

Ti frame may be for sale depending on how I get on with the Czar, found a teeny crack in my PR :(

I think I'm about right regarding the 'line'... as you said I don't really break stuff so it's ok. I did the frame as a bit of a hobby when I couldn't be bothered to ride, it was fun :)

Ti frame may be for sale depending on how I get on with the Czar, found a teeny crack in my PR :(

Its not fair i wish i could do something like that as a hobby, you fancy giving me the pro frame then or sellling it me cheap as im trying to build a mod up :D if you do give us a pm, infact just go on daves msn he has me added.

Edited by andy h

We need people like Adam to push the sport by adapting their frames and components to suit them better, if they didn't, then we would still be riding round on XC steeleys or BMXs with bash plates.

Well almost.

looks amazing and fair play to what you have done !

in regards to the weight bit that people are crying over... if you dont brake parts then fair enough ... and lets be ohnest you have a whole shop full of stuff so it dosent realy matter haha

he means at the end of the top tube by the back wheel, where there is a little bung/plate welded on he cut it out, so when he fed the hose through a hole further up the top tube by the headtube the hose came out the end easy as its a big hole :blink: probably makes no more sence.....

I think the bb is the line for me, it should be left alone IMO.

Especially as it has now been anodised.

I don't think you ned to go this far to have a really nice bike to ride, 9KG would be great for me. But if you don't push the limits of the stuff we already have, how do you improve the old stuff?

If something hasn't broken, make it lighter until it does.

I think the bb is the line for me, it should be left alone IMO.

Especially as it has now been anodised.

I don't think you ned to go this far to have a really nice bike to ride, 9KG would be great for me. But if you don't push the limits of the stuff we already have, how do you improve the old stuff?

If something hasn't broken, make it lighter until it does.

insanely lite bike, and mad modifications,

and kool to see you finaly got your name changed el muelio :P

Edited by braintreetrials

So innovative and still beautiful. What will you do next, Adam?

What happened to the Monty; did you just fancy a change?

I need to come up to stay with you lot soon to ride Blackburn and all your amazing natural places (Y) ...

Cheers,

Joe.

Cheers adam!

it looks amazing.. theres a local place near me than can do the anodising plus i presume they will do the shot blasting aswell..

thing is.. Ours steeds will look the same pretty much... ;) apart from... brakes, forks headset and rear hub....

i hope you wont be pi**ed!! You can say you did yours first! :P

Cool

Cheers chris..

Looks Lush Ad. Liking the headtube mod, how much did you save in each area roughly?

Frame and bash, as new = 2044g

Frame no bash, saved 142g

No paint, saved 42g

Bashplate mounts off bb shell/downtube, saved 22g

Bashplate mounts off stays, head tube hole, one yoke plate machined out, saved 43g

Hole in top tube, other yoke plate machined out, general tidying, saved 16g

Corners off the rear dropouts off, general filing to bashplate mounts, saved 14g

More filing and grinding to various bits, saved 8g

Head tube ring reinforcements removed, saved 5g

Faced/reamed headtube and BB shell, saved 2g

Larger holes in dropouts, more head tube work (breathe holes into top and down tubes), scoop on BB shell, saved 15g

Shot blasting and anodising, saved 14g

Total saving 323g :)

(Y)

thing is.. Ours steeds will look the same pretty much... ;) apart from... brakes, forks headset and rear hub....

i hope you wont be pi**ed!! You can say you did yours first! :P

Haha, not a problem (Y) Look forward to seeing how it turns out mate!