New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!

Smoby

Hello trials-forum,

I'm here to get advice on purchasing my first trials bike.

As it's generally the accepted norm I'll give you a little back story;

I'm 28, I've been riding bikes for years, with a small hiatus whilst my life fell to pieces. In the end it was getting back into riding that helped me get things back on track.

I started out as a mountain biker and rode some trials on my DMR trailstar bike back in the 90s. I then swapped to BMXing which took over basically all of my time right up until I had to stop riding.

When I decided to get back into bikes, around 5 years ago, I bought myself a fixed wheel. From there things got manic, I've taken up road riding, rebuilt the old mountain bike, replaced the BMX and in the last 3 years played Bike Polo a few times a week.

It's the latter which has led me back to wanting to ride trials again, basically as we use low gear ratios and the street frame I use allows me to drop the saddle to an acceptable height I've been messing around with little bits of trials recently, however, I know the bike will never be ideal.

I figure it's time to add another bike into the stable.

All help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

EmiliƩ

Hi, I'm Geoffrey

I live near Bern in Switzerland where apparently hardly anyone rides trials(atleast not urban) -.-

Since I can remember I liked trying some tricks on my bikes, mostly wheelies etc. as kids like to do :) I guess I actually kinda pissed some of my mates off because I always learnt faster than them. :lol:

I'm soon 17 now and thought I'd try and give bicycle trial a try and bought an Inspired fourplay somewhere around april 2010. I decided myself for the Inspired because I never really felt too comfortable on 26" or on 20" bikes and i must say it was a very good choice =D

Well I'm kinda addicted to trials now and am a bit depressed because I cant get any more or less good sidehops (17cm is the max... :()

Have a nice day guys ;)

hey, im new to the forum, my name is HOLES, im 26 and from swansea, south wales. I just bought my first trials bike, bagged myself a onza t-bird for Ā£50 :)

im making the move across from BMX to trials, so anyway, hello!

Hey guys, my name is Jon, I'm 17, from Southampton, and I ride a 2005 Monty 221 Ti. I used to ride in the assessed trials with Hampshire Bike Trial Club, however when my friend stopped going, I also stopped going (just turned out that way). Have decided to try and get back into it, so thought the best place to start was here :P

Edited by Jon Alty

Hi everyone

What about Russian Rider?

Living in Moscow. Started to ride in 2003, had 2 stocks and 2 MODs.

Twice champion of Russia in 2004 and 05.

Now in www.x3m-master.ru New Balance team. Also sponsored by two trials shops in Moscow.

Interests

1) Professional trials ( competitions, shows )

2) Professional Drifting ( Competitions, street drifting, shows )

3) Trampoline jumping ( For fun but with instructor )

4) Freeride (Ski)

5) Rc Drift ( Competitions, for fun )

6) Slalom ( roller blades )

7) Movie making ( Final cut Pro )

What am I doing here?

So, to be honest Im doing my Masters in International Management at Oxford Uni.

I also took my bike with me from Moscow but forget about helmet. =)

What do I think about UK's riders?

You guys are SICK !!! drop-gaps, side hops ... crazy.

You have lots of street riding events, thats why probably you are really good at street trial.

I used to ride with some good riders and really good friends ( Phil, George, Will ... )

To conclude, Hopefully i can meet other riders, and I would more than like to have some English friends to travel around UK.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Been on the forum for about 3-4 months now but never really introduced myself;

My names Sam. K, I'm 15 and have been riding trials for about two years now and love every minuite of it!

I tend to ride around the west yorkshire / humberside area and favourite spots include Hull, Leeds, Shipley Glen, Brimham Rocks and Scunthorpe.

Im currenty riding an 06 Zoo! Python and am hopefully moving to an 07 GU Typhoon if I can find one.

Biggest moves have been accoplished this year, including 5ft sidehops, 8ft static gaps (to front too) and large drop gaps as well as improving on my natural riding.

I'm enjoying the forum and will help where I can :)

Sam .K

Hi,

im new to this trial stuff, actually the whole bike stuff, im 14 ridding a yaabaa 1299 26" and i cant really do anything now just a few rocks (front/rear endo), small (really small) bunny hops and thats about it. I cant really trackstand :P since im only riding for a month and ive hardly ridden a bike before, i hope ill learn a bit ;)

interests:

> trial biking (ofcourse)

> skiing (especially powder, not so much in jump/park riding cuz of the people i know that are incapacitated cuz of it)

> volleyball

> i play soccer alot with friends, just for fun

> windsurfing (in Croatia, wave style)

> hanging out with friends (no, i dont do drugs)

nuff said...

