GlynnP

The Design Thread

563 posts in this topic

Hey just thought would be good as there are a few good designers on the forum and people that are interested in learning to make a thread.

Saves out on all the Photoshop help needed and Designer needed threads.

So post up all your designs including

Photoshop Work

Illustrator Work

Web Design

Graphic Design

Any thing you feel is Design work.

Heres one i am working on at the moment finding hard to think of background ideas for the women so the brown and blue in temporary.

Any Ideas?

post-5650-1196334794_thumb.png

Edited by RealRiding

can we post up designs from pro desktop?

alright then

Max

post-5340-1196335981_thumb.jpgpost-5340-1196335994_thumb.jpgpost-5340-1196336005_thumb.jpg

post-5340-1196335836_thumb.jpgpost-5340-1196335845_thumb.jpg

not max

post-5340-1196335851_thumb.jpgpost-5340-1196335860_thumb.jpg

can we post up designs from pro desktop?

Hey yeah if you want i am not setting any rules for the thread jusyt think would be a good way for people to get advise on how improve and keep it all within one thread.

poopipe awsome 3D work have done a bit at college but wasn't very good like to stick to 2D work

When you said MAX do you mean was made in 3D Studio Max used both MAX and Maya at college found max slightly easier but still alot harder than 2D :P

yup, 3ds max- don't get on with Maya. I used mudbox for sculpting the normal map on the bloke in suspenders.

3d is definitely harder than 2d - you have to make the bits you can't see.

Poop, is there any reason why the bloke is wearing suspenders an has a massive wang? Is it just some perverted fantasy or a model of yourself?

Poop, is there any reason why the bloke is wearing suspenders an has a massive wang? Is it just some perverted fantasy or a model of yourself?

both actually - its a slightly more than half finished entry to a character modelling competition called "your dark side".

my wang really is that big I just don't have the 4 extra arms

I would like to know the purpose of this insecty suspendery wang guy...

*pic*

oi oi thats my women! :P

Nice work mate, i'll show her later!

both actually - its a slightly more than half finished entry to a character modelling competition called "your dark side".

my wang really is that big I just don't have the 4 extra arms

But you wish you had the extra 4 arms to play with your swollen member, I like your thinking.

Thought would see how long it would take you to notice rob :P

Some stuff for our Young Enterprise company. Need work but it's a start:

Website/Myspace header- this has since been redone to the blue background orange highlights theme of the disk art but i can't be arsed to upload it.

headerarrows.jpg

Disk Art

disk-art.gif

Edited by rad2themax

First time I have used solidworks, what do you think?

Also how do you make a bent pipe? I tried doing a revolve around a spline which didn't work at all.

Framesetrender.jpg

First time I have used solidworks, what do you think?

Also how do you make a bent pipe? I tried doing a revolve around a spline which didn't work at all.

Framesetrender.jpg

I'd like to see you get a driveside crank on that without it chewing the yoke :P But if that's genuinly your first time on solidworks that's a real good effort! Guessing you've done solid modeling before?

Bent pipes you should be able to do with sweeps and appropriate profiles/guide curves (Y) also means you can do square to round or round to oval and all that.

Did you use photoworks to render that? Or is it straight out of solidworks. Looks quite "real"...

I'd like to see you get a driveside crank on that without it chewing the yoke :P But if that's genuinly your first time on solidworks that's a real good effort! Guessing you've done solid modeling before?

Bent pipes you should be able to do with sweeps and appropriate profiles/guide curves (Y) also means you can do square to round or round to oval and all that.

Did you use photoworks to render that? Or is it straight out of solidworks. Looks quite "real"...

Ha is just right width stays for my cranks, should have 10 mm clearance. Yeah I used photoworks to do a quick render, could do with some textures on the tubing though.

Could you point me in the direction of a tutorial for the bent pipes? I can't seem to find any.

And yes I first thing I have done on solidworks, but have used proD in the past.

tswallpaper3cy2.jpg

Wallpaper for y'all, promoting my event / record label :)

*CLICK THE TOP TO MAKE IT FULL SIZE*

Edited by MadManMike

one of our vid intros

gallery_1290_1779_41065.jpg

somthing i never finished...

gallery_1290_1779_141575.jpg

a friends portrait with a twist

gallery_1290_1779_108052.jpg

seen something similar so played around..

gallery_1290_1779_7537.gif

Like the wallpaper what did you make it with Mike?

Only little thing i dont know but to me the sidehop eof the deck where its got the writing the writing looks slightly out of presective might just be me.

DrEvil270183 is that women done is illustrator using the mesh tool?

if so got any advise for using that tool have tried a few things but am rubbish with it

cheers

no mesh tools from me, keep meaning to find tutorials to use them but haven't had chance.

illustrator using pen tool to build up layers of colour.

ahh ok then cool i am the same keep meaning to learn the mesh tool but never have time.

Can someone put up a link of a program that i can easily download for cad drawing please?

Project from College, had to design four stamps to show cultural diversity in United Kingdom

The bottom one was supposed to be a presentation pack but only had like an hour to do it

post-1481-1196622098_thumb.jpg

Another project to design a poster and other things for an art exhibiton at College (was chosen to be used)

post-1481-1196622668_thumb.jpg

Random poster for someone

post-1481-1196622470_thumb.jpg

Can someone put up a link of a program that i can easily download for cad drawing please?

2D or 3D?

Where do i get a good designing program ?????

links :)