New Products From Ozonys

AdamR28

Hi guys,

Ozonys have strengthened their frame range for 2008.

First up is the XS26 as ridden by Ali C: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=112577.

Geometry (when measured with Echo Urban fork, sold separately)

Wheelbase: 1085mm

Chainstay Length: 383mm

BB Rise: 25mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 680mm (26.75")

The frame is designed to be super stiff and strong with good all-round geo. Being mainly aimed at street riders (S for 'Street') with a weight of 2.143kg/4.73lbs (for the silver frame) it is not the lightest, but Ali's given his a pounding so far and it's resisting dents really well, something super light frames are not known for doing. It has a built in booster plate and also a +40 rear disc mount.

It is available in Anodised Brown (shown below, does not come with Trialtech graphics as on this picture, the one below is Ali's frame) or Brushed Silver, both at an RRP of £399.

post-5427-1212493844_thumb.jpg

Next is the XR26 (R for 'Race') and is being ridden by Stan Shaw this season: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=120711

Geometry (to be confirmed, when measured with Echo Urban fork, sold separately) - Stans bike has an Atomz fork on for the moment so this geo isn't confirmed yet.

Wheelbase: 1090mm

Chainstay Length: 383mm

BB Rise: 40mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 680mm (26.75")

This frame is designed to fit in between the Cannibal and the XS26, having slightly thicker tubes than the Cannibal (and this stiffer and stronger) without any excess weight. A new CNC machined seatstay/top tube joining block is the coolest feature of the frame, but it also has a +40 rear disc mount and built in booster plate like the XS26. Stan's frame tipped the scales at around 1.89kg but I will confirm this when the production batch arrive.

Available in just one colour scheme as shown, the RRP will £599. These are expected in the UK in around 2 weeks.

post-5427-1212494083_thumb.jpg

There will also be some 20" frames (XR20 Long and XR20 Short) available soon, more news on those when it is available. For now, they can be seen on the Ozonys website, http://www.ozonys.com

Thanks

Adam

• 1 year later...

I've been wondering about the dropouts and whether you could run a hub with bolts like the pro2. The holes look too small for the bolts to me, but I suppose a QR would fit through. Still, it'd be a shame if they were ruled out, the only downside I can see to these frames. I really like the tensioner idea too - it's good to see some innovative solutions to mech hangers and the like coming out this year!

Edited by Ben Swales

had this frame since september. i have been running a chris king hd from day one. i would say the tensioner is the best you can get (very simple) if anyone is interested i have a used frame and forks for sale it is very cheap. pm me

thanks

wesley

• 10 months later...

Bumpity bump - some detailed photos of the 'King of Dunce' (:ermm:) 24" frame and Curve V2 26" frame.

large_curve26v2.jpg

large_curve26v22.jpg

large_curve26v23.jpg

large_curve26v24.jpg

large_curve26v25.jpg

large_curve26v26.jpg

large_curve26v27.jpg

large_curve26v28.jpg

large_curve26v29.jpg

large_curve26v210.jpg

Wheelbase: 1090mm

Chainstay length: 380mm

BB Rise: +60mm

Head Angle: 71.5

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 650mm

Weight: 1.468kg

large_kingofdunce.jpg

large_kingofdunce2.jpg

large_kingofdunce3.jpg

large_kingofdunce4.jpg

large_kingofdunce5.jpg

large_kingofdunce6.jpg

large_kingofdunce7.jpg

large_kingofdunce8.jpg

Wheelbase: 1045mm

Chainstay Length: 375mm

BB Rise: 25mm

Head Angle: 72°

Reach from centre of BB shell to centre top of head tube: 660mm (25.9")

Weight: 1.985kg

• 5 months later...

As we've now got photos/details, here's the Cannibal V3:

Geometry (with an Urban fork):

Wheelbase: 1070mm

Chainstay Length: 380mm (18:15 gear ratio with no half link)

BB Rise: 35mm

Head Angle: 73 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 660mm

Weight: 1.610kg

large_cannibal3.jpg

large_cannibal32.jpg

large_cannibal34.jpg

large_cannibal35.jpg

large_cannibal37.jpg