Old School Trials

Sonny Clarke

Ye man, there's some seriously old school stuff around

I've just remembered a police TV show from America called PACIFIC BLUE that used to be on which had Hans Rey doing all the stunts in it with Spin wheels!

- see the end of this! Chinese version though..

and this -

Here's the intro..how tacky haha

This is old school street trial. At least some of you should know about him. Hans Rey, he does amazing stuff on a normal MTB and we are complain about parts that are to heavy on our modern bikes :P

Hah, that made me laugh. My first 'trials' bike was a stripped down 5 speed Viking road racer with 'cross tyres and cowhorn handlebars. I stripped out the top 4 cogs and replaced the chainring to lower the gear ratios. We'd set up trials courses in a local quarry. Our hero was a Trials rider called Sammy Miller. The year ??? 1971

If Hans Rey is old school, I guess we must have been pre-school !! :unsure:

Edited by The Velcro Fly

Hah, that made me laugh. My first 'trials' bike as was a stripped down 5 speed Viking road racer with 'cross tyres and cowhorn handlebars. I stripped out the top 4 cogs and replaced the chainring to lower the gear ratios. We'd set up trials courses in a local quarry. Our hero was a Trials rider called Sammy Miller. The year ??? 1971

If Hans Rey is old school, I guess we must have been pre-school !! :unsure:

:blink: And I thought bike trial was a quite new sport. I've been riding trial for one and a half year now and before two years ago I didn't even know that bike trial existed. I started on my whole dampered downhill style bike. But I had to switch the rear coil to an aluminum pipe to get the rear stiff so that I could jump on the rear wheel. That was before I ever knew about bike trials. But I started to learn standing still on the bike and move around with the wheels locked and jump up and over one pallet. And thanks to a little kid that saw me doing this told me about bike trial so then I found some vids on the internet.

So it really suprises me that you where doing this 1971.

the best episode of pacific blue is the one where palermo is feeling really old and invites his friend hansjörg rey to teach him some stunts. ends up with palermo learning pedal kicks and does a 270 off a car roof and stops the bad guy.

i used to watch PB religiously when i was younger. it was always on at 5 past 5pm on swedish channel 5. :)