Onza.com

We had a thread on website updates which got a bit lost and went off in different directions because people misunderstood the initial request.

So lets start again on Trials Chat but a little more specific in what we are asking..

Facts.. 1. Onza.com as a website is old and tired. We know that. It is however still up and running.

2. We are actively building a new site in conjunction with our web designers. It is not live yet and won't be for ( ? ) weeks.

We were just looking for a bit of input from TF readers as to what they would like to see in such a website. We picked up some good ideas already, example, the team riders Blog which Onzaboymark suggested. Can anyone suggest any other feature which encourages them to log on to particular sites. This is all the thread was looking for, so lets not get bogged down in whether a name is good, bad or indifferent. The request is specific to Onza.com as a worldwide product promotional site which neither quotes prices nor sells directly to the public .

The reason there was such a problem with the other thread was becuase your asking for suggestions for a site that doesn't yet exsist.

No offence to the posters in that thread, but eveything suggested, like bike history, rider page / bio and updated info of new frames are blatently obvious things to have in a site and all should have been considerd for the new site anyway - which they probably have done. But asking for ideas when there's absolutly nothing for us to see, the topic was doomed from the start.

I don't think it's down to the sites content. All bike manufactors sites are pretty much the same with regards to content. It's everything else that's impostant. How it looks, how easy it is to use, the layout etc etc. And most impostantly kept up to date. The old site, even with its hudge flaws would have been good if it was updated regulary.

(Y)

Edited by JT!

Any post in here not directly relating to suggestions will be deleted. If you want more visitors, and those visitors to return you need to go back to basics, decent SEO, good easy to use design, regular updates + content. Thats it. If you want more specific feedback then you will need to post the URL to the development site, rather than selectively PMing it to members - after all, this is a public forum.

I would like to see a quick and easy to use media page. Where video's are embedded so they are really easy to watch!

Also, full decriptions of all the bikes available from you, with geo and spec list as detailed as possible!

Furthermore, it would be nice if everything was easy to find, a nice bar across the top which can link you to all parts of the website. (if you understand what i mean)

Also, a link to all distributers of your products (not sure if you already have this) so that its nice and easy to buy and products.

And ill keep thinking of more :P

Owen

The thing I want most from this site is (up to date) product detials! (prices, weights, geo etc). There should be so much detail that we get bored reading it. After all, with this new "pro series" stuff coming out, not many of us no what it's like, so before we buy it we need to know exactly what we are giving you are money for. Also, living in Jersey, I am restricted to a small amount of product testing. With only a handfull of riders over here, it's hard to test before you buy.

Yeah, Good stuff, Positive comments. All taken on although all were pretty much nailed already. I've just got ensure the descriptions are top dog.

Cheers

Awsome! I really look forward to seeing it up and running now!

Owen

I'd like to see a decent section on the history of onza (not boring though), a well structured rider profiles section. obviously media, both in downloadable and streamable formats for videos and good quality pics, nothing worse than a nicely laid out site with poor quality pics. Possibly onza wallpapers and stuff like that. i really don't want to see white (or light) writing on a black background and not too many hedgehogs and green writing.

A nice easy to navigate, Informative website. fairly simplistic aesthetics (but not dull). enough content to keep me interested but not to bombard me with crap.

maybe a little review from the riders of there favourite things onza have done in past like old t-pros or what out of new onza stuff do they like the most and why? in a non biased way if you get me? not like

i use these pro trials rims because they help me hop an extra 2 inches.

just an idea ? :unsure:

Just an idea. but have a little voteing system?

Like when you have a new frame out, have a vote on which colour it should be.

Or if you've designed say 2 frames, but only want to market one of them - have a vote on which is more popular.

Doing this would shorely be a good idea, as at the end of the day, we're the people who will buy your products.

Just an idea. but have a little voteing system?

Like when you have a new frame out, have a vote on which colour it should be.

Or if you've designed say 2 frames, but only want to market one of them - have a vote on which is more popular.

Doing this would shorely be a good idea, as at the end of the day, we're the people who will buy your products.

It also brings the feeling of involvement between the customers and the company, giving people a closer bond with you. Things like frame name votes, colours, new product line directions etc would be great as a little poll. I'd also find myself checking back in to see how the poll is going so would be looking at the site more often.

Decent images of the frames would be great, i know it sounds like I'm being picky but close ups of random sections of the frames/products always grab my attention more than full view images. I like seeing the features and intricacies of the frame i want to buy, rather than how it looks with some else's set-up. I like getting up close and looking at a frame properly when its in front of me, that can't be done over the net so the pics are what i'm relating to.

As for the colours/layout. Something nice and clean, a white page with hints of colour around the menus etc appeals far more than a solid black background and white text for example.

As for content, sneak peaks at future product lines are always great... gives the same feeling of involvement that i mentioned earlier. Theres been a few instances when products have been designed/tested and scrapped for one reason or another, maybe stick them on a page of R&D lines once they're officially scrapped so we can see what might have been. The belt drivetrain system that was mentioned as already being tested would be something i'd loved to have seen, but it was hushed away somewhere for us never to view. Concept artwork on frames before they have been brought out and designs for the frames would interest me to as i always find peoples ideas fascinating to see.

Decent images of the frames would be great, i know it sounds like I'm being picky but close ups of random sections of the frames/products always grab my attention more than full view images. I like seeing the features and intricacies of the frame i want to buy, rather than how it looks with some else's set-up. I like getting up close and looking at a frame properly when its in front of me, that can't be done over the net so the pics are what i'm relating to.

;) You'll be pleased...

wel.....you've got some good suggestions now, should be a pretty sweet website....

i definitely think the history o#f bikes is a good idea....maybe a timeline as well....starting off witht he onza HO brakes and porc tryres...then moving to the t-bone, t-pro, limey then present day...would really show how the company has progressed throught he time its been in business

I really like the scientists idea of having the new product ideas, or scrapped ideas for us to look at, like he said it really helps to get the customer involved in the company

Love to see more detail of the hydroformed frames

and the funky headtubes with the cutouts.

Edited by Disasterboy

• 2 weeks later...