Lm Fluid

CC12345678910

LHM is called liquid hydralic minerale. French for mineral oil for hydraulics. Its the same as royal blood but with a different colour (red royal blood) (green LHM). Citroen BX and some rolls royces use it for suspension in the citoen BX and power steering in the rolls. I've used it loads a tims and its cool in maggies. Cheap and cheerfull, and the same as royal blood.

Citroen LM is what I used to use in my maggies many moons ago (before I got a REAL brake :P:D ). I was told it was identical to the "official" maggie stuff. I never had any problems, and yeah, WAAAAAAAY cheaper than what maggie will sell it to you for.

I think it's wrong to advise using anything that's runny. DOT 3/4 oil will damage the seals, surely?

My advice would be to go into a car spares shop and buy a litre of mineral brake fluid, usually a green container or green lid. This is about £6/7 and the same as Magura oil. Cooking oil tends to be too viscous, and I've never seen the point of using water.