I Can See The World - Taking Photography To New Heights

M-i-t-c-h

Hi

As some of the Hampshire guys already know i run a company called I Can See The World

Right ICSTW has really taken off (no pun intended) so as much as i loved the flashsite i have moved away from it. Now i shouldnt have so many troubles with browsers. Iv also done some SEO. If anyone discovers any problems viewing in IE please let me know (i ask because i dont have IE)

Changes:

1) whole new site

2) reworded not to aim at estate agents

3) password protected area for clients

4) secure upload DIRs for events

New I Can See The World Website

let me know what you think, and if anything can be improved.

cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28/04/08

Hey all, a few small changes.

Changed heading banners on multiple pages, and most of all now a downloadable brochure is available in PDF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/07/08

Major change in client lounge, new subdomain and realtime online image help for clients.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/08/08

Online chat extended to the rest of the site.

Edited by M-i-t-c-h

Looks like a really good idea no doubt your already doing really well with it. Seriously though, I don't want to rain on your parade but that flash navigation system is a total nightmare.

agreed.....if your going to maintain the flash navigation at least make the thing turn 90* with a picture or something in it so that people dont have to look elsewhere on the site to see where the link might take them

i was clicking all through the different slides etc, i was working my way through form left to right but when i want to go back to view the ones on the left i couldnt, if i clicked on it, it wouldnt swivel round and view it, dont know if anyone else has had this problem? i agree with ben and turn the little slides 90 or something, did you get the idea from itunes album artowrk thingi?

Something odd happened when i used the bottom navigation then maximised my window. See the screenshot below.
WTF lol ill look into that, thanks for finding that!

Looks like a really good idea no doubt your already doing really well with it. Seriously though, I don't want to rain on your parade but that flash navigation system is a total nightmare.
Cheers man, thanks for being honest, something i will certainly consider when i rework it in the future.

In my opinion the navigation is fine, but there are a fair few gramatical errors which you may want to sort out.

Other than that it looks really good I reckon.

Thank you! yep i think i will get someone else to check it through, my special needs showing through there haha

anyone else finding any other problem? particularly in IE?

Great business idea, I'm sure you'll do pretty well! Seems like you have the skills for it. Seems a little under priced to me for what you're doing!

Which leads me onto my next point...for your website - let the photography do the talking!

The site's okay and quite novel but why confine the main selling point of your business to a small box in the middle of the screen?! Seems daft to me.

I think you'd be far better with a flat website, making use of all the good images you've taken. Illustrators tend do this to good effect on their sites - have minimal text and base their sites around the fact they're good at illustration and make them look pretty...

Just my thoughts anyway :)

I'm going to be blunt here, but Matt seems to have pretty much said it...

You are a photographer, not a flash developer, nor a website designer, let the pictures do the talking, let the customer reactions do the talk.

You don't need the flash, you need a flat, elegant site that makes it easier for prospective clients to view what they can get and what they can get in return; increased sales.

Idea is pretty damn awesome though, so good luck with it. :)

I think the photos and your idea is f*cking awesome! serious I love aerial photos of anything and this is brilliant, as you've pointed out commercially and at home too.

but yeah, didn't like that flash navigation really. Thought it was broken :S I think you should use flash or similar, but as simon said, show the pictures off more and make it easier to navigate

but seriously kudos for the idea, hope you go far !!

Thats brilliant Mitch, well done

Really cool website, very smart.

The pictures are really good, terry showed me some from the Hampshire comp.

Your going to go far!

Scott

Cheers! Mr Wilson (Y)

Well refreshing in IE seems to mess it up.

When I refresh with IE it moves from the center to the bottom left and the bar saying what you are mousing over disapears, as does the contact, home and sound buttons

Mmmm ok, what screen size do you use mate? im not sure what that is.

let the photography do the talking!

The site's okay and quite novel but why confine the main selling point of your business to a small box in the middle of the screen?! Seems daft to me.

I think you'd be far better with a flat website, making use of all the good images you've taken. Illustrators tend do this to good effect on their sites - have minimal text and base their sites around the fact they're good at illustration and make them look pretty...

I'm going to be blunt here, but Matt seems to have pretty much said it...
I think you should use flash or similar, but as simon said, show the pictures off more and make it easier to navigate

True, the minimalistic design was what i first wanted to achieve, with more pictures than text and really let people SEE what we are all about and not read however, the market we are aiming for is an older age bracket, and i did some research on this, i showed them some websites one being Muir Vidlers Photography site and Bright Blue days website the majority said they preferred bright blue days because of the content and the background on the company. I know this isnt a perfect comparison but it was the closest i could get. I aimed to produce a site with the same amount of useful content as Bright Blue Days. But Yeh, i probaly could use more pictures, would be better visually but would also affect load times.

Content also helps with Google rating as they now index flash.

Some great critique guys cheers! keep it coming.........

Taking a wild stab in the dark here, Mitch- but is Muir Vidler a relation of yours? Those pics are totally awesome!!

Anyway, back on topic and I like the flash site although I agree that you should be able to maximise the pictures on the site to allow people to see the images clearer. Good luck with it though!

Dave

tried it on all 3 of my randomly sized screens (1280x1024, 1440x900 and 1680x1050) was the same for all of them.

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated, iv found someone with the same problem and unfortunatly it seems to be a browser thing and the way the browser calls the flash documents, im working on it, slowly! (im no flash designer haha)

Cheers (Y)

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Just no.

PS. Whats so innovating about those pics?

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Just no

You seem to have a strong viewpoint on the subject lol, care to elaborate?

It provides innovative images in the fact that they can be taken from 100ft in the air, with a DSLR, without the use of helicopters, offer far better image quality and different angle to that of traditional aerial system or kite systems, can be set up anywhere and its environmentally friendly as only air is used in the system.

Edited by M-i-t-c-h

Got a picture of the systems you use to take these pictures?

theres one on the pricing page of the trailer collapsed, and a cropped one of the trailer and the portable mast set up on the high level photo page.

It looks like something from thunderbirds haha

You seem to have a strong viewpoint on the subject lol, care to elaborate?

It provides innovative images in the fact that they can be taken from 100ft in the air, with a DSLR, without the use of helicopters, offer far better image quality and different angle to that of traditional aerial system or kite systems, can be set up anywhere and its environmentally friendly as only air is used in the system.

Hold on, Get off the ecological bandwagon - it might work on air but something must power it, I dont see a hydro electric damn or series of wind turbines so im going to guess generator/power supply? (seriously this its cool to be green thing is a joke at the moment)

Also, as simon and other people have picked up on you, your a photography company. People are there for one reason - to see your product, Which is photographs - SHOW THE PHOTOGRAPHS as decently as possible, Large un-interupted images.

As for the navigation, as a rule of thumb on an interface, if your moving your mouse onto an object, any event which happens as a result should be as close as possible.. otherwise when your looking for "prices" for example.. your eyes look up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down etc etc until you explode.

Furry/faded/cheapo/filtertastic borders were crap in the 90's - make a nice soft frame with really light grey outline or something and it'll transform it tenfold.

The photographs are nice, the site doesnt work.

Maybe thats more helpful than 100 x No :)

lol much more helpful! cheers for your input, im receiving really mixed views about this site. Its very interesting.

I did do some research (on a previous reply) and came up with the conclusion not to go with a purely image based site. There are other sited that do it, but i find (as its not artist photography) they get boring. As it is now, it does kinda work, in the way that you want more. Incites interest but doesn't bore the viewer with the same sort of images. (but that could just be me and my short attention span haha)

Also, with regards to the ecological bandwagon, its pumped up with a powerful hand pump ;) (does the bike tyres faster than any electric pump!)

again cheers for your advice!