Vincent Hermance - 3rd May, Back Cowm Quarry

AdamR28

their will be loads of places to camp on the glen ;) just turn up and pull onto the grass. bish bash n a bosh. sleep in the car there if you have to.

sounds like it should be a massive do, i think there is a couple of MAJOR points on this venue to respect!

1) ALWAYS clean your own litter up! no throwing it on the floor

2) HARD work went into getting this venue, dont undo it with un necessary behaviour.

3) always respect passer by's and walkers. (ok so what if they say look at these BMX's with no seats!!!!) if they dont know, speak to them and explain, alot of people have a bit of time to talk to you. you respect them, they will respect you and what you do.

i might actually try get the day off work to come up see how Vincent is.....

Wayne.

Is there a shower? lol!

Cheers Wayne, but Towler will be sad when he finds out your not going...

Is there a shower? lol!

Cheers Wayne, but Towler will be sad when he finds out your not going...

I am sure we can get someone to piss into a sieve from the top of the cliff that you could stand under, might do the job :P

That would be a no by the way :)

Adam

Should I go? I don't know whether to go or not because I'm pretty crap.

Doesn't matter how good you are, just come along to see Hermy ride!

Plus it is only like 15mins from where you live (guessing as you are from bradford area)

Adam

Should I go? I don't know whether to go or not because I'm pretty crap.

Even if you don't take your bike I'd say its worth going... you could sort of compare it to going to watch *insert best person in the world at any sport* for free!

Even if you don't take your bike I'd say its worth going... you could sort of compare it to going to watch *insert best person in the world at any sport* for free!

There isn't any point going if you don't ride, yea he is good but i wouldn't waste a whole day watching him lol few mins tops. I might be down depends if my bro goes. (Y)

There isn't any point going if you don't ride, yea he is good but i wouldn't waste a whole day watching him lol few mins tops. I might be down depends if my bro goes. (Y)

I think you will change ur mind when you see him ride.

Yer..If i go, I will pretty much be leaving my bike in the car and watching him / photographing him hahah.

Important information: Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, the venue and date of this ride has had to be changed - apologies for any inconvenience.

The new venue will be Back Cowm Quarry and the new date will be Saturday 3rd May. There have been British Rounds help at this venue before and it is jam packed with top stuff to ride. The total land area is 150 acres - more than big enough!

The location is 15 miles east and 10 miles south of Shipley Glen, and is within 7 miles of the M62 motorway.

Please note that each rider is require to pay £2 entry fee to the venue to cover maintenance and insurance.

flyer-web-2.jpg

Links to the location:

Google Maps

Flash Earth Map

As a 'bonus', there will also be a street ride on 4th May - venue to be confirmed.

See you there!

Adam

Important information: Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, the venue and date of this ride has had to be changed.

The new venue will be Back Cowm Quarry and the new date will be Saturday 3rd May.

As a 'bonus', there will also be a street ride on 4th May.

Full details will be posted later on today.

Many thanks,

Adam

(N)

Doubt ill be able to go now.

Edit: were will the street ride be Adam.

Edited by TOBY-E

Adam? do you know if they will be closing the quarry for motorbikes or offroaders or will it be open as normal with the entry fee?

Ill deffo be there ont motorbike, and ill bring the pusher aswell!

When I spoke with John this morning I got the impression it will be 'business as usual' however he did offer to cordon off some specific areas just for us.

Those who know Back Cowm - do you think this would be a good idea? I didn't think it would be worth it but certainly open to ideas (Y)

yeah cordend of areas will be a good idea,

lots of trials riders will be there so we dont want people getting flattened by crossers and kids on motorbikes i think.

also good choice of venue alot larger than shipley, ^_^

yeah cordend of areas will be a good idea,

lots of trials riders will be there so we dont want people getting flattened by crossers and kids on motorbikes i think.

That's a good point - I'll give John a shout.

I have 3 or 4 areas in mind, if anyone has suggestions please let me know (Y)

addingham moorside!!!!! if you alowed to use the grounds now

I think there are still issues with Addingham... I don't want to jeapardise the potential future use of the land for competitions. I do agree that it's an awesome venue though!

When I spoke with John this morning I got the impression it will be 'business as usual' however he did offer to cordon off some specific areas just for us.

Those who know Back Cowm - do you think this would be a good idea? I didn't think it would be worth it but certainly open to ideas (Y)

I would deffinatly get it closed off if possible, when you see some of the people that fly around there on motorbikes and quads. You would deffinatly.