Bike Theives And Pikey Scum

!!()`/D

Mark a knife is useless against a cosh ten knifes is a different story though it takes a small swipe to break an arm 2 or 3 people are no problem with a cosh regardless of there size.

The best weapon against a big group is pepper spray. spray and run. The best option is to avoid a fight as best as you can. Most fights in the uk last under 2 seconds.

any martial artist will with stand a punch to the diaphram it's actually really easy you learn it from day one it's all in the shout. when you hear someone shouting Haaa in a fight thats usually what there doing.

We used to get smacked around the Abs with a bokken as part of our training. you might not need it in every fight but it's great for showing off.

Your saying that there pikey scum and your all talking like some sort of gangsters....lets face it.... we ride trials..... were not cool.... were not gangsters, and hopefully were not the type of people that go round trying to start fights. I mean dont get me wrong im not a pussy, but the best thing to do is be quiet, try to assess the situation, if anything happens try to get to a crowed area as quickly and possible.... if a fight is imminent its your decision what you want to do

- If you hand over your bike early you save your face

- you try to fight but fail then they will beat the total shit out of you for having the face to start something

- You win.... gain nothing... and still have your bike....

So moral of the story is be nice, if you feel threatened ride in groups, (i dont really live in the nicest area) and just build up a rep as a sound guy and you wont have any problems :)

This is pathetic...

Why are some people sat on computers saying how badly we'd kill anyone who tried to nick there bike ?

"Well i've got this"--- "And ive got that"---"I've got a golf ball up my ass"---"And i've got a gun in my saddle"---"I'm a kgb agent"---I've got a bomb inside my tyres"---"I've got blah blah blah blah......

We all know if someone wanted your bike, they'd get it ! (MOST of you that is !)

The best thing is that The Scientist pops toilets up peoples ass's !

"I'mma pop a crappa' in yo' ass foooo'"

Jarrod

there is not much you can do, if its dark in plymouth your best bet is to go home asap really,

My friend adam had his camra nicked in front of use, so we said WTF give it back!

they were massive lol and then tryed to start on us, and they walked away with a 200-400 camra.

also the other day(it was dark) just walking up in the city center a chav smacks my friend in the back of the head broke his helmet and tryed to grab his bike of him

luckly they were pissed so they got board.....

This is pathetic...

Why are some people sat on computers saying how badly we'd kill anyone who tried to nick there bike ?

"Well i've got this"--- "And ive got that"---"I've got a golf ball up my ass"---"And i've got a gun in my saddle"---"I'm a kgb agent"---I've got a bomb inside my tyres"---"I've got blah blah blah blah......

We all know if someone wanted your bike, they'd get it ! (MOST of you that is !)

The best thing is that The Scientist pops toilets up peoples ass's !

"I'mma pop a crappa' in yo' ass foooo'"

Jarrod

Dude..How can you say that ? Some people's bike's mean so much to them. Im not trying to sound hard here but no matter the size of the guy or what there carrying. If they wanna' try and get my bike off me then they can try. But i would get slashed and battered before actually handing/letting them have the bike. I've put too much hard work and money into my bikes that it means too much to me to just "Hand it over" to a bunch of lads who can fight in groups and not in a one on one situation.

Stoke-on-Trent isn't the most pleasent of area. There's some hard guys, but f**k em'. If there wanting my bike, there gonna' have do more than break my nose and slash me a few times before they get it.

Meh you probably wont believe me but oh well ey.

Danny.

Well if you cant fight then you need a tool. either way, you need to prepare yourself for any kinda pikey confrontation weather they want your bike or your mobile phone. question is...do you want it no holds barred fighting on your back, or begging for your life on your knees. if this was a poll, 90% of members here wouldnt be saying the later (unless there is 4 of them against 1 of you). get a tool until your able to handle yourself either through martial arts, boxing, spanner bashing :lol:

I used to find that the best way to avoid getting your bike robbed espacially if your on your own is just to move on as soon as you see a group of them. If you do find yourself in a situation where your cornerd and they say give me your bike just say ok dont hurt me step off your bike but keep a very tight grip of the bars with one hand then smash the closest one in the face with your helmet. Make sure you act like your actually going to give it to them and they wont realise your taking it off to hit them. Also if you swing it by the strap it hurts alot (imagine two snooker balls in a sock) no matter how hard they are they wont risk another to their face and will run off.

Hope this helps someone one day

Also if you dont wear a helmet get one not only do they protect your head but they make good self defense weapons. I recommend a tsg lid.

Def the wisest options...

Move on, avoid confrontation especially if they are a group, else, either use the bike to ram your way through, or offe the bike and get it back by generating a crash like grabing the rear wheel or turning the bars... the helmet thingy is excellent.

Using the bike in a swing worked for me (for insistant chavs as well as dogs)

Move on, avoid confrontation especially if they are a group, else, either use the bike to ram your way through, or offe the bike and get it back by generating a crash like grabing the rear wheel or turning the bars... the helmet thingy is excellent.

WOW thanks for using what i said as a quote i used to ride on my own alot and this advice is the only thing that ever stopped me getting my bike robbed. As some of you may already know im starting riding again after crimbo and getting a GU typhoon 26" and ill be putting this advice into practice again and hopefully not getting this one robbed.

P.S. hope someone sees this and validates me LOL.

Hmm, that bike swinging idea reminds me of that of an american programme i used to watch (from the producers of Baywatch i think) where police mtb officers are taking out criminals with their unique martial arts bike skills. i think Hans Rey was doing most of the bike stunts.

If there is a few of them... whap your wang out and say come any closer and ill start spraying.... No one wants piss on them to be fair. This could also get your name on the sex ofenders list.

Or do a big bad "D Watson" and go find the badgers that stoll your bike and smack them with a baseball bat?

One that works well is being sympathetic.

If you make them feel bad about what they are doing and they can really see the situation they have put you in, then they usually back off.

But this depends on who it is coming from, if it is from a group of kids/teens then yea, but big blokes in their 20's, probably not.

If worst comes to worst, then I'll at least put up a fight before handing over my bike.

If your gonna hit somebody, hit them hard.

Yeah, most people that do that kind of thing don't have emotions - that wouldn't work at all.

They'd more than likely just laugh at you for being a pussy and hit you.

The best thing really is to keep your wits about you, move on if people like that come towards you and don't go anywhere they could easily corner you.

They'd more than likely just laugh at you for being a pussy and hit you.

I've done this kind of thing before to people who have been arses and threatened to assault me.

Or maybe another way of putting it is almost like giving into it, like if they say they are going to steal your bike and beat you up, just say "Okay, if you like."

Just putting them in the wrong.

When someone tried to steal my bike off me i let them but then chased after them when they started to peddle off as i can run alot faster than my bike and pulled them off head first and then got back on and rode off and they where to shocked to do anything. they can be pretty stupid.

Edited by weeeee

Where i live i never get people chasing me for my bike etc there too many of us riding or there are too many people around, i have never been threatened for .......... anything.

well people are never gonna chase us with a solid guy like you tom with us are they lol. naa we in jersey never seem to get thretend

JSY Matt