James Porter And Damon Watson Sign For Trials-uk For 2008

Dan@Trials-uk

You've missed the point, i'm quite sure from that the way Joe worded what he said that he actually knows the guy who runs trials UK, and was just taking the piss out of a friend.

In fact Joe seems to be best friends with every trials shop out there.

Also, the fact that Neil himself says...

...and you've got him up on your 'team' and the whole porter / selectbikes / trials-uk thing i've seen on here is enough to avoid buying from trials-uk altogether.

I'm close friends with Dan and I know for a fact him and Joe have never even met, let alone talked in any length. He's not "just taking the piss out of a friend". He's doing what he's done ever since he's become a senior and chucking snide comments about just because he can get away with it without any repremand. It's also pretty unnecessary, not to mention immature, to slag someone's work off. You don't see Dan telling Joe the way he makes a living is shit.

If he is "best friends" with every trials shop then obviously he's gunna slag off Dan's business when he's never met the guy.

Really don't know what the whole Neil thing's about, look at his videos and you'll SEE he's wearing T-UK t-shirts! Neil had a chat with Dan and decided he might like to ride for Dan's team so he sorted him out with some Ts and a few other things and Dan put him up on his site. As clear earlier in the thread, Neil's decided that he's going to stick with Select. Although it has to be said he's gone about it in a bit of a disruptive manner. :giggle:

Let's just drop this crap, there's absolutely no need for all this ruckus. As Bessel said it's been blown way out of proporsion. All Dan has done is announce that two riders have moved to his team.

I'm close friends with Dan and I know for a fact him and Joe have never even met, let alone talked in any length. He's not "just taking the piss out of a friend". He's doing what he's done ever since he's become a senior and chucking snide comments about just because he can get away with it without any repremand. It's also pretty unnecessary, not to mention immature, to slag someone's work off. You don't see Dan telling Joe the way he makes a living is shit.

Ah ok then, my mistake.

All Dan has done is announce that two riders have moved to his team.

I wouldn't say that was the case:

James asked us for support for 08, cos he feels that his ex-sponsor was not reliable enough.

If we're talking about people

chucking snide comments about

I'd probably include that in there too. Slandering rival companies seems to be pretty much the same as

You don't see Dan telling Joe the way he makes a living is shit.

in that he's shit-talking how Selectbikes go about their business, whilst apparently making it up in the process.

Enough crap already...

Congratulations to Porter/Damon, you've obviously both decided that T-UK is the way to go for you both right now.

Dan's comment (if the evidence given is correct) seems a bit out of order, and has put me off buying from him to some extent, but not fully. However, I still feel Tarty will always be my first port of call...

Ok il admit its come from the horses mouth (neil t) he does not ride 4 trials uk.but does for select...yes its strange why he is on trials uk site......

meh anyway

Dan ko.....is actually a really sound bloke to talk to.....his online store is doing verry welll.....although posting needs to be sorted but dan and i have spoken about this :)

the service he has provided me with is spot on .and i thank u alot for this dan....

to many people on this forum are way to nosey and want to point the finger at who ever they can for what ever reasons.....damon wanted change so did porter who cares why ...they still ride and i think thats what is important ....

i think some of you on this forum who do actually know me know i talk alot of sence ...and im kind /happy guy so im not being arsey ......dan has my full coustome as he has never done me wrong.....i speak to people and some say ohh il never shop at trials uk......and other say the same about tart and select....

who cares whear u get it from as long as u get it at a fair price .

so why cant ever one just stop pointing the finger get out and just .....RIDE!....

dave x

Edited by mrkoxx

Nice, i still wont buy stuff from you though.

+2

I think everyones jumping the gun here, especially Dan putting up this topic so early, you know how i feel about your company after you f**ked Jack over with the whole "We will give you a free replacement frame" *Jacks sends money and gets frame sent off* and you say its been drilled or some shit which is totally bullshit, oh well. As far as im concerned you haven't given any sponsership to James, cos he hasn't had any stuff off of you yet.... if James can get a free bike off you then happy days, why shouldn't he ride for you? But until hes decided / spoken to everyone about what hes going to do, just

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Dan

If we're talking about people

<chucking snide comments about>

I'd probably include that in there too. Slandering rival companies...

Yeah, and remember that Joe is just a random guy on a random forum. Dan is a business person trying to make money out of it, so his 'snide comments' are automatically going to scrutinised more thoroughly, especially when it looks a lot like like he's trying to take down a competitor. Even if what Porter said is true, it's below the belt as I said. If it's not true then it's malicious. This whole thing reflects quite badly on Trials-UK in my opinion, so Dan's shot himself in the foot.

It would probably be wise to realise that probably all the trials shops in the UK depend on Trials Forum for the major part of their business, and that bad press on here is likely to affect your business. Just sayin' s'all.

+2

I think everyones jumping the gun here, especially Dan putting up this topic so early, you know how i feel about your company after you f**ked Jack over with the whole "We will give you a free replacement frame" *Jacks sends money and gets frame sent off* and you say its been drilled or some shit which is totally bullshit, oh well. As far as im concerned you haven't given any sponsership to James, cos he hasn't had any stuff off of you yet.... if James can get a free bike off you then happy days, why shouldn't he ride for you? But until hes decided / spoken to everyone about what hes going to do, just

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Dan

I'm not sure where you got that information from, but I met up with James on friday Midnight to give him his new parts just hours before he travels to Barcelona.

