New Onza.com

Joe@Onza

Hi Guys,

I'm 60% done the new Onza.com and wanted to get your thoughts. What would you guys like to see on our website? Some nude photos of me with a hedgehog covering my bits maybe? :sick:

But seriously, what do you wanna see on there?

Cheers

Joe

EDIT by OBM: NEW ONE NOT UPLOADED YET - ONZA.COM = THE OLD SITE

I went on it expecting to be 60% done... :(

Get rid of the 'click here to enter' page. I typed the address in to go on your site, not to go to a page to then go to the site. ;)

Can't really think of much atm.

What have you done so far? :)

leave it how it is then make a new one I like how old it is, 'cause you can look back on what it was like and what stuff to be excited about and all that

nice little trip down memory laneee

Thing is, it's a pretty old, poor layout by today's standards. Doesn't do the company much good?

I say completely update it, but have a link back to the old site, to keep him above happy. :P

Looks exactly the same as the old one :S

Id like to see a whole new site really contempoary and what not. No drab colour scheme like the old one.

A proper structured layout not higgledy piggledy news bits like the old one and supercycles website.

Look at the tarty site with how it has its news section something like that with a strutured nice way of navigateing.

- intro

- bike info ie, geo, price, weight, nice simple clear picks

- All product info, ie geo, price, weight, pics

- A development section, be it news or ideas,

- Events?

- riders?

Basicaly it must be, SIMPLE, CLEAN, CLEAR, and easy to navigate,

max

What about embedding a blog feature in there? Wouldn't be too hard to just have a generic Wordpress blog thing in there, and it'd be easy to update, you could let people know more about products coming up, protos, how long til X part is gonna be out, etc. - a lot of BMX companies are doing it now and it's a really good way to keep in touch with the end user, plus it shows that the company's active?

Hi Guys,

I'm 60% done the new Onza.com and wanted to get your thoughts. What would you guys like to see on our website? Some nude photos of me with a hedgehog covering my bits maybe? :sick:

But seriously, what do you wanna see on there?

Cheers

Joe

Well where does one start, get someone with website building experience and update that sh*te looking website/homepage, quality pics and info on the entire 2008-09 product range. profile info on riders with pics and videos. and get some business advise on promoting the brand name because judging the look of the homepage, this make onza look disorganized. In the modern society of all things "IMAGE IS EVERYTHING".

I went on it expecting to be 60% done... :(

Get rid of the 'click here to enter' page. I typed the address in to go on your site, not to go to a page to then go to the site. ;)

Can't really think of much atm.

What have you done so far? :)

Looks exactly the same as the old one :S

Id like to see a whole new site really contempoary and what not. No drab colour scheme like the old one.

A proper structured layout not higgledy piggledy news bits like the old one and supercycles website.

Look at the tarty site with how it has its news section something like that with a strutured nice way of navigateing.

It is still the old one. :P

He hasn't uploaded the new code yet...

I don't like it.

I'm sorry, I could list what I don't like but it would take ages and I don't want to sound harsh.

its still the old one at the moment.

Well where does one start, get someone with website building experience and update that sh*te looking website/homepage, quality pics and info on the entire 2008-09 product range. profile info on riders with pics and videos. and get some business advise on promoting the brand name because judging the look of the homepage, this make onza look disorganized. In the modern society of all things "IMAGE IS EVERYTHING".

'Tard

Thanks guys for the info, Its very similar to what you were explaining.

ITS NOT BEEN UPLOADED YET SO STOP LOOKING AT THE OLD ONE

It will have a history bit like someone asked for, Thats already been set up, It looks pretty cool to see all the frames over the years. OBM had a good point about release dates, Might make a whole section for that. The dealer locater looks brilliant, Got a world map made in flash so it revolves and the you go by continent, county and area. Then you get to see all your local stockists.

Some one said it should be like Tartys, its completely different because its a brand website. Tarty's is an excellent dealer site. Point taken though with how simple it should be., Team are having there own portfolios etc with links to their videos. Really excited about showing you guys. It was an absolute ball ache writing a paragraph of description for every part or bike Onza do. >_< but it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks guys for the info, Its very similar to what you were explaining.

ITS NOT BEEN UPLOADED YET SO STOP LOOKING AT THE OLD ONE

It will have a history bit like someone asked for, Thats already been set up, It looks pretty cool to see all the frames over the years. OBM had a good point about release dates, Might make a whole section for that. The dealer locater looks brilliant, Got a world map made in flash so it revolves and the you go by continent, county and area. Then you get to see all your local stockists.

Some one said it should be like Tartys, its completely different because its a brand website. Tarty's is an excellent dealer site. Point taken though with how simple it should be., Team are having there own portfolios etc with links to their videos. Really excited about showing you guys. It was an absolute ball ache writing a paragraph of description for every part or bike Onza do. >_< but it will all be worth it in the end.

I didnt mean the site should actually be like tartys, as obviously thats a shop your a brand. The point i was getting at that on supercycles and the old onza site the news bit is really messy and i was using tartys site to say how simple the layout should be when you want to put something up as news. You should be able to move you eye around the site and take in each part as you want but the 2 current site you have are messy so your trying to take to much information in and stuff and figure things out.

I didnt mean the site should actually be like tartys, as obviously thats a shop your a brand. The point i was getting at that on supercycles and the old onza site the news bit is really messy and i was using tartys site to say how simple the layout should be when you want to put something up as news. You should be able to move you eye around the site and take in each part as you want but the 2 current site you have are messy so your trying to take to much information in and stuff and figure things out.

Yeah sorry dude, Read your post in a bit more detail after I wrote that, Sorry. But Yeah I must admit that the Super Cycles and Onza.com are SH*TE. We all now it here at Onza. Its finding the right person who can do a really good job of it and train the staff up at the same time so we can update it ourselves without just adding text to a long list of news. This is my 3rd year at Onza and I have never seen an update on either so I've been working night and day trying to organize it all. Its pretty difficult when you have 2 jobs, (Moore Large, Driving around shops selling 2 days week) and then Working for Onza direct making the bread and butter to keep things going.

I'm going to go ahead with the riders blog idea I think. Lets them tell you what they have been doing etc which should make an interesting read.

Keep the ideas coming guys.

Maybe something about what products you've got up and coming and where they are in terms of development. I always find it interesting to learn what goes into the development of a part, plus I find it reasuring to know that such work has gone in.