Clickmemedia

Charlie Jennings

what mac do you use?

My primary mac is an iMac G5. 1.8Ghz 1GB Ram. running Tiger.

is under construction secret code for 'poor'?

So tell me why you think it is poor. I asked for feedback not for my site to be ripped into. this is excactly what i expected from this forum.

Edited by cjskate

Ok i use a Mac some times to design but i dont insist on putting designed on a mac on everything i do.

What is it with people doing that, you never see people writing built on a PC on the bottom.

Is it to make you look cool look at me i have a mac sorry just seams sad to me like people that start smoking to look cool.

Sorry rant over

Site looks okish i guess the colours are ok but the site has no real structure and is just 1 page with everything cramed onto it.

Ok i use a Mac some times to design but i dont insist on putting designed on a mac on everything i do.

What is it with people doing that, you never see people writing built on a PC on the bottom.

Is it to make you look cool look at me i have a mac sorry just seams sad to me like people that start smoking to look cool.

Sorry rant over

Site looks okish i guess the colours are ok but the site has no real structure and is just 1 page with everything cramed onto it.

I thought it was a good idea. I've seen quite a few sites with made on a mac on. but, I suppose its a bit gay. :)

Its a onepagefolio :P

If it was mine... I'd get rid of the last.fm thing and the made on a mac logo. Both look unprofessional. I'd do my best to replace all text you've made into images using real text and a standard font - I don't feel using that font adds much to the page that can't be done with CSS.. I'd get rid of the fade on the sides on the page (leave top and bottom) - at the moment it reminds me of someones first attempt at a button in photoshop. And aqua.. that reminds me of MS Paint for some reason, I'd change that too (at least to the same blue you use in your logo). Thats what I'd do anyway, prob best to ignore as I'm shite at design..

If it was mine... I'd get rid of the last.fm thing and the made on a mac logo. Both look unprofessional. I'd do my best to replace all text you've made into images using real text and a standard font - I don't feel using that font adds much to the page that can't be done with CSS.. I'd get rid of the fade on the sides on the page (leave top and bottom) - at the moment it reminds me of someones first attempt at a button in photoshop. And aqua.. that reminds me of MS Paint for some reason, I'd change that too (at least to the same blue you use in your logo). Thats what I'd do anyway, prob best to ignore as I'm shite at design..

Well yeah. I'm getting rid of them two at the bottom. I was literally seeing how they looked. Im not changing the design. I think its alrite. Plus. Why would i change the header to plain text?

And i've sent you messages.

Well yeah. I'm getting rid of them two at the bottom. I was literally seeing how they looked. Im not changing the design. I think its alrite. Plus. Why would i change the header to plain text?

And i've sent you messages.

You sent me about 10 identical messages, your demanding and impolite and on top of that appear to piss off many more people than just me, hence I'm not going to do you any favours.

Unless you're going to put a lot of time into a logo then I don't see the point. Downloading a font off dafont.com, typing out your site name and saving it as a jpeg is a bit pointless in my opinion, you may as well just do it in CSS. Other reasons... hmm... site accessibility (which covers shedloads of reasons in itself), search engine rankings, page loading times..

Get rid of the crap at the bottom - last.fm and "Built on a Mac" - Why exactly would you have that anyway? Does anyone care?

Also, separate stuff into pages, not one long MS Word style page.

If you do design, this site doesn't show off your talent - In fact, it says the opposite to me.

Light blue text is also gash, very annoying to read and hurts the eyes.

Hate to be critical, but you did ask for comments!

To sum it up:

Your actual design work, like the mafia piece and your photography is good. Your site needs much improvement to show off your work.

Sites not too bad

Sounds un-proffesional though, especially the ' What do you plan on doing with your future?'

Also the skills and interest bit is abit randomly layed out, like mixing between totally different things

Not keen on the layout for the photography or graphics thumbnails either

Not too bad. But the striped background looks like a granny sailors wallpaper, and the content section looks like one big button.

The first screen people see before scrolling down is very blank and just has text which doesn't show off design at all.

'Hello all, this is my funky website' makes it sound like your about 5 years old.

Do more graphics pieces before making a portfolio about it. Two pieces just seems amateurish.

Take a wider variety of photos, the photos on their look like they could almost all have been taken on one day out. Read up on photography and study photos as much as possible to. Try and develop more creative angles and use more interesting subjects in general. Some of those photos could have been family snap shots.

Theres a big space below the 'Graphics' header but not below the 'Photography' one. Little things like that are what ruins the flow of a website.

As said get rid of the crap at the bottom.

The big watermarks on your photos aren't really necessary. Go for a similair style but in one of the corners, no ofence but if someone was going to steal photos they could steal photos from alot better photographers.

Try not to post a website if it's still under construction. Someone going their now won't be impressed enoug to bother going back.

It's just a touch too wide for my screen. What size did you design for and did you take into account scroll bars taking up space etc?

The name seems very unoriginal and unproffesional.

Just my 2p :)

Wasn't you like stalking Jon M? Ringing him up, texting him, sending him messages and so on? Wasn't his site called ClickDeath? Wasn't his home page just a one page portfolio? Wasn't his site started by questions about himself?

Cute. :giggle:

(been waiting so long to use the new smiley. :D )

Quick tip, don't piss off tomturd, you don't want to see him mad.

