aaron chase

I don't understand the debate. From what I understand the OP basically said, "ANIMAL CRUELTY IS BAD HERE IS A VIDEO IF YOU AGREE WITH ME GIVE ME YOUR NAME".

The other side of the argument being, "ANIMAL CRUELTY IS WICKED HERE IS A VIDEO IF YOU AGREE WITH ME GIVE ME YOUR NAME", and that's kind of ridiculous.

So what's the debate?

Whatever, but whats the point in this thread? This isn't an email inbox, nor are we your address list, take your shit spam else where, thought it was bad enough getting "Add your name to list to cure the world!" in my inbox, let alone on a forum.

No, i've not seen the video, nor do i intend to.

i see fishermen here, ripping fish out of the water, and twating them with rocks, whats so much better about that?

I'm not getting involved, as it's not something i can control, so i don't really get annoyed etc. Sure it's bad to see, but in a selfish way of living, if it doesn't affect me, and it's out of my control, i don't really bother with it. After all, what can i do. I know realistically that putting my name down won't do anything anwyay. I've not watched the video as i know what it is from the replies... I think that if there is a humane way to do something, it should be done that way, but it's not like i can change it so i'm not going to get all wound up over it.

But, to answer your point ash... A sharp blow to the head of a fish instantly kills the fish. One split second from life to death. It's as humane as a bullet through the heart/head when you see a "humane shooting". The brutality that it may look like is actually the humane way to kill a fish.

When fish are hauled out of the water with gaf's (metal barbed spikes), i'm against that, and as an angler, does annoy me, but i can't do anyting about it so....

The only part i'll play in animal cruelty is ensuring 'm not cruel to animals, or people i'm with/around etc. That's about all i can do.

Bongo

What has this world come too, they f**king skinned it and left it alive, after kicking the shit out of it?

This planet needs ridding off that kind of f**king scum.

I was almost sick, I have never felt so sorry for anyone or anything, why couldn't they kill them before skinning them? It's revolting. I'm going to go and have a cry now.

its obviously foreign culture, its obviously accepted there. So who are you to question their way of life?

Ahh yes, exactly thats the greatest point ever!

Why should be dispute anything any other culture does, if its okay in their culture, surely it must be okay then!?

I mean the nazis, they were only following the trend in the culture, im sure if it was okay at the time, then we cant question their way of life, or beheading people in certain cultures because they are homosexuals etc that must be okay because its accepted in their culture that homosexuality is wrong.

If we dont question things then the world would be even more so f**ked up than it already is

As for the animal cruelty thing....it is wrong yet very difficult to prevent, therefore i cant do much really

Why did the evil barstards skin the animals alive then leave them suffering after. I'm not condoning any of this behaviour but if they have to skin an animal i wish they would give it a sharp blow to the head and make sure that its dead before. :sick:

I'm going to make an assumption that you all eat meat, because I'm really stupid. How about you stop eating meat, as that would have an effect on animal cruelty. Signing this will do nothing, nothing whatsoever.

People like you really wind me up, Animals eat other animals thats how the planets echosystem works, If all humans stop eating meat which i know you probably love the system would f**k! :angry:

3038_MEDIUM.jpg

Edited by Boswell

I expect I'll get my head bitten off AGAIN.. But..

Who decides what is right and wrong? And who decides whether he/she is right/wrong.

Imagine you had grown up in a different culture and knew something to be 'right'. You would have an entirely different perspective. You're culture has conditioned you to believe certain acts are 'wrong'. But are the wrong? Ever seen the film Zulu? Ever seen the film Dances With Wolves?

Now here's the confusing part.. I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anything in this thread.. The fun thing about life is that everybody is right in their own way, yet; wrong at the same time.

(I used way too many ellipses in that post! sorry)

I expect I'll get my head bitten off AGAIN.. But..

Who decides what is right and wrong? And who decides whether he/she is right/wrong.

Imagine you had grown up in a different culture and knew something to be 'right'. You would have an entirely different perspective. You're culture has conditioned you to believe certain acts are 'wrong'. But are the wrong? Ever seen the film Zulu? Ever seen the film Dances With Wolves?

Now here's the confusing part.. I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anything in this thread.. The fun thing about life is that everybody is right in their own way, yet; wrong at the same time.

(I used way too many ellipses in that post! sorry)

Well it is obviously God that gives us our morals :P

But anyway yeh, i get what you are saying, different perspectives, different cultures, different morals etc. But surely there are some absolute morals...not everything can just be stated as relative?

Meh i dont want to get into this argument, we do it enough in philosophy, good point though!

[Reply to below post] Ye that worked, ta!

Edited by Bondy

I am not going to disagree with what they are doing..It is there way of making money. But I think the ways they do it are completely unnecessary. I mean why the hell didn't they kill the poor things before they took its skin off. I really did feel sorry for it, still alive covered in blood without its skin/fur..

Surely it would make it easier for them to do if was dead?

I really don't know what to think but I would hope that that video was a extreme example.

I am pretty sure I haven't wrote anything anyone can have a dig at me for.

So whats this joke of a "petition" actually going to do? It doesnt seem to be affiliated with any organisation, is just another viral email over which the majority of people will instantly create opinions and then carry on like normal after feeling like they played their part in stoping some great evil.

Sam, watch the video. It's NOTHING like eating meat. I personally don't eat meat but I accept that some people do and that's OK. But taking the skin off an animal's face while it's still alive and then leaving it - that's just ridiculous, completely unnecessary.

I won't be signing the pointless petition though, and Simon is right, TF doesn't want your spam. But then a topic like this is sort of interesting, so just post the video not the other crap.