When James spoke to us about if we was looking for any riders and I said to him yes, and I said why are you interested to join our team, and he said yes. I then asked him why he wanted to change from a perfectly good sponsor he had for many years and he told me his reasons which to me is fair enough.

So I asked him, what is your plans for 08, and what will do for the company and he mentioned that he will be entering more competition this year, as he feels thats what he's going to achieve this year, and produce more video's as recently he havnt really done alot of them.

Anyways, I have told James to clear this all up when he is back from his trip to Barcelona.

I have no grudge against any other retailers out there, and infact I have respect for them, cos end of the day they're supporting the trials world which is a good thing!

I just mentioned the reason why James made this decision.

About Jacks frame, He informed us that there was no physical contact between the down tube and obstacle and it wasnt stratched and I would be happy to replace that if that was the case, but when we got it, it was clearly not the case, and any modification will void frames warrenty (Drilling through the brake mounts and out from the other side of the chain stay tube). As I'm sure this is the same with any other manufactuers.

Edited by Dan@Trials-uk

I'm not sure where you got that information from, but I met up with James on friday Midnight to give him his new parts just hours before he travels to Barcelona.

When James spoke to us about if we was looking for any riders and I said to him yes, and I said why are you interested to join our team, and he said yes. I then asked him why he wanted to change from a perfectly good sponsor he had for many years and he told me his reasons which to me is fair enough.

So I asked him, what is your plans for 08, and what will do for the company and he mentioned that he will be entering more competition this year, as he feels thats what he's going to achieve this year, and produce more video's as recently he havnt really done alot of them.

Anyways, I have told James to clear this all up when he is back from his trip to Barcelona.

I have no grudge against any other retailers out there, and infact I have respect for them, cos end of the day they're supporting the trials world which is a good thing!

I just mentioned the reason why James made this decision.

About Jacks frame, He informed us that there was no physical contact between the down tube and obstacle and it wasnt stratched and I would be happy to replace that if that was the case, but when we got it, it was clearly not the case, and any modification will void frames warrenty (Drilling through the brake mounts and out from the other side of the chain stay tube). As I'm sure this is the same with any other manufactuers.

Dan your spot on there!

And i dont want to spark another big arguement but Trials-Uk is my first choice to buy things from.

Its not because i have anything againest tarty i think they are all legends!

Dan isnt slack in his work at all!

Joe Maher has just blown things outa porportion!

Trials-Uk is one of britains leading trials retailers!

They must be doing something right!

And Dan is one of the soundest guys i have ever met!

He even lets me round his house :P

But the things with the sponsers have nothing to do with me so i will end here!

Well i was with Porter last night, so hardly hours before he goes to Barcelona.... so over 30hours till he went to Barca but who's picking hairs eh? And im sorry if you did give him stuff i didn't know that so im sorry for that obiously.....

There was no drilling.... and its a trials bike.... course the downtube colided with obsticles..... derrr? oh well.... your not going to change my mind on this one :) still guess i got the frame cheap

Edited by Simpsonman =)

Well i was with Porter last night, so hardly hours before he goes to Barcelona.... so over 30hours till he went to Barca but who's picking hairs eh? And im sorry if you did give him stuff i didn't know that so im sorry for that obiously.....

There was no drilling.... and its a trials bike.... course the downtube colided with obsticles..... derrr? oh well.... your not going to change my mind on this one :) still guess i got the frame cheap

No problem.

I offered Jack a half price replacement for a brand new frame which he said he will get back to us about it. I assume you have now got Jack's old KO, and I am still happy to offer the halfprice replacement for that frame, so your more then welcome to contact us about this:)

I offered Jack a half price replacement for a brand new frame which he said he will get back to us about it. I assume you have now got Jack's old KO, and I am still happy to offer the halfprice replacement for that frame, so your more then welcome to contact us about this:)

*if anyone wants a new KO frame.... talk to me :P *

nice one porter and damon ! hope you guys enjoy it at trials uk :)

an simpson mayte you seem like a sound guy but the thread has nothing to do with what has happened in the past but to be fair i can understand where Dan is coming from ... like for example on a laptop, you got that little sticker that says "remove this label will void warrenty" , even though it may not have anything to do with the actual problem there may be with the laptop, you have still just void it .. see where i am going with this ..

ah well.

nice one again and good look for 08 peeps :)

Paul

like for example on a laptop, you got that little sticker that says "remove this label will void warrenty" , even though it may not have anything to do with the actual problem there may be with the laptop, you have still just void it .. see where i am going with this ..

Those things usually cover up important screw holes so if the sticker is intact it means you've not unscrewed the case and fiddled inside. Pretty sure they're never just there for the sake of it.

nice one porter and damon ! hope you guys enjoy it at trials uk :)

an simpson mayte you seem like a sound

Yea thanks man i know an hope both the riders enjoy it over at Trials UK i really do like, and i hope Dan supports them well cos i really love Porter an Bessel hahaha yea ok i get your point about the bike, but it was more the point that he said it would be replaced, blah whatever im out this thread

Hope it works out well for all those involved (Y)

I'd probably include that in there too. Slandering rival companies seems to be pretty much the same as

<random shit>

in that he's shit-talking how Selectbikes go about their business, whilst apparently making it up in the process.

How come the wheelbase on tarty says 1020mm and trials-uk says 1010? Which one is it for definate?

We actually take the time to fit forks and headset to the frames and measure the geometry, rather than just taking the manufacturers' details as gospel (Y)

HAHA Even Tarty can't help themselves now... :-