That site is poor to be honest, it just looks amateur at best. the layout looks completely random, like you've though, what can I use to fill that space.

Did you write the html for it?

EDIT: Have a look at my site if you want, I had a brief to start off with so I could draw up a load of designs pretty easily. www.sportsweeks.net

Oh, and the mafia thing? It's been done.

http://www.themafiaboss.com/

Edited by El Muelio

Wasn't you like stalking Jon M? Ringing him up, texting him, sending him messages and so on? Wasn't his site called ClickDeath? Wasn't his home page just a one page portfolio? Wasn't his site started by questions about himself?

Thank you. Didn't my site have an (oh so original) striped background. Wasn't one of the colour schemes on my site blue? Didn't my logo also say "Design & Photography". I know they're quite common things to use but as if the fact you were IMing me on 3 different services and then texting me after I blocked you wasnt enough you then go and completely try and imitate my style, name, logo, colour scheme, and pretty much everything to do with my old site. I can't f**king believe it. Just f**k off and die, please.

The internet is f**king huge, go and get some god damn f**king inspiration and stop trying to be me you little f**king fanny.

I'm f**king fuming, incase you haven't guessed.

You're a little shit. f**k off.

Oh and incase you were wondering if you follow THIS LINK http://onepagefolios.com/redirect.php?folio_id=1416 it takes you to my website. How amusing that the website that MY SITE is listed on, you note as one of your favourite websites. You're a dickhead.

Yeah this post is probably out of line but I'm f**king sick to death of this little shit bag trying to be me.

GET THE f**k OUT OF MY LIFE.

EDIT:

Anyone remember when I had a huge watermark on my images on my photograph portfolio.

Surprise surprise... who else has them.

I know some of this stuff can be written off as coincidental but it's f**king not. It's some stupid f**king willy of a kid trying to be me.

Edited by JonMack

Am I the only one who's kinda disturbed by this pic...

n587092052_308366_808.jpg

That looks as unnatural and wierd as I've seen in a posed shot... and what is that kid looking at/doing?! To be completely honest with regards the site, if you're planning making a go at charging people to design their site, take that down or completely redo it. And that stupid 'made on a cac' thing is still there...

Sorry for being so negative but there you go. I like sky blue when used well though... but not striped like a Jean Paul Gaultier tshirt ;)

mac.jpg

This actually makes me feel sick.

Do what danny said. Learn XHTML and CSS and then you'll have the privilage to be called a n00b.

Now you're you're just retard.

Grow up nick.

I dont do code. my friend does all that crap :S. I know it works :). I'm changing the whole thing over to joomla soon :)

I'm very busy at the moment.

Am I the only one who's kinda disturbed by this pic...

n587092052_308366_808.jpg

That looks as unnatural and wierd as I've seen in a posed shot... and what is that kid looking at/doing?! To be completely honest with regards the site, if you're planning making a go at charging people to design their site, take that down or completely redo it. And that stupid 'made on a cac' thing is still there...

Sorry for being so negative but there you go. I like sky blue when used well though... but not striped like a Jean Paul Gaultier tshirt ;)

No your not the only one who needs to grow up...

Believe it or not. that is not a posed shot. Its an effect me and my dad do, having the sky bleached white.

Thank you. Didn't my site have an (oh so original) striped background. Wasn't one of the colour schemes on my site blue? Didn't my logo also say "Design & Photography". I know they're quite common things to use but as if the fact you were IMing me on 3 different services and then texting me after I blocked you wasnt enough you then go and completely try and imitate my style, name, logo, colour scheme, and pretty much everything to do with my old site. I can't f**king believe it. Just f**k off and die, please.

The internet is f**king huge, go and get some god damn f**king inspiration and stop trying to be me you little f**king fanny.

I'm f**king fuming, incase you haven't guessed.

You're a little shit. f**k off.

Oh and incase you were wondering if you follow THIS LINK http://onepagefolios.com/redirect.php?folio_id=1416 it takes you to my website. How amusing that the website that MY SITE is listed on, you note as one of your favourite websites. You're a dickhead.

Yeah this post is probably out of line but I'm f**king sick to death of this little shit bag trying to be me.

GET THE f**k OUT OF MY LIFE.

EDIT:

Anyone remember when I had a huge watermark on my images on my photograph portfolio.

I know some of this stuff can be written off as coincidental but it's f**king not. It's some stupid f**king willy of a kid trying to be me.

Why have i copied you?

Im not trying to be you. I have taken inspiration from a few sites. yes. but yours is not one of them.

I swear you told me to leave you alone. you've seen this ages ago. why comment now? All you do is bring me down lower than you just because I am younger. This is a project my colleague and I have been pursuing for a long while.

Also: Jon, Swearing doesn't make you look big.

I wasn't aware of 'ClickDeath'

www.onepagefolios.com Well he's not the only one.

I sent him 1 text. he was going on about how he was the best at code and sent me a little code. Then he blocked me I used the code and it didnt work. i sent him a message to say it didnt work.

Why does everyone bother with all this coding business anyway. If i can see the page working. why does it matter?

EDIT:

Sorry Jon. What photographer doesn't watermark there photo's

ALSO: I've never seen your clickdeath site. :S

Edited by cjskate