New Products From Hope.

Andeee

Hey guys as i work in a local bikeshop our rep showed us some of there new products which have been made and available.

I thought id share with you all as some of this stuff is pretty cool.

PINK! Mono Mini: You may have seen these beauties around in the mags for a little while now. We've been promising to release them and due to the phone lines going crazy for them we've actually got them into full production. Initially limited to just 200 sets these special edition brakes are already going out to dealers. Priced at £150 each, they are as standard braided and floating with 160mm rotors only on 9.74 calipers. There's some lovely detailing on the master cylinders and calipers and the rotors have a flower pattern cut into the band.

post-1-1191056016_thumb.jpg post-1-1191056009_thumb.jpg post-1-1191055993_thumb.jpg

External Bottom Bracket: These are the first pics of the all new External bottom bracket. We've got more than fed up replacing our existing units on a monthly basis, so this little bit of kit should save us all time (and money!) Using some custom made full stainless steel bearings (made by INA who do all our bearings) these machined aluminium cups are sealed with a labyrinth seal like on the hub rotor bodies and the aluminium centre tube is sealed with o-rings. Testing has been going well and we should see the units ready to go by January. Price is expected to be £65 for the stainless steel version, and there will be a full ceramic verion to follow at about £95.

post-1-1191056099_thumb.jpg post-1-1191056106_thumb.jpg

Kids 24" wheel frameset: You may have seen a little bit about this project through the media over the last couple of months - but these are some of the first pictures of the soon to be released kids bike we've been working on for a while. Originally coming about with a need for Ian's son to have a new bike, due to there not being anything of real quality available - we did as we always do and made one! It's also been a little bit of a 'look what we can do' project and we'll use the bikes as promotional tools at show's and event's to showcase the everincreasing range of Hope product. We're not trying to re-write the rules on frame design or building, but we have brought some of our knowledge and experience to the frame.

Headtube, seat tower, seatstays, chainstays and dropout's will all be machined from single pieces of billet aluminium. This is quite a challenge in some cases - which is both costly and time consuming. The main triangle will be constructed using bonded in carbon tubes, with the rear triangle bolting in place. Internal cable routing and flush fitting rear caliper mounts are some of the clever touches we have incorporated in the design - 'because we can'!

Expect the bike to be ready to go by sometime in November - only available as complete bikes with a spec most of us wouldn't mind on our own bikes! Pace forks, XO gearing, Race Face cranks and of course a full complement of all our products. Price?...... not yet finalised, but somewhere in the region of £1700!

post-1-1191056153_thumb.jpg post-1-1191056158_thumb.jpg post-1-1191056163_thumb.jpg post-1-1191056168_thumb.jpg post-1-1191056214_thumb.jpg

Enjoy X

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
only the people that are sponcered by hope well get the bike cus they dont have to buy it.

bet they dont one for free, unless they are there very top rider and actually plan on riding it properly and not just as a bike to have in shed and go out on everynow and then. And still then i wouldnt bet they get one. These frames i bet won't be mass produced that much, may be even made to order? most hope dealers won't stock them i bet and will only order them in only big stores will stock a few may be.

Im only one who think the 24' has been marketed completely wrong. And that it should be marketed as a 24' street bike as i bet if it had it would have got alot of good feedback from people rather than people trying to think of how anyone would want to spend 1700 on a kids bike. Its like if the 24uk that heatsink sell was marketed as a kids frame then im sure not as many people would buy it.

you physically would not want to market a 24" kids frame with carbon down and top tubes as anything else other than a "kids" bike.

maybe i oculd fit on one, but it would be purely XC nothing else, its going to be extremly light and you wouldnt want to be throwing it around, i wouldnt want to be one for breaking one.

all the stuff looks nice and pimp, i feel a bit of a trip to hope to ask for a special colour way going..........

Wayne.

Ceramic bearings are the future. I have them in my pro 2 and the spin is amazing. I can roll for ages. Go Ceramic BB's.

Just out of interest, do you notice a fair bit of friction from your BB? I would of thought Ceramic BB's would be more of a marketing gimic than a necessity in Trials.

• 2 weeks later...
bet they dont one for free, unless they are there very top rider and actually plan on riding it properly and not just as a bike to have in shed and go out on everynow and then. And still then i wouldnt bet they get one. These frames i bet won't be mass produced that much, may be even made to order? most hope dealers won't stock them i bet and will only order them in only big stores will stock a few may be.

Wow, you bet an awful lot.