Monty Pr Bars

Alex.loves.boys

hey, im tring out some monty pr bars as there the same geo as ti's and there just lay ther ein ym shed.

i like them and that but are they strong?

i dont want to kill myself... so yeh

ayone broke any?

im asuming there as strong if not stronger then the ti ones...

Sort it out man, for Gods sake. Take a minute or two, you're barely legible.

Just wacked a set i had lying around on my echo! Rides the balls on short mod, absolutely loving them!

Sorry i can tell you if they are strong or not, as im not exactly a big rider so wont really test their strength too much.

Owen

Viz series 700 are same geo, Just a touch wider. I love them feel very nice. I personally could co any narrower

Surely not?

Aren't they like the old Zoo bars? Montys have much more rise and backsweep than old Zoos.

edit: to answer the question - the 6061 Monty bars are much thicker and heavier than the 7075 ones. I'd guess that the thicker tubing gives the bars similar strength to the Ti's?

Edited by Inur

Surely not?

Aren't they like the old Zoo bars? Montys have much more rise and backsweep than old Zoos.

edit: to answer the question - the 6061 Monty bars are much thicker and heavier than the 7075 ones. I'd guess that the thicker tubing gives the bars similar strength to the Ti's?

its the viz max bars that have the same geo as old zoos (Y)

Surely not?

Correct me if im wrong but viz bars are now the same geo as the new style zoo bars. And older style zoos were not the same as montys they had less rise and different sweep. Viz bars never had the same rise as montys.

im getting some of the pr bars tomoro as i need some and cant wait for some new bars that are comeing to the market i need some now

hey, im tring out some monty pr bars as there the same geo as ti's and there just lay ther ein ym shed.

i like them and that but are they strong?

i dont want to kill myself... so yeh

ayone broke any?

im asuming there as strong if not stronger then the ti ones...

I've had both, and sorry but they are completely different, the TIs are much less extreme, they have less rise, less back sweep and less up sweep.

I much prefer the TIs, with the PRs it made it much harder to control the front wheel when I was hooking, as it seemed to want to flap to the side.

But, to answer the question, I reckon they'd be stronger, they certainly seem stiffer and I think they are a bit heavier, so there is more metal there.

I've had both, and sorry but they are completely different, the TIs are much less extreme, they have less rise, less back sweep and less up sweep.

I much prefer the TIs, with the PRs it made it much harder to control the front wheel when I was hooking, as it seemed to want to flap to the side.

But, to answer the question, I reckon they'd be stronger, they certainly seem stiffer and I think they are a bit heavier, so there is more metal there.

you may have had a old set as far as im aware all monty bars are the same geo now, just pr's are double butted, ti's are triple and lighter

you may have had a old set as far as im aware all monty bars are the same geo now, just pr's are double butted, ti's are triple and lighter

The PR bars I had were 07s, and the TIs I have are 07s, they may have changed them for 2008, but they rode completely differently.

Those are both examples of bars I have never owned. And the topic is about 221PR bars, not 219. Yes I do say, because I had them on two seperate bikes and I was riding both bikes at the same time for a few weeks, they are very, very different.

The PR bars I had were 07s, and the TIs I have are 07s, they may have changed them for 2008, but they rode completely differently.

Those are both examples of bars I have never owned. And the topic is about 221PR bars, not 219. Yes I do say, because I had them on two seperate bikes and I was riding both bikes at the same time for a few weeks, they are very, very different.

But the 219 and 221pr bars are exactly the same. And if anyshould be the same as ti's it should be the pr's not the 219 as the 221pr is the more expensive bike.

Im sure adam could post the answer up if he knows.

I bought my PR bars from my mate, he had taken off his 2007 221PR and replaced them with Zoo bars. I used them on my 06 Echo for a good few months.

I then bought my 07 Echo, and it had 2007 TI bars in White, and for a month I had both bikes and rode both of them frequently, just because I could.

The PR bars felt much more extreme to the TI ones, like they had more of a rise, more up sweep and more back sweep.

It was only a few weeks ago, 3/4 at the most so I'm pretty certain.

Here is a pic, it's kinda shite, but you can sort of see that the bend on the PRs are steeper than the TIs.

RIMG0028.jpg

Anyway, I could be wrong, it might all be to do with the different stems, but I run the TI stem with a load of stacks underneath so I doubt it would make a huge difference.

EDIT: This is all just my opinion and speculation and stuff, it could all have just been the different stems, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't. Anyway it doesn't matter, as long as you like them matey, keep using them until you grow old. (Y)

Edited by Muel

Just been on phone to tarty to order some as i need some put me on bars. And they are supose to be the same but they arnt, they have more backsweep and less up sweep i think. so muel was right

And the viz bars that someone said about are the sameish just tad wider.

Still good bars though and will be reasonably strong.

Edited by basher

Just been on phone to tarty to order some as i need some put me on bars. And they are supose to be the same but they arnt, they have more backsweep and less up sweep i think. so muel was right

And the viz bars that someone said about are the sameish just tad wider.

Still good bars though and will be reasonably strong.

That sounds about right, but I used to run them tipped foward so all the sweep was facing upwards.

They were excellent bars for the price I paid for them, they would have been a lot nicer had I changed the stem for a lower/shorter one, but I didn't get round to it before getting me new bike.