Edited by raiden

Hi all

My names richard im 31 and live in gravesend kent, usually ride cross country at bedgebury on a matt black Trek EX8 or road on a carbon Felt but have recently fancied having a go at trials.

So off i went a bought myself an onza bird 20" 2010 from new. :unsure:

All ready changed the front brake to a hydraulic avid juicy 3 disc and a magura HS33 2011 rim for the rear, to which now the lever is busted thanks to my poo local bike shop and i now use a 2005 lever. (long story) shall post another day!!! :angry:

Anyway look forward to using the forum for some helpful hints and info.

Fit like min?

Im Aaron Maciver, come from Aberdeen and im 25 years young. I ride a stock GU Typhoon and a mod Koxx XTP. Been doing biketrials for seven years now and competing for 3. I just took part in a scottish comp the other day and placed well. Had loads of fun with like minded lad's. I've been putting off signing up to the forum for ages so thought i'd get it outta the way. peace and happy trials!

Hi my name is jordan,H im 15 years old and i live in a little village called trimsaran which is in south wales and ive been doing trials biking for 6 months now and starting to get better i started off by using an old monty 219 and trials biking alone but recently ive been meeting people in the next village that really helped me and i recentley up graded to an onza t comp 08 which was very good until i solt thursday night and now i have to wait for my zoo python i normally ride around carmarthen because trimsaran has hardly anything so if any one lives around carmarmarthen please message me and we could meet up.

WELL THATS ME

CHEERS

Hi im Ben,

I live in cirencester ive always had a trials bike since the age of 10 now 20 lol

I used to ride it all the time then stopped for a couple of years but now getting back into it as ive bought a monty 221ti frame.

I also do motorcycle trials i have a 2008 300 raga rep gasgas which i have found i transferd some skills from cycle trials to motorcycle trials

well any ways thats almost my life story

cheers guys

hello.

yup you've guessed it........I'm new as well. what a suprise but hey...

I live in dunstable bedfordshire and started riding an onza t pro ever since I saw a video of danny mackaskill!!

I also have a united recruit bmx and a spank tweet tweet. I do bmx and dirt jumping as well.

I would seriously appreciate some votes guys!! cheers..

laters all!!

lucky luke

PS, anyone has a inspired fourplay to sell, you know who to contact!

Im new in these waters,

My name is Dan but everyone knows me as cunni, Im from Doncaster and have only been riding a few months.

I went to the Doncaster ride meet on sunday and met alot of other riders (15 of us in total) Was a good ride, enjoyed myself, met Andeee and a few other local scunthorpe riders. Atmosphere was brill, the lads where a great laugh!

Hopefully I will be around alot more when I manage to become a full memeber :)

Chow for now! :)

hi there

not a real trial man but, I have practiced when I was youn ;)

SUNN mountain bike's fan, a few months ago I found a bike from the brand dedicated to trial called " sunn xcircuit trial " with short size, short stays and reinforcement on the thread.

don't know if someone remember this machine, inspired by thierry girard's one, mtb trial world champion in the middle of 90's.

I try to rebuilt it, and I was trying to find a pair of 521 ceramic in 36 holes when I found a post on the forum, someone was searching for the same a few years ago.

don't know if I would be able to help you, but if you could help me I would be thankfull.

best regards

seb

What's up guys?

My names Ryan and I'm new to trials in general, as well as the forum.

I had my first real go riding today on my mate's Base bike, and fell from a wall and murked my arm.

So i won't be riding for a few days....

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a bike from someone off the forum soon, and I'll be riding in St. Albans, Hertfordshire. If there's anyone around, let me know.

Cheers!

x

Hello all my name is Simon i'm 28 i live in Nelson, Lancashire. I've just completed my first racing season in Speedway which i have loved & the thought of 6 months until the season starts again is killing me. I've been a fan of trials since i was a kid i grew up learning on motorcycle trials bikes but the track i rode on has been closed & redeveloped so the thought of buying another motorbike went out the window. I've really enjoyed watching Julian Dupont's video's on youtube & recently discovered Danny MacAskill & just thought WOW.

I've ummed & aghhhed about it & decided to give trials a go, i've just bought a 26inch Onza cleaner which was on ebay with Ā£200 knocked off the price new so for Ā£299 i think it was a bargain & not massive amounts of money lost if i dont like the sport. I'm looking to meet new people hopefully their are some local to me to go riding with & hopefully learn something. Anything with 2 wheels so far i have loved riding i think that cycle trials will be another that i enjoy too. The main idea behind getting a bike for winter is to keep me active & fit ready for when the 2011 race season starts. I've nothing to do of an evening but with plenty of urban obsticles about i think that my local town is a trials playground.

Cheers

Simon.