Danny Butler In His Garden 1 Or 2 Pics

AshleyB

Fooooook you people take stuff way too seriously, Dave was only messing about and didn't mean it in the way you lot are assuming. I too was surprised someone thought this was the lad who one the tarty raffle, i'm sure it was an easy mistake to make if he is just a beginner but Dan has been around the sport for a long time and has achieved a lot, he's had great comp results and in my eyes is the best 26" rider in the UK. I've also always found the Butler family to be great people, always good fun and they run a great comp series which is affordable and well organized. Just a shame people make up their minds about people through a comment on a forum where people spend to much time talking when they could be riding! :D

well said hugh, too many knobs on here, dave was only having a joke, if people really knew him they would know that. remember in a written post its hard to tell if some one is joking, or having a laff,

you cant see their face or hear the tone in their voice,

so why jump to conclusions,

the other thing with forums in general i find is people can hide behind the computer/internet id, and say things to people that are out of order, and would never say to people's face!!

rob

Thanks for the mature, intelligent replies. Yeah I've been owned, I'm wounded.

Very impressive ranking Danny, nice one for whooping Gilles Coustellier's ass. Do you honestly think that link means you're the seventh best rider in the world? 7th richest, or 7th most dilligent for attending every round perhaps well done but look how many lower ranked riders attended as many rounds as you did, a whopping three rich people you beat fair and square.

What has my ranking got to do with anything? Am I too lowly ranked to pass comment on the highly ranked like yourself? Or were you just taking the piss out of me because I'm not as gooder rider as you? Not a very professional attitude for someone of your stature.

well said hugh, too many knobs on here, dave was only having a joke, if people really knew him they would know that. remember in a written post its hard to tell if some one is joking, or having a laff,

you cant see their face or hear the tone in their voice,

so why jump to conclusions,

the other thing with forums in general i find is people can hide behind the computer/internet id, and say things to people that are out of order, and would never say to people's face!!

rob

What difference would expression or tone of voice make to the original quote? It said what it said. Not a very funny joke? I wouldnt waste my breath saying any of this to anyones face (because I'm scared of getting beaten up :o ) just thought it was an interesting topic for a forum debate. By the way I'm not saying I don't respect Danny as a rider, but in such a minority sport there's no place for arrogance, if a rider is that good he doesn't need his dad to tell anyone how good he is, the people who care will see the results.

QUOTE (danny B @ Mar 11 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just thought you should have a look where i am in the uci top ten mens elite, mr irish whats not good about that and where are you?????? tfp :giggle:

That response has just out you across like an arrogant, big headed willy. Fact.

Yeah, you are a talented rider, and are doing well in the comp scene, but that doesn't mean a great deal to a lot of people.

If someone asked me to name a handful of decent riders, your name probably wouldn't pop up unless we were specifically talking about comps.

The comp side of things is a relatively 'underground' one, with only those on the inside really knowing/caring what's happening in general.

Just because you're a good rider doesn't mean people will have, or should have heard of you.

Being a better rider than someone doesn't make you a better person or anything like that either; what's the point in putting someone down because you can sidehop higher than them, or ride on a moist pebble with a little more finesse?

Danny, your name doesn't get used a great deal as far as I'm aware. Maybe nearer to home (at home?) it does, but from my experience, there are only a few top world riders that are talked about much. Try to think about how you act/how you word things when issues like this arise. You might disagree with some points/comments, but this sort of response doesn't help the arrogant/cocky persona that has been suggested

lol at this topic.

To be honest I have heard a few negative things about danny and his family around the comp scene which is probably where the hostility towards the butlers comes from. However theres no dening his riding ability and its a result of a lot of training and added support by his dad ( the involvement with the cousts also) and he always comes across as a sound guy away from the comp scene as does dave. And from what ive heard they do a great job organising the ymsa.

Btw is irish108 James hyland?

Edited by chrishayton

lol at this topic.

To be honest I have heard a few negative things about danny and his family around the comp scene which is probably where the hostility towards the butlers comes from. However theres no dening his riding ability and its a result of a lot of training and added support by his dad ( the involvement with the cousts also) and he always comes across as a sound guy away from the comp scene as does dave. And from what ive heard they do a great job organising the ymsa.

Btw is irish108 James hyland?

I've never been to a comp where the Butlers have been riding, but I still have a negative view of them. Once they can all get over their arrogance, I'm sure they're all very nice people. As James Hyland (Yeah Chris H, it is :)) said, the result Daniel pointed out isn't a totally true reflection of his ranking within the world.

I've done national XC races where I've come overall second, but i sure as hell know I'm not the second best XC racer in the South of England. Its just I turned up to every one and placed 4th or 5th.

As far as I can tell ,(and I'd be very interested to know the real deal with this, Butler crew), your whole lives are dedicated to trials. Daniel, do you go to university or have a job outside trials? Dave, do you have a job outside trials? if not, your whole time can be spent travelling to each comp and getting a place.

Theres no denying Danny is a good rider, but the arrogance tarnishes it.

There are far better riders with a far better attitude out there.

• 2 weeks later...

so you agree james that you don't have the balls to say this to anyone's face,

and as for tone of voice ect, of course it can make a difference,

if i was frowning looking angry with steam coming out me tabs and i called you a knob , then id mean it, if i was having a joke around and i said "what a knob" then you could tell i was joking, because you could see me, my body language, and hear the tone in my voice,

as you cant see me you wont know either way, lol

love you,

rob

I went to your garden the other day, didn't have my bike though, shame as it looked VERY good to ride, obviously evolved over time to give good training for every move, from the pics your obviously pretty handy at taming it!

Nice pics from Ash too! I hope to see more.

on anothe note, I am good friends with the butlers and I cant think of many friendlier people!

oh dear here we go again with the slating comment on the photos if you have a problem with me have it out with me to my face....end of. on a lighter note i enjoy ridin with most people its just tfp's that annoy me lol :rolleyes:

Who invented the term TFP?!

on another note, I am good friends with the butlers and I cant think of many friendlier people!

From what I've seen of them you're completely right. But being friendly and being humble are very different things. The reputation of arrogance (that the Butlers seem to have) obviously comes from somewhere, and it's not hard to see why from reading this topic.

Ah well, what would I know? I'm not as skillful on a bike as Danny - perhaps that makes me a TFP? ;)

i invented tfp's, , because the forum is full of them, at the time my main problem was because every time i posted i just got grief back about spelling and stuff, wtf has that got to do with a trial forum.

its got nothing to do with skills on a bike, as i made it im not the best trialist by a long way,

love you

rob

Who invented the term TFP?!

From what I've seen of them you're completely right. But being friendly and being humble are very different things. The reputation of arrogance (that the Butlers seem to have) obviously comes from somewhere, and it's not hard to see why from reading this topic.

Ah well, what would I know? I'm not as skillful on a bike as Danny - perhaps that makes me a TFP? ;)

Just thinkin but do you even know me because you seem to like having digs but i don't think we have ever met so what gives you the right to pass comment???

QUOTE (danny B @ Mar 26 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just thinkin but do you even know me because you seem to like having digs but i don't think we have ever met so what gives you the right to pass comment???

I'm not having a go! Read what I said again. But yes, I've met you at least a couple of times.

you say its not hard to see that my family are arrogant so there is the dig i meant, and so you have met me, when? where? i would love to know because what people don't get is i am not arrogant i just have an extremely short fuse...but that is just the way i am....apart from that most of the people that i ride with such as most of the well known riders in the country and the world 9 times out of 10 just think i am a bit off me head and a good laugh so whatever lol ...... i think that you should come make the effort ride with us and find out for yourself sometime.......... :shifty: