New Products From Hope.

Andeee

so all in all, the market available for them probably (at a guess) dwarfs the market available for trials specific 18t style cranks

Yes it is,but this is trials-forum and most people here ride trial bikes.Yes inspireds and simmilar frames are popular,but not as popular here as classic trial frames.But this argument is going nowhere obviously...

so all in all, the market available for them probably (at a guess) dwarfs the market available for trials specific 18t style cranks

Not forgetting the massive following Hope products have in the MTB world.

TGS is a tiny portion of biking worldwide.

Despite this being a trials forum I'm sure a lot of people will also have a MTB in the shed.

Edited by AndrewEH1

Yes it is,but this is trials-forum and most people here ride trial bikes.Yes inspireds and simmilar frames are popular,but not as popular here as classic trial frames.But this argument is going nowhere obviously...

this isnt really an argument, youre seemingly confused as to why this product interests trials folk

this IS a trials forum where a large amount of people DO ride streety 'trials' bikes that ARE relevant to this conversation on hope cranks. (which puts an end to your initial point)

what 'most' people on this forum use is pretty irrelevant. Lots of people on this 'trials' forum use middleburns (on thier trials bikes) and would be interested in a viable hope branded alternative.....putting them to market would be a viable and no doubt profitable venture for them (which puts an end to your 'how popular they may be' point)

do you kick up a fuss about other products 'most' people do not use on here?! or are you just trying to be awkward (again)

I agree andrew....their other products seem to do very well despite stiff competition, and when people buy after market hope parts, a good few like to get the whole set

this could be just the first step in thier cranks production, who knows what else will come out in time

Edited by chris4stars

Maybe because I haven´t seen anyone ride pure trials on inspired in my life?I´m not hatin,but danny mac or Ali doesn´t ride trials anymore.Does that make their riding less impressive?No and I never said that I don´t like their style or anything negative about street trials.You can ride whatever style you want on whatever bike you like...Because this is not about what people want to use,it´s about what is actually compatible with other trial components used on trial bike,and those cranks won´t fit 90% of trial frames,end of debate.If you want to prove me wrong,go ahead,show me how would those cranks with 22t(or 32 as displayed on that photo) chainring fit on any of those frames here(besides inspireds and maybe beacause street) http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_frames/c14.html without using 140mm BB and copletely fecked up chainline.And yes,I´m awkward by proving you wrong in your argument about lifting,I´m sorry I hurt your feelings chris,I´m really sorry,can we be friends?

Maybe because I haven´t seen anyone ride pure trials on inspired in my life?I´m not hatin,but danny mac or Ali doesn´t ride trials anymore.

Ali entered (and won Elite class) a competition recently... on his Hex.

Edited by kaybs41282

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Ali entered (and won his class?) a competition recently... on his Hex.

Happy to be proven wrong though!

He might,but does he ride pure trials because of that one comp?I´ve seen many vids of him riding street trials,doing spins and backflips...Again, does one guy out of thousand prove anything?As far as I know he did it to show people that he can ride pure trials on whatever bike he wants and to promote hex.How many of inspired owners here ride natural?You know,that kind of riding that actually would be affected badly by lowered clearance of bigger chainring and bashguard?Sure,you can ride only BIU comps,in that case you might even benefit from having 24t bash :rolleyes:

And yes,I´m awkward by proving you wrong in your argument about lifting,I´m sorry I hurt your feelings chris,I´m really sorry,can we be friends?

haha, as i recall (and i just double checked to see)...the scientific journals/websites i linked for you backed up everything i had to say on that matter and prooved i wasnt wrong ;) in fact i enjoyed some constructive and much more pleasant, polite and respectful chat with one of the senior members on here after you stopped your usual argumentative posts!

as to the rest of that post, is this 'pure-trials-forum'? hmmmm....i'll let the more experienced members shoot you down on that one if they wish. if you would take the time to read...i made it clear that if they came into production with a way of fitting a bashring etc then it would be viable attractive alternative to a few of us

keep the 'danny mac' doesnt do trials type chat out of this topic and start another argumentative thread elsewhere. leave us to comment and anticipate the potential upcoming parts from hope, and how they can be used on OUR trials bikes

Edited by chris4stars

haha, as i recall (and i just double checked to see)...the scientific journals/websites i linked for you backed up everything i had to say on that matter and prooved i wasnt wrong ;) in fact i enjoyed some constructive and much more pleasant, polite and respectful chat with one of the senior members on here after you stopped your usual argumentative posts! he agreed with you,yeah I know,it always feel better when someone agrees,especially when he knows just as little as you do,that´s your best friend ;)

as to the rest, is this 'pure-trials-forum'? hmmmm....i'll let the more experience members shoot you down on that one if they wish. if you would take the time to read...i made it clear that if they came into production with a way of fitting a bashring etc then it would be viable attractive alternative to a few of us.

How long do you ride trials?I´m waiting here for you to actually prove any of my claims in this argument wrong.Or any of those very experienced senior members to ´shot me down´.My advice to you is to not take your personal prejudges into debates,it clearly isn´t helping you to think.

I did today in the wet with no brakes (Y)

Since when is brakeless riding called pure trials? this is pure trials

this is brakeless

and this is street trials http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=danny+macaskill&oq=danny+mac&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=66347l69404l0l84627l17l11l0l1l1l1l264l1502l0.5.3l10l0 there are simmilarities,but it´s not the same thing and inspireds weren´t designed for pure trials,were they?does that mean you can´t ride trials on them?no,you can ride trials on road bike.Does that mean road bike is the best bike for it?I don´t think so,but you might have someting smart to say about it.and to support my statement about what the most of people ride here http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/32-bike-pictures/ count bikes which could use those cranks and then which couldn´t.I got 3:26 score,but I might miss something. Edited by ghostrider88

I own a 24" Inspired. I ride natural and street and park and dirt and pretty much anything that comes my way.

