Updated** - Trialtech First Products Released

Dave@Trialtech

The shape on the squared out rims looks real good. I mean the actual rim shape itself. And it's a brushed/ raw finish i'm guessing which looks great too.

Anyhow what's the geo on the risers bars? And why did you stick them nasty looking graphics on the flat bars? Well i don't like 'em anyway.

The shape on the squared out rims looks real good. I mean the actual rim shape itself. And it's a brushed/ raw finish i'm guessing which looks great too.

Anyhow what's the geo on the risers bars? And why did you stick them nasty looking graphics on the flat bars? Well i don't like 'em anyway.

Haha, the graphics on the flat bars was done before I decided to shelve that graphic style. I quite like them, they are just a bit more 'complicated' and bold than the rest of the logos. Lesson learnt for future though :).

Yessssssssss. Mint stuff. Really like the new ½, ½ bash (hope I'm making vague sense here...). Rims with square holes look mint, mag pedals are the dogs...

On my new cycle in a few months time I'll be sporting quite a lot of this stuff... Namely - Stem, Riser bars, spacers, sprockets, bolts and grips. With uncertainty over - Bash, Rims (not uncertain, but will get when the rims the bike comes with gives up...) and ermmmmm yeah think thats it!

You have been a busy boy Dave!! Is this it or will there be more?

Unfortunately it's really hard for me to explain the geometry in relative terms, compared to what it's possible to relate to :(.

Here's a piccy of Ali C's proto bars, just give you a better idea of their 'true' shape.

Ali-Bars-Prototype.jpg

Yessssssssss. Mint stuff. Really like the new ½, ½ bash (hope I'm making vague sense here...). Rims with square holes look mint, mag pedals are the dogs...

On my new cycle in a few months time I'll be sporting quite a lot of this stuff... Namely - Stem, Riser bars, spacers, sprockets, bolts and grips. With uncertainty over - Bash, Rims (not uncertain, but will get when the rims the bike comes with gives up...) and ermmmmm yeah think thats it!

You have been a busy boy Dave!! Is this it or will there be more?

Thanks! :)

Oh I'm not finished yet, not by a long way! ;)

Unfortunately it's really hard for me to explain the geometry in relative terms, compared to what it's possible to relate to :(.

Here's a piccy of Ali C's proto bars, just give you a better idea of their 'true' shape.

Thanks! :)

Oh I'm not finished yet, not by a long way! ;)

Ummmm bit off topic but what brakes are those he's running ?

Also those parts look fantastic saw the rims in the flesh at fort william and they get my (Y)(Y) up :)

from the levers they look like formula the one brakes? uber power, same size pistons as a mono trial but with the added pad contact adjuster (Y)

am i wrong is that the stem that they used to puton the giant nrs carbon bikes?

Edited by craigjames

am i wrong is that the stem that they used to puton the giant nrs carbon bikes?

Quite possibly, can't remember where Ali got it on. He was having a short stem phase, but he's seen the light now and got a Sport forged stem on (lighter too, and he cracked the front clamp on his Giant), he knows it makes sense! ;)lol

Quite possibly, can't remember where Ali got it on. He was having a short stem phase, but he's seen the light now and got a Sport forged stem on (lighter too, and he cracked the front clamp on his Giant), he knows it makes sense! ;)lol

The trialtech stems are basher proof!! Loving the geometry on mine and super light, never thought i'd change from a try-all stem

you havn't had it that long surely?? and that ain't exactly long anyway

No need for speculation really is there? Some of the UKs top riders are using them, and I get the impression from grantham's posts hes a bit of a stem snapper and hasn't broken his...

Not starting an argument or anything, just sounds like your putting them down unnecessarily.

I love my trialtech stem.

Edit: I think its a Formula lever, it was rigged up to a Mono Trial caliper anyway. Something Adam thought up and Ali followed through on apparently!

Edited by Quackers!!

some of the stuff your making looks absolutely amazing!

not just that its the little things like the grip stops you make. their an awsome idea that no-one has really payed much attention to =]

ive got some of you pedals (caged) and have been very inpressed with them and i have now got some of your grips on the way :)

You really should make a trials frame. i know you make the inspired frames but im on about a hardcore trials bike(if you get where im coming from)

also make the 20" stem the same shape as the 26" thats purely for looks but yanno thought id give you my opion :D

i expect il be buying hell of alot more of your stuff and keep up the good work (Y)

..rob..

grips on the way :)

You really should make a trials frame.

Grips are really really nice. They are like the firmer foam on monty grips, but as chunky as halfords foam grips = best of both worlds because the monty ones are too thin, feels like your gripping the bar.

And yeah, please don't make a frame. Lol. I'm just about to get a new frame and I don't want to get it, and then have you bring out a nicer frame a couple of weeks/months later :P

No need for speculation really is there? Some of the UKs top riders are using them, and I get the impression from grantham's posts hes a bit of a stem snapper and hasn't broken his...

Not starting an argument or anything, just sounds like your putting them down unnecessarily.

Edit: I think its a Formula lever, it was rigged up to a Mono Trial caliper anyway. Something Adam thought up and Ali followed through on apparently!

its definitely a formula lever. its a "One" lever or it could be an oro k24. but i only think the one levers are avialable in gold and black.

its definitely a formula lever. its a "One" lever or it could be an oro k24. but i only think the one levers are avialable in gold and black.

There we are then, formula 'One' lever with Mono Trial caliper. Which was 'alright' by Ali's standards so its probably f**king insane.

Ali's brake wasn't what i would call good when i tried it at the DJ ride, but for some reason Ali always has trouble with front brake :S

Trialtech bars are in the country now, can't bloomin wait for mine!!!

Adam

I would deffo call the stems basher proof!

I have done some of my biggest drops with the Trialtech stem on and I have had total confidence in it.

Same with the bars, they are SUCH a nice shape, I wont be moving from these in a while. They have also lasted all my basher drops and drop gaps with ease.

PS, that front brake in the pic was a whole Formula The One brake, was the best thing ever for the first two weeks, then went shit. I thought it would work well with a mono trial caliper, but I have never had any luck with hope brakes and it was shit as well.

Thats cleared that up, so lets just comment on Dave's parts now eh? :rolleyes:

sorry, i didn't mean to come across as trying to put them down, i never said anything bad about them, im just saying that time will tell us how strong they are, and i mean more than a month or two.

But they look the dogs and i'm sure they'll perform just as well as the rest of Dave's stuff does! British engineering for the win!

Andrew