Which Dirt Jump Bike Should I Get?

*PHIL*

Im gonna be getting a new bike soon and have these 3 to choose from... kinda... or any others you can recommend for the same ~500 quid.

24seven Slacker SS

Specialized P1

Identiti P-45 Comp

So which is best

and more importantly, which would be best for the occasional trialsy ride thing?

please no one say, theyre all crap, go but a real trials bike, im not getting another trials bike.

phil

The P1 is decent! it's good quality and it has got disc brakes.. you definitely want disc brakes when you ride long muddy trails!

or else, build up a nice light bike with a NS bikes Suburban frame.. it's really good for dj and bunny hopping - but it will cost way more than 500£

But don't beleave any of these bikes will be ok for trials.. the bb is too low for trials, the stem is too short, ect. I don't think there exist such a allround bike.

i personaly would go for either the slacker or the identity , the reason i would stray away from the p1 is because specailised jump frames tend to be heavy and also the components on the identit are alot stronger than on any of the outheres because it is stocked with halo and other parts .

I'd say the P1 from your above choices, but lawnmowerman's dmr is rather sexy, the only thing that would rule them all out for trials is their gearing. DJ gear ratios are no good for trials, the acceleration is too slow and generally difficult, if you can put gears on it then it should be ok.

i personaly would go for either the slacker or the identity , the reason i would stray away from the p1 is because specailised jump frames tend to be heavy and also the components on the identit are alot stronger than on any of the outheres because it is stocked with halo and other parts .

how you could say the identiti is lighter than a p45 i dont know, p45s have to be the heaviest uglyest frames ive seen in my life.

go for the P1

Im gonna be getting a new bike soon and have these 3 to choose from... kinda... or any others you can recommend for the same ~500 quid.

24seven Slacker SS

Specialized P1

Identiti P-45 Comp

So which is best

and more importantly, which would be best for the occasional trialsy ride thing?

please no one say, theyre all crap, go but a real trials bike, im not getting another trials bike.

phil

Personally id get the DMR Transition 26 or 24in. or that mongoose bike that Chris Akrigg uses.