P***ed Off !

ok so my freewheel broke the other day on my bike so i took it to the bike shop cyclist discount centre stoke on trent they said they would fit a ACS claw for 20 pound so today i went in to pick it up only to find that 5 minutes of riding the pawls inside had rounded off i took it back to them they "oh sorry mate we fitted a cheap shit dicta freewheel because we didnt have any ACS claws in stock" so now im having to pay for a 18 tooth 60 click tensile freewheel which is costing an extra 32 pound (discounted from 40 <_< ) the way i see it it should be 20 pound knocked off so what im going to do is say "no im not paying 40 pound when i had to pay 20 pound for an 8 pound part ! so i want you to take the tensile freewheel off and refund me the 20 pound for the other freewheel that broke in 5 mins !" and im going to buy a brand new tensile freewheel (35 pound) and fit it myself

just thought i'd share that with you

by the way sorry i have to put pound because my keyboard doesnt have a pound sign

Take the dicta back ask for refund buy your freewheel somewere else fit it yourself not hard at all if they take the dicta off for you u just have to screw ur tensile on , but were i work if we havent got a part we ring the custormer and say we could fit a cheaper not so good part or you could wait for the acs to get here :D

I was with him at the time..

the thing that pissed us off is that, the guy made dave pay thinking he had bought an ACS claw.!

Right.?

the only reason they told us is because he broke it straight out of the shop.

didnt even ride it properly.. he couldnt.

The guy that served us was kinda retarded aswell to be honest..

gahh people! :angry:

Dan

So you were charged £20 for the £8 freewheel? I'd definately be going back and getting a refund, while your at it try and explain to them that fitting such a cheap and unreliable part to a bike where the drivetrain is crucial for the survival of your face (broken freewheels usually mean semi-frontflips) was actually exceptionally dangerous, and to not tell you that they had done it whilst letting you walk out the store thinking you had a reliable freewheel was irresponsible.

Edited by Krisboats

So you were charged £20 for the £8 freewheel? I'd definately be going back and getting a refund, while your at it try and explain to them that fitting such a cheap and unreliable part to a bike where the drivetrain is crucial for the survival of your face (broken freewheels usually mean semi-frontflips) was actually exceptionally dangerous, and to not tell you that they had done it was irresponsible.

Moderator anyone. :wub:

Spot on Kris.

Danny.

Yeh I see where your coming from mate I bought a dicta cos i didnt have enough for a acs then it did the same as yours so i took it back and the offered me one that apparently had something special done to it to make it more solid, guess what, same thign happened again so after all this i took it back told them it was crap and they gave me money back a gift voucher for £5 and by that time i had enough for a tensile, has never let me down yet and I know it wont let me down because bikes going next saturday so yeh. Get a tensile its the way forward.

ps the shop i got mine from wasnt the same place you got your and my dicta was £7 so also they fitted an even cheaper part than you thought

Charlie