Updated** - Trialtech First Products Released

Dave@Trialtech

i even rode Thomas' - but i didn´t realise the +20 disc mount... for what reason did you make them? this would mean to change my brake , if i want to run them...

So that you can run a large rotor (so, more power) without using an adaptor (for weight saving and to avoid flex in the adaptors).

You would only need to buy a new brake/caliper if you are running a 200mm specific caliper.

i never felt the need of a rotor larger than 180... and i wouldn´t want to change to a (for me) senseless 200 rotor...

Well your one of few people. Most 26inch riders run 180 or bigger as 160 doesnt give the best preformance. Pritty much all brakes are 160 calipers unless a adaptor is used to of the biggest companies products being used at the moment being avid and hope. Adaptors produce flex giving more sponge at the leaver and less preformance so in all a great idea, and much more people will appreciate this than the amount that dont due to there brake set up so it makes sense.

Out of curiosity what brake is it you have?

Well your one of few people. Most 26inch riders run 180 or bigger as 160 doesnt give the best preformance. Pritty much all brakes are 160 calipers unless a adaptor is used to of the biggest companies products being used at the moment being avid and hope. Adaptors produce flex giving more sponge at the leaver and less preformance so in all a great idea, and much more people will appreciate this than the amount that dont due to there brake set up so it makes sense.

Out of curiosity what brake is it you have?

I´m running a Louise FR 180 (used with a Shimano-lever this brake gives a very good performance) and may change it to a hope trial someday - both are available with 180 calipers.

Edited by wimmeretz