I'm also planning to do comps in 2012 with some other 24" riders.

It's funny how it's always a one sided attack in these kind of arguments.

Always the guys who have streetier set ups being talked down to by the guys who ride 'proper trials'. Which is unusal because the majority of the streetier riders actually used to ride 'proper trials' first, then they realised that there was so much more to the sport, so they chose a bike that is versatile instead.

It's also kinda funny that the Inspired style bikes are probably the closest thing to an old school trials bike that you can get your hands on at the moment, so you could argue that the highly modified comp bikes aren't real trials bikes! :blink:

But I wouldn't try to argue that because I'm not a bellend. I just like to ride bikes, not argue about whether something is or isn't trials. Who gives a shit?

It's also kinda funny that the Inspired style bikes are probably the closest thing to an old school trials bike that you can get your hands on at the moment, so you could argue that the highly modified comp bikes aren't real trials bikes! :blink:

But I wouldn't try to argue that because I'm not a bellend. I just like to ride bikes, not argue about whether something is or isn't trials. Who gives a shit?

I agree with all of that.I used to ride 4cross bike for trials and I was just as happy as I´m now on my trials specific bike. My posts weren´t about what´s better and worse and I can guarantee you won´t find one single post where I say one negative word about street trials or brakeless.All I´m saying and I always was saying is,that those damn cranks won´t fit on trial frame.I also said that they look nice and it´s actually sad that many riders won´t be able to use them because of that simple fact.What´s negative about that Sam?

Edited by ghostrider88

1.How long do you ride trials?

2.I´m waiting here for you to actually prove any of my claims in this argument wrong.

1. just over two years, and im not too bad at it considering...can do a nice amount of 'trials' type moves too...as far as i was concerned trials is just finding ways to get over or around objects...'lines' if you will. can be anything.

according to the internet:

Trials riding is an extreme test of bicycle handling skills, over all kinds of obstacles, both natural and man-made

Street trials, or freestyle bike trials, is a non-competitive variant, using features found in the urban environment. It is the trials equivalent of street skateboarding or street freestyle BMX. More fluid than competitive trials riding, it encompasses the same skills: very precise control of the bike, through jumps and balancing on very narrow obstacles

2.a your initial point of 'this is a trials forum' argument has already been prooved flawed since a number of us using the forum on our bikes we use for trials are interested in such products (as has been prooved by the interest shown)

2.b your comments regarding how popular this product may be - i havnt done the market research so have no definative proof, but looking at the market available, here and outside trials - it could be pretty popular give a few tweeks (even if they didnt release a screw on version)

those are the only points ive questioned, and the only points you require 'prooved'

*ps - it wasnt him really him agreeing with me, more a case of the scientific research papers backing up my point, you can argue them all you like - but that seems to be a little lost on you :S

Edited by chris4stars

He might,but does he ride pure trials because of that one comp?

Evidently, yes if he fancies it.

He did it to show people that he can ride pure trials on whatever bike he wants

So this kind of proves that an inspired user is using for riding natural

Did you actually count those bikes in bike pics tread chris?I would say it´s pretty accurate sample of what people ride here.Yes,those cranks might be popular outside trials,why post pics of them on trials-forum?I might put pic of 1000 mtb components and 1000road components here that would fit without any modification,what does it prove?nothing,noone would use it even when they can,why?becase they weren´t designed for this sport,just like those cranks.Does that say anything about them not being popular outside of trials market?If I did have 4x or DH bike I would prolly buy them,I don´t,so I will buy parts that actually can be used on my TRIAL bike.

Skye...

Ok Sam,I think you ride trials for pretty long time,don´t you?I´m sure you know the difference between trials bike and street trials bike,just like I do.If you compare the geos of two typical bikes like fo example skye and echo pure,there glaring difference between them.And you know why is that,I know you know that.

Edited by ghostrider88

Ghostcocksucker88 (nice name by the way), quit your bitching. Unless you work for Hope and are trying to make me buy a set just to prove you wrong, in which case nicely done.

Chris, don't waste your time with this retard - you'll never win because he's incapable of rational thought.

Ghostcocksucker88 (nice name by the way), quit your bitching. Unless you work for Hope and are trying to make me buy a set just to prove you wrong, in which case nicely done.

Chris, don't waste your time with this retard - you'll never win because he's incapable of rational thought.

Well said mr.racional thought,oh wait...

no i didnt count the bikes...why should i?! what has it got to do with anything?!

over the last few years i have seen SOOO many street style 24 (and now 26") bikes in this forum that would be able to take middleburn style cranks (which these may very well turn into in the final development stage). You need to accept that its a very popular (growing) area, and users of this forum include alot of these riders

the inspired skye thread was one of the most popular, and my new bike is somehow on the second page of all time (166 pages i think?) on a trials forum and by your logic - is not a proper trials bike?! like sam im confused

alot of interest on a trials forum for bikes that arent design for trials huh?!

failing that, count the number of topics on non trials specific parts...or the number of bikes riden on here by riders running non trials specific parts (as a result of them being better than the trials specific).

what you need to realise is that some of these products appeal alot to the riders who consider trials to be more than your UCI etc stuff....1 example - SAINT cranks are not trials specific, but youd be hard pushed to find anyone who'd say they wernt VERY good for big street trials.

*edit - fair enough JD thanks :)

but i am curious - sams bike - what sort of bike is it? a street TRIALS bike.....TRIALS-forum.co.uk.......(clue is in title)

Edited by chris4stars