The Design Thread

GlynnP

Haha, It wasnt meant in that way, but he seems to post up on absoltutley everything, when he only ever seems to know the very basics that anyone with 10 minutes spare an google could get ino on an post. To be brutally honest, seems a cock.

Snyway, Lets not turn this into a slagging iCharlie (again) or whatever he wants to be called :)

it can be, want to do my paperwork?

(not meant in a snobby way, but thats kinda the point of the bauhaus, that was revolutionary to be using pre-cast cheap concrete slabs etc, mixing with steel/glass.. hadn't been done before and shows how economical the method was by the fact its now so common you think of it in the like of offices :P)

Also because of the nazi's splitting up the school forcing a lot of the tutors/pupils to flea abroad meant a lot of the teachings/theoris traveled abroad as well!

Edited by br3n

(not meant in a snobby way, but thats kinda the point of the bauhaus, that was revolutionary to be using pre-cast cheap concrete slabs etc, mixing with steel/glass.. hadn't been done before and shows how economical the method was by the fact its now so common you think of it in the like of offices :P)

Also because of the nazi's splitting up the school forcing a lot of the tutors/pupils to flea abroad meant a lot of the teachings/theoris traveled abroad as well!

Ah, that makes sense!

I guess you all heard about that hotel in Germany? Can't remember what it's called now, but is basically one room up on stilts, covered in adverts... pretty odd. I saw it on Yahoo a while back...

Wow Bauhaus, I've never heard of that!

[/sarcasm]

Well sorry Jon, How the hell was I to know if you knew about Bauhaus.

The reason why I got crappy images is because I had my girlfriend coming to the door and had to quickly post.

Haha, It wasnt meant in that way, but he seems to post up on absoltutley everything, when he only ever seems to know the very basics that anyone with 10 minutes spare an google could get ino on an post. To be brutally honest, seems a cock.

I'm a cock because i was busy? Right. Ok.

not to mention those pics aren't exactly the peak of his work

Well how about you posting the 'peak of his work' then. That is the main bauhaus building. And is also a design school. so yeah. That is the peak. who is 'he' Bauhaus is a style, not a person.

Bauhaus is the common term for the Staatliches Bauhaus (help·info), a school in Germany that combined crafts and the fine arts, and for the approach to design that it publicized and taught. It operated from 1919 to 1933. The Bauhaus school was founded by Walter Gropius. The name Bauhaus stems from the German words for "to build" and "house." Ironically, despite its name and the fact its founder was an architect, the Bauhaus did not have an architecture department for the first several years of its existence. Bauhaus style became one of the most influential currents in Modernist architecture and modern design. From Wikipedia

ansicht_gross_8.jpg

ansicht_gross_2.jpg

Edited by iCharlie

Well sorry Jon, How the hell was I to know if you knew about Bauhaus.

The reason why I got crappy images is because I had my girlfriend coming to the door and had to quickly post.

I'm a cock because i was busy? Right. Ok.

Well how about you posting the 'peak of his work' then. That is the main bauhaus building. And is also a design school. so yeah. That is the peak.

By "The peak of his work" I assume he meant the best designs, which that building is not.

You're a cock because you come on here, it seems, with the sole intention of annoying people. You seemed alright on MSN that time I spoke to you, but now I think you're a cock.

Every thread you post in gets ruined or a flame war erupts, like this.

Now please, don't get this thread closed - it's interesting.

The houses are actually origianlly designed to be for workers from 'Crittle' they make the windows (found on the bauhaus). I know that they are intended for this in the UK. I'm not sure about oversea's

Also, of course zaha hadid, my favourite is in cincinati..

There was a really, really cool exhibit in the Design Museum called "How We Live" that featured some of Zaha Hadid's work, the designs, artwork and all that jazz - properly amazing. It had loads of really good original drawings and models from a bunch of architects to, was really amazing. Zaha Hadid's abstract paintings to show her designs for buildings were just... amazing. You'd be looking at these crazy swirls of colours and lines and not be able to understand what was going on, then you'd spot a fixture or a type of joint, and it'd be like "f**k, there it is!" and it'd all suddenly click. Really next-level thinking and design.

By "The peak of his work" I assume he meant the best designs, which that building is not.

You're a cock because you come on here, it seems, with the sole intention of annoying people. You seemed alright on MSN that time I spoke to you, but now I think you're a cock.

Every thread you post in gets ruined or a flame war erupts, like this.

Now please, don't get this thread closed - it's interesting.

Please tell me what you feel that I have posted that is intentionally annoying people. Im curious. The thing is. i'm not trying to annoy people. I love design. Why would i want it closed. The people getting this topic closed is not me. I am actually posting constructive things into the topic. your telling me what to do/not to do. Calling me a 'Cock' is classed as flaming so i think thats a bit of a contradiction :giggle:

Please tell me what you feel that I have posted that is intentionally annoying people. Im curious. The thing is. i'm not trying to annoy people. I love design. Why would i want it closed. The people getting this topic closed is not me. I am actually posting constructive things into the topic. your telling me what to do/not to do. Calling me a 'Cock' is classed as flaming so i think thats a bit of a contradiction :giggle:

Just ask your fan club, there's plenty of people that don't like you on here. I'm sure they all have reasons too...

Now, I'm not going to reply to you again, because frankly I can't be bothered to argue.

didn't actually mean the best designs I read the name as someone else lol but then I don't claim to know anything about graphic design other than I can draw fairly well and i'm fairly confident with the arcitectural side of cad

Anyway i don't really like the bauhaus movement at all it's very nazi style all industrial and cold I certainatly wouldn't want to live in a bauhaus styled house.

You definatly don't need to tell me what where the word comes from lol i can speak enough german to get by infact i'm planning on going to live with my aunt in wurzburg next summer for a few months

Just ask your fan club, there's plenty of people that don't like you on here. I'm sure they all have reasons too...

Now, I'm not going to reply to you again, because frankly I can't be bothered to argue.

Its a forum. Why would I care who ever dislikes me.

Dont reply again. I think that will be best for everyone.

Its a forum. Why would I care who ever dislikes me.

Companies and universities are actively looking at people's online presence to decide whether they accept their applications or not. People have been refused from Oxbridge already for stuff they've done on Facebook, and it happens with the world of work too.

Forums are great places to get a shitload of constructive criticism before you advertise your work. If your site looks shit, it's better for it to look shit in front of 25 anonymous people rather than in front of the client.

Forums are a great place to learn a lot more about every aspect of your life, pretty much.

Forums are also a great place to get support and help (when you need it) for many aspects of your life.

Networking is a crucial aspect of your life if you're going to get into design or media jobs, as it's all about who you know. Instead of f**king people off, getting to know people and develop connections with people from an early age is a great idea.

Companies and universities are actively looking at people's online presence to decide whether they accept their applications or not. People have been refused from Oxbridge already for stuff they've done on Facebook, and it happens with the world of work too.

Forums are great places to get a shitload of constructive criticism before you advertise your work. If your site looks shit, it's better for it to look shit in front of 25 anonymous people rather than in front of the client.

Forums are a great place to learn a lot more about every aspect of your life, pretty much.

Forums are also a great place to get support and help (when you need it) for many aspects of your life.

Networking is a crucial aspect of your life if you're going to get into design or media jobs, as it's all about who you know. Instead of f**king people off, getting to know people and develop connections with people from an early age is a great idea.

You're wasting your breath Mark, give it a month or less and he'll join MrMonkey and the other people that can't interact :)