New Onza.com

Joe@Onza

:giggle:

Yeah, I came on expecting to see a new site too. When should we expect it?

Should be in about 2-3 weeks. The world will stand still for that THE Onza site has been updated. I shall hold an on-line funeral for the old sites fans.

All 3 of you should be able to pay your respects.

I can give only one piece of advise, do not under any circumstances under estimate the power of a well presented, well planned, and easy to use website. It's obviously not so important for Onza any more as they've done really quite well even with the shittest website ever for the past 2-3 years, but business is moving to the internet, and a lot of businesses still really don't seem to get this.

If you want someone to review the site before you push it out, give me a shout and i'll look it over.

one thinkg i will as is will onza . com be able to sell the bikes or you still guna have to go to supercycles?

Nope, We wont be selling direct from the site. It doesn't look professional when we direct out distributors to it. Super Cycles is having a make over too but there are only one set of tired hands working on it all.

I can give only one piece of advise, do not under any circumstances under estimate the power of a well presented, well planned, and easy to use website. It's obviously not so important for Onza any more as they've done really quite well even with the shittest website ever for the past 2-3 years, but business is moving to the internet, and a lot of businesses still really don't seem to get this.

If you want someone to review the site before you push it out, give me a shout and i'll look it over.

I agree with you totally, Thats why we are having a whole new fresh face. We tried about two years ago to do it but the guy who was doing let us down big time and wasted money and time. New guys is doing an awesome job of it and is making rapid progress. Out old website does reflect an image and I cant help but think its caused a few "Onza Bashers".

Our current website was developed by a part timer who left around 5 years ago and we have struggled like f*ck to update it so it was just left neglected.

I'm trying to give Onza a better image, So hopefully you will like it.
You should pm forum member (The Boon) Matt. hes responsible for most quite a bit on the web design on Curtisbikes.co.uk. hes more than capable of styling up the Onza site.

Sorry Scientist, I should have worded the first post better. Ive don th riders blog now. (Y)

Should be only a few more weeks!

Just as much my fault for not reading the whole topic :giggle:

If you guys ever need a hand with design or whatever hit me with a PM, I do Web Design and suchlike freelance so happy to help out!

Feel gay for saying it but I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing it.

Just out of interest, how much more moaning do I have to do before you get rid of the shit (excuse my french) Onza logo an create something abit more trendy. The logo looked good on my 2000 T-Mag, but we're not living in the dark ages anymore.

Just out of interest, how much more moaning do I have to do before you get rid of the shit (excuse my french) Onza logo an create something abit more trendy. The logo looked good on my 2000 T-Mag, but we're not living in the dark ages anymore.

To be fair Monty's logo is 25 years old... that REALLY needs an update!

Come on then give us screenshots of the new design for feedback ;)

I got flowed a link by Joe, and it does look really good, to be fair. Really good details with the products, 100% better than any other manufacturer's site that I've seen (Y)

To be fair Monty's logo is 25 years old... that REALLY needs an update!

Everything about Monty looks dated though, to be fair. At least they're consistent?

How long have nike and adidas had their logos for? you change a logo then you scrap 20 years of recognition, people see the logo and know what it is before they read it. Some companys change their logos and lose thier face I think. We thought about changing it at the sart of the year but its just not that great of idea. Spoke to Adam at Tarty about it too and he agreed.

PLEASE scrap that name. I/We beg of you.

Why does a name bother you so much? you have remembered it so I guess its done its job. (Y)

Edited by Joe@Onza

Rock N Roll Cycles? To be honest, I think thats worse than SuperCycles. Sorry but I just think it sounds a bit childish? It's the sort of name we used to give our "bike shop" back in the day when everyone used to come and play in my shed.

Rock N Roll Cycles? To be honest, I think thats worse than SuperCycles. Sorry but I just think it sounds a bit childish? It's the sort of name we used to give our "bike shop" back in the day when everyone used to come and play in my shed.

as strange as muels post is....i totally agree; rock n rooll cycles sound so amature......get a decent name to go with the updated site, new bikes and company image maybe.... hog cycles....i dunno..thats nearly as lame, but you know what i mean

You could just sell it as onza bikes.....

I'd also agree that Rock'n'Roll cycles sounds... rubbish.

Take the feedback you've got already and do something about it before its too late ;)

Agree big time. Supercycles is/was fine (super = good, cycles = descriptive)... Rock'n'Roll, although to a few who will get the rock=trials, roll=wheels link, the majority of people will just see a cheesy title with reference to a genre of music. Just consider it before going all out with a big expensive launch...

Why does a name bother you so much? you have remembered it so I guess its done its job. (Y)

I didn't remember it though, that's the thing.

I know Supercycles because it's been around since before I started riding...