Sponge

I think my ankle is hypermobile, clicks like when people click their knuckles ALL the time if i raise my foot then straighten the joint. Sometimes its proper stiff and uncomfortable and it pops really loudly instead of clicking and hurts proper bad. Never thought much of it to be honest. I think it started when i kicked a football that was coming at me fast quite loosely, hurt. :(

Ok, I've been using the Powerball for quite a while now too... i may need to use it more, and try and get into using the squeezy device.

But generally, what the heck can we do about hypermobile wrists? Everything seems to be a 'loose fit' inside. Just imagine my wrist is like your bike, and except you leave all the bolts half-tight. The bike has to put up with that MUCH more stress to try and keep everything together in place, sometimes failing.

I've heard of this before, can't remember where though.

I broke my arm quite bad not long ago, and my wrist still isn't the way it used to be. As you look down on my left arm, on the left hand side, there is a ball and socket joint, but the little lump thing everyone has got, well mine sticks out more than it used to, and looks totally different to my right arm.

I also get pain when twisting my left arm anti clockwise, and as you said, it feels like everything in my joint is clicking and crunching on. I was thinking about it just the other week and thought maybe it had something to do with a damaged cartilage (sp) or something, which caused the crunching, but I would have thought it would have repaired itself by now.

Really annoying, and part the reason I quite trials was because of my wrist.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

i know!

get one of those powerball things

i can't remember the name, but i'll find a pic

oh, i was right

pic:

powerball_orange_top_web.jpg

apparently, chiropractors say they're good for rehab of muscles when they're recovering (Y)

invest in one

Edited by Disasterboy

Get some BLUE EASE cream from your local Holland & Barrett store and use that on your wrists morning and night. that will help with the healing process. be warned this stuff provides serious penetrating heat to your joints, so wear rubber gloves before applying this stuff because you dont wanna touch your face with this stuff. have you gone to anyone whom specializes in chinese medicine? they may offer alternative treatments...doesn't hurt to try.

I have hypermobile shoulders and probably ankles too. It's a bit of a b*****d. Not much you can do really besides strengthen the muscles/tendons around the joint, which you are doing by the sounds of it. Maybe adjust your riding position/bar angles to make it easier on your wrists if possible?

I had hypermobile knees when I was about 6, doctor said i had to build up muscle around that area, so went all out on the running and football, 2 years later osgoodslaters in both knees, and incredible amounts of pain even if i just touch them. :(

I'm not sure if it's any help but after breaking my wrist a few times when I use to fall on my right one it'd hurt with shooting pain's for a good few days, I ended up having keyhole surgery to clean the whole joint up and that was meant to be all good but I still got the pains, especially when writing for periods of times and stuff, anyway I went to a local doctors and they recommended trying acupuncture so I thought I'd give it a shot, after a few session's they said they'd done all they could really and I've really felt a difference, It obviously wont help the movement in your case but it might decrease the sharp pains you have as thats what it did for me :)

Might be worth a shot (Y)

Olly.