New Onza.com

Joe@Onza

Rock N Roll Cycles? To be honest, I think thats worse than SuperCycles. Sorry but I just think it sounds a bit childish? It's the sort of name we used to give our "bike shop" back in the day when everyone used to come and play in my shed.

(Y)

Just a few responses to the criticisms.

1 Have you tried registering a dot com domain name recently?

2. We don't care if you love it or hate it as long as you remember it.

3. So its childish, unlike big and manly wiggle.co.uk or snappy and easy to remember chainreactioncycles.com .

4. Onza.com is a worldwide product site and positively cannot direct sell or even list prices of its products. It is a product reference site for all our worldwide distributors.

rock and roll cycles are you having a f**king LAUGH, i hate it i hate i hate it

i hate who ever decided it.

i hate ever put the idea forward

if that actually gets changed, im gonna piss my pants.

f**king stupid name.

Hey hey, Ok. You don't like it. Its not just for trials. Its an on line bike shop. Its a bit too late now but if the service and the deals are there then who cares what it is called? I know it doesn't bother me too much. Its not a brand its what you type into the address bar to find a shop. One word for you.......Wiggle.

Rock'n'Roll, although to a few who will get the rock=trials, roll=wheels link, the majority of people will just see a cheesy title with reference to a genre of music. Just consider it before going all out with a big expensive launch...

I ride trials and i didn't even think about that link. :P

Wiggle works, google works. Both are 'odd' memorable words. RockNRoll isn't an odd word, its a phrase which I'd expect the older generation to say to sound 'cool'.. thats the difference.

I do know how difficult it is to register a .com - but thats not really an excuse, its difficult but not impossible to register a decent one, just takes a bit of time and thought. You've obviously made your mind up, but to me it seems like you're making a rather unprofessional (stubborn?) decision in ignoring feedback. Learning to take criticism and use it to your advantage might be a more suitable option... :ermm:

Oh my days, speaking with the branding part of my company, that is a f**king awful name.

I genuinely can't believe you've got your heart set on that name. I remember some fat girl in Newquay trying to pull me, but it certainly wasn't worth remembering, nor do i really want to remember it.

I touch on branding little to be honest, as all that is done before we get to the project, but i understand some of the basic concepts of it.

If you was to ask me what Rock n Roll cycles sold, i'd say old 70's retro bikes. Bikes designed for people who grew up in the 70's. If you asked who was behind it, i'd say it was a start-up company, someone trying something different with no knowledge of business or branding, and not someone/a group of people with 10-15 years of bike sales, design and marketing.

You keep referencing Wiggle in your justification, and i can see why you may do that, but it is wrong. Wiggle works because it is a largely un-used word, and is more often then not associated with not a lot. Rock n Roll however is a combination of dull and common words, which when combined have already been done to death in the past.

Can't really explain this well at all as i've not at all got my point across, but well, i think using that name is a really, really bad decision, and ignoring everyone's comments is i think is another bad decision.

I wasn't being stubborn, I simply said it was a little too late. I understand wiggle, Google etc but what I was getting at was why does that not bother anyone? It does not affect anyone direct so I'm sorry but can you imagine me turning around to the team and and saying sorry guys trials forum don't like the name we gotta change it. I understand your input and it is taken on board. This is going off topic anyway, My advice is not too be so fickle about what something is called. Its just a name.

If someone asks me what sites are good for buying trials bikes the last thing I would think of is Rock'n'Roll Cycles.

Keep supercycles everyone knows it and if kept updated will be a great site which I would proberly recommend

Im sure that one of the golden rules about selling goes something like

Listen to the consumer

Just a few responses to the criticisms.

1 Have you tried registering a dot com domain name recently?

2. We don't care if you love it or hate it as long as you remember it.

3. So its childish, unlike big and manly wiggle.co.uk or snappy and easy to remember chainreactioncycles.com .

4. Onza.com is a worldwide product site and positively cannot direct sell or even list prices of its products. It is a product reference site for all our worldwide distributors.

:rolleyes:

I ride trials and i didn't even think about that link. :P

I know, I only just thought of it the other day and don't know if Mike was actually getting at that in the first place.

No one's answered why Supercycles needs to go in the first place though... In the words of me: 'if it ain't broke don't rename it to something apparently universally hated and cheesy.' ;)

Wiggle, Google etc are just weird names that work because they are unique.

Rock n Roll is just a boring name. Supercycles was better.

You could use "Let's twist again" or something as your catch phrase haha

Another vote against RnR :)

What I am saying is the actual name is not that important. Supercycles is not available as a .com as its's already taken and is a US Motorcycle shop. When that site was off air for a long time, several years ago,we had about 20 e-mails a week asking us to get back up on line.We therefore wanted a name that we had the .com, .co.uk and most other variations of the name which could all point to the same site. We spent several days juggling names and combinations of names only to find that 95% of them were registered and held by companies based in the Dominican Republic Etc. and usually hosted Ad farms.

I used to hear these sort of comments about Wiggle in 2000 when it was just starting. Dare I say I even heard similar comments about Tartybikes name a few years ago when they first started. An Internet based selling website is as good as its reputation and that doesn't come from its name but from its range of products, its value for money and for its sales and service. Get those right and the name will become second nature.

Dare I say I even heard similar comments about Tartybikes name a few years ago when they first started.

I was gonna say just that... it's pretty random but it sticks and you just associate the name with bikes eventually. Select Bikes... Clean Bikes... Trials Man... (no offence intended!) all sound a little weird too.

Anyway, about the new Onza.com... back on track, haha... I think it's hard to give feedback without anything to feed back from!

I was gonna say just that... it's pretty random but it sticks and you just associate the name with bikes eventually. Select Bikes... Clean Bikes... Trials Man... (no offence intended!) all sound a little weird too.

Anyway, about the new Onza.com... back on track, haha... I think it's hard to give feedback without anything to feed back from!

Cheers dude, just sent you a link. Feel free to let everyone else know what you think but its just not quite worth unveiling to the public yet.