Plunger On Deng Brake, And Magura Brake New Style

Ashley-Wood

right basially on my new style magura and deng brake my plunger comes all the way out! and fell out into my hands and then a load of water pissed out with the spring! is this normall as i have only just brought my magura!

the plunger is litrally jsut sitting there because of the tpa in place! if i was to take my lever off the plunger would hang outand maybe fall out again!

advice will be appreciated!

cheers woody! x

The plunger is a bit more reason for concern. Officially you can't really put pistons back into the lever when they pop out as you've got a fair chance that the seal lip flips inside out or gets damaged and you've got a leak. If that's the case, the only thing you can do really is replace the complete master assembly.

Errr :unsure:

The plunger is a bit more reason for concern. Officially you can't really put pistons back into the lever when they pop out as you've got a fair chance that the seal lip flips inside out or gets damaged and you've got a leak. If that's the case, the only thing you can do really is replace the complete master assembly.

Errr :unsure:

sooo really we are f**ked?

haha

Edited by Gu-Triials

when i broke my siringe i bled it by taking the thingy out the body and it works as normal :) alot of people around our area do it, simpson started it off and it works well... which is quite worrying as simpson's idea's dont usually work. at all.

Is this your brake that he's on about?

If so:

then a load of water pissed out with the spring! is this normall as i have only just brought my magura!

+

Would magura them selves be able to do anything about it ? is it a manurfacturing default thingymabob.

= No warranty.

Lol, Sorry ? haa,

Would magura them selves be able to do anything about it ? is it a manurfacturing default thingymabob.

Firstly : of course not? You took it apart yourself, meaning a qualified cycle mechanic hasn't done it?

Secondly : there's no need, they just go in! "Man-up" is spot on, they tap back in with care and patience.

Edit: and you're using water

Edited by deanie-b