*hijacked*radiohead's New Album*hijacked*

Tomm

Radiohead have released their new album - In Rainbows. Because they don't have a record deal any more, they are releasing it independently, exclusively via their website InRainbows.com as a download.

The interesting thing is that you can choose how much you want to pay for it. So yeah, you can put £0.00 in the box if you want. I ended up paying £1.45 for it, I thought that was reasonable since I probably wouldn't have bought the CD from a shop.

The actual album is, er, kinda awkward. I.e. as you might expect for post-OK Radiohead. There are some really good tunes though (and some that are just a bit weird). Worth the £1.45 for me, and definitely better than a kick in the teeth if you're not even going to pay for it.

So yeah:

InRainbows.com

I got this last night, website is pretty random layout but very cool. I chose not to pay for it, yes i'm a skinflint but i had heard some of it already and i was not that impressed at all with it. Listing to it again now as i've nothing to do in work

Downloaded pretty fast so thats about it

Dave

I've had it for a few days now, paid 0 because I could.

I have no moral issue with what I've done.

But yeah it's never going to live up to The Bends or OK Computer.

But it's nice to listen to... that's how I'd describe it.

The whole album seems to be on one straight line of quality, ie: there are no REALLY good tracks and no really crap tracks.

"Nude" stands out to me as the weakest though I guess.

Edited by robb_o

..."Nude" stands out to me as the weakest though I guess.

I think that creepy old peadophile from family guy is singing that song!

The voices are so similar its uncanny!

But the rest of the album is awsome, kind of a cross between kid A and OK computer.

not being a shit, but why anyway would pay anything more than a penny really is beyond me, the artists are loaded anyway?

basically burning money, im all for buying vinyls and records etc as they are often quite artistic and offer a nice alternative to your average cd etc but £10 for something that could be spent on enjoying yourself or some gear on ebay etc, really does phase me lol

not being a shit, but why anyway would pay anything more than a penny really is beyond me, the artists are loaded anyway?

basically burning money, im all for buying vinyls and records etc as they are often quite artistic and offer a nice alternative to your average cd etc but £10 for something that could be spent on enjoying yourself or some gear on ebay etc, really does phase me lol

They'll make all their money back selling the box set to all their die hard fans when it comes out in a few weeks anyway so i'm sure it's no problem.

Yer, i'm not sure why i did. But i definately wanted to. I would never try and persuade anyone else to or think less of them for not or anything but I would have definately brought it in shops if it had been released as a CD for however much it came out at. They're an artist i respect and i wanted to show that and make a donation to them i guess. Meh, maybe i'm just a fool for their marketing scheme :)

What Radiohead have done is actually REALLY clever...

Because EVERYONE is talking about this album!

I've had mates that have NEVER liked Radiohead before, asking me what I think of this new album and such.

So basically because it's a 'freebie', they have widened their fan base and got everyone talking.

• 8 months later...

Just becuase I didn't pay, I don't see why I should be renegated to 1.3kbps...

I've never even heard of them...

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">