Race Boxx De Supermance. 8,8kg.

baladi

Regarding your second point, I doubt that bike would be ridden for more than one or two trials, whereas production bikes are going to be ridden by the general public for a lot longer. Doing all that stuff to it would also mean that it'd be way more expensive to produce, even if they mechanised all of the changes he's made.

well you'd think that but when he was about to begin the final section at fort bill last year I was standing right next to him, and his bike (which was slightly less drilled at that time) and it clearly looked like it had been well used and I don't mean in the competition he'd obviously been using it on street because the chainstay was a wreck and there were several dents in the downtube. and you don't do all of that and still win a uci competiton.

he did have a spare right beside him but I presume that was more so if he broke a part he could just swap bikes.

Montys notoriously crack or snap relatively quickly compared to how much you pay for them, whereas Koxx frames don't. The Levelbosses were virtually bomb-proof. I'd rather have the option to make my own bike lighter/weaker rather than be given a really light, weak frame for an inflated price.

levelboss was strong but not the more recent frame

vinco frame snap,xtp snap,belaey snap etc

monty and koxx are both comp frame...not made to be the strongest but the lightest

Pretty stupid considering hes only saved like 350 grams on my ozonys how it was (no chopped up shit, just parts as they come).

Would be nicer with no modifications imo.

350 grams is alot. And the point behind it isnt looks but to help him to go longer in comps without getting as tired as quickly. Also remember hes restricted to tryall and koxx parts only.

i think if he removed all the swarf from the frame/hubs etc it would save even more weight :lol: :lol:

jeez it does look pretty smart, but come on, that would last no more than 10minutes, thats what i call an "inch pincher" in fact NO! its a "mm pincher" and a weight weenie

Wayne.

forgot to mention

I'l be more than happy to bet that tanks bike is lighter!

personally i think your stupid drilling that to that extent. It not trials its cheating!
drilling your leavers what did u accomplished doing that?

so at the end of the day you've just drilled a £500 frame?

You thought about drilling your spokes? that'll lose alot of weight (Y)

stupid

..rob..
Edited by Rob Brodie