Raleigh Sport

cheesy

Im sorry but what you have said is rubbish. Trials bikes really do depend on geometry, yes ok old xc frames were used, but, since specific trials frames have been made trials has progressed so much in terms of what 'tricks' are possible. I doubt Martin Ashton could ride that raleigh like his normal trials bike.

As for the 'bad workman blames his tools', that isnt the case here. Should be 'riding that bike for trials is like a builder using screwdriver as a chisel' it works but doesnt do the job.

All he wants it to do is work until he gets a new frame right? Not going to use it as a long term option I assume...

this thread confirms what a bunch of spoilt little shits most of you are!! not everyones mummy/daddy can afford a brand new bike for there kid, some people even work for the money to buy a bike!!! this guy has built this up to ride on and you guys all rag on him!!! you should be f**king ashamed, not just for your own actions, but the impact your having on this community! what happened to the "doesnt matter what your ride, as long as you enjoy it" motto?? you all act like complete C UNTS, because he's not riding the latest gear...

GROW THE f**k UP!!

Ben

• Like 1

Haha and now hes ragging on his own bike!

he come to the big Peterborough ride and he couldnt ride it cos he said it was shit and his brake mount snapped! :)

wasnt there a post on here saying what would snapped first?! ;)

Edited by Karl Butcher

Reading some shit on this thread really makes me want to quit trials...

What a bunk of wanker half the people are being... hes trying to ride an as long as he's enjoying himself leave him to it.

I'm not the biggest or best rider at anything, but if my bikes working i have a great time, and thats what its all about

"doesnt matter what your ride, as long as you enjoy it"

I didnt even get to this point in the thread but look just shows.... me an Ben have been on the scence years now and were still here becuase we know what ridings all about! Pretty sure me an Ben never got near 50" sidehops, but just enjoy riding. When i started i never wanted to be the best and i still dont far from it! but enjoy being with mates and having a laugh. A bit of banters fine, if you know each other and wanna poke fun thats fine. But on a forum don't say things that you wouldnt on a ride

this thread confirms what a bunch of spoilt little shits most of you are!! not everyones mummy/daddy can afford a brand new bike for there kid, some people even work for the money to buy a bike!!! this guy has built this up to ride on and you guys all rag on him!!! you should be f**king ashamed, not just for your own actions, but the impact your having on this community! what happened to the "doesnt matter what your ride, as long as you enjoy it" motto?? you all act like complete C UNTS, because he's not riding the latest gear...

GROW THE f**k UP!!

Ben

:closedeyes:

lol.

It makes me think of prejudice between disaplins of riding aswell, alot of riders hate on others because there from a different dissaplin...

But in all fairness, the second pic of this bike actually did look ridable to some extent and probably pretty good fun.

The new giant is beasty, old school bikes f/t/w.

Thanks for all the good posts about my old Raleigh but i got my gaint now and im happy with my gaint rides nice and easy just need to buy 2-3more things then its all done.

This old frame is going away and never coming out again lol.

....Cheesy....

Thanks for all the good posts about my old Raleigh but i got my gaint now and im happy with my gaint rides nice and easy just need to buy 2-3more things then its all done.

....Cheesy....

haha why? cos it was so crap! ;)

i thought you was goin to show everyone how good it was? :P

i love you really Lee ;)

haha why? cos it was so crap! ;)

i thought you was goin to show everyone how good it was? :P

i love you really Lee ;)

Lol it was a good bike back in the day but if I tryed to do half the stuff I can do i'll kill myself. But i did do a nice little show on it sure I can get some pics of me on it. If i can i'll post them up lol

....Cheesy....

to be honest, that raleigh looks like back in the day it would've been capable of decent stuff. I'd say it doesn't compare to modern bikes, but I know a dude who says he could do better stuff on his old-school mtb than he can on his modern bike.

So I don't think it matters. As has been said, its more about fun than good spec. Why else did a kid who was there at my last ride ride a shite 16" raleigh (which's handlebars fell off!) and yet do 180s and wallrides better than me!

lol

Anyway, what giant did you buy?

An STP?

to be honest, that raleigh looks like back in the day it would've been capable of decent stuff. I'd say it doesn't compare to modern bikes, but I know a dude who says he could do better stuff on his old-school mtb than he can on his modern bike.

So I don't think it matters. As has been said, its more about fun than good spec. Why else did a kid who was there at my last ride ride a shite 16" raleigh (which's handlebars fell off!) and yet do 180s and wallrides better than me!

lol

Anyway, what giant did you buy?

An STP?

I got his one giant think its the 2002 but not 100% sure on that one mate.

....cheesy.....

• 8 years later...