Beau Memorial Street Ride...

ye ye same as onza boy jake dibz on a lift if you dont mind kyle you legend

cheers ye i dont mind where it is go anywhere up for bristol though never being there heard alot of good things about it

and ye as far as i know bristoil werent his fav places to ride he told me that his fav place to ride was coventry????

cheers dec

and danny... he grant was goods mates with him, and he doesnt want people using his death as a reason to have another big ride!

Im sorry, But i knew Beau alot longer than Grant.

Regardless that doesn't matter, How grant put it across just wasn't need.

I game for ANYWHERE aslong as it's saturday, because im not getting stuck in bristol which is like 3 hours from me, Because Virgintrains decides to make up some story that somethings happend to the trains so they can have an early finish on a nice Sunday afternoon.

Edited by Danny Kearns

I will try my best to be there.

I think it may be best to do it on a saturday,

and i think there should be a poll for where it should be for which people beliveved his favourite riding spot was.

Ben

x

Im going to be organising that for summer NEXT year, gonna'a take alot of planning, time and money for me to sort that.

I'll help with that, being as my cousin lives in Stourbridge, i'll be able to get there really easily and chat with council people.

No problem.

If you need to Danny, you can stay at mine for ease of access to Stourbridge?

he told me that his fav place to ride was coventry????

maybe we could have it at cov then, but he told me that he loved bristol loads. Tom Baszo even suggested Bristol to me and one of Beau's bmx mates thought bristol was his favourite riding place aswell....

people seem to have missed the point i made earlier in the thread, i wasnt arguing where it should be or when it should be. just that it seems that some people just want a big ride, closer to them the better. rather than going to somewhere Beau loved to ride in memory of Beau.

edit: think it was Joe Baxter who said that him and Beau were arranging a ride in sheff? that could be a good place to have the ride. good idea?

Edited by Grant-Hundley

A thought...

Wherever the location of the ride, is it possible to find a local hostel/scout hut type place and rent it out for the friday/saturday night?

That way people can travel on friday if theyre coming from a long way away, have a couple of beers on the night and get a full day riding on saturday instead of spending half the day travelling. Again drinks and bbq type affair on the saturday night then people can make their own way home on the sunday at their leisure. Maybe get some pallets and set up a small rig for the sunday morning. People sharing lifts from distant places is preferable, petrol is cheaper than trains in groups.

Yes its still a bit crap for people who are working on saturday but it will give people the chance to actually ride :)

It will take quite a bit of organising if someone decides to sort it out but the cost per person shouldnt be too high.

A thought...

Wherever the location of the ride, is it possible to find a local hostel/scout hut type place and rent it out for the friday/saturday night?

That way people can travel on friday if theyre coming from a long way away, have a couple of beers on the night and get a full day riding on saturday instead of spending half the day travelling. Again drinks and bbq type affair on the saturday night then people can make their own way home on the sunday at their leisure. Maybe get some pallets and set up a small rig for the sunday morning. People sharing lifts from distant places is preferable, petrol is cheaper than trains in groups.

Yes its still a bit crap for people who are working on saturday but it will give people the chance to actually ride :)

It will take quite a bit of organising if someone decides to sort it out but the cost per person shouldnt be too high.

Yeah this will just be a street ride really....

Danny seems to be organising a proper ride similar to Dj's memorial ride for next year. think he's looking into doing it at the mary stevens park that Beau had the accident

Yeah this will just be a street ride really....

Danny seems to be organising a proper ride similar to Dj's memorial ride for next year. think he's looking into doing it at the mary stevens park that Beau had the accident

Nothing wrong with a streetride started from a common point :)

That is assuming you can find a suitable location <_<

Been on a few supermoto rideouts based on the same format, all meet in north yorkshire on the friday, ride 300 miles over the yorkshire moors on sat/sun - stuff the bikes in vans and drive back home :)

Camping is another option but with several thousand quids worth of bikes in an unsecured field its probably not such a good idea ;)

Another one for dibs on a lift off you Kyle!!! Ill obviously chip in for petrol etc!

Lets have a poll for the date, not the location, as little n00bs that didnt even know Beau will just try and vote for the closest one for them!

The camping or the few day ride idea sounds mint, everyone get together like after riding to have a few beers and a bbq, good idea forteh!

Or, maybe we could rent out a unit of some sort for maybe 2 days or something, and have a massve indoor ride, then the weather will not be a problem?

Owen

people work saturdays. why cant it be a sunday? trains still work, and im sure some of you lot drive anyway. if it solves anything, make a weekend of it and have two rides.

Yes Ash.

I'll be there. Couldn't make the funeral with regret, had to send flowers to it instead. Will make this for sure though, even though I work saturdays I can take a day off if its needed (I only get 7 a year though so I'd rather not).

I say Sunday the 7th, Bristol.

Its no good organizing it then changing it to some far corner of wales or Coventry, over 100 miles away from bristol (In my opinion).

Also, trains are fine on sundays 9.9 times out of 10. Its only when there are public holidays and major major works that things start to go ratty. You just need to plan, and look up what time the trains are here.

Edit: Also, less of the squabbling about 'I knew Beau the best' 'No I knew him the best'. Not Needed.

Edit again:

i am there any tme any day any place

Edited by Quackers!!

Grant and Danny both shut up NOW! Theres a time and place!

Is it any good by where Beau lived? I know he was always in Brum, but i dont think Brum would be suitable!

Bristol sounds ok. Im willing to travel anywhere in the country for this, i WILL be there.

Grant, i can see why you want it on his bday but like Danny said, it may be easier for people to travel on a Saturday.

Anyone up for having a poll? About the day, as yeah it would be nice to have it on Beau's bday, but we want a big turn out.

What happened to having it in the park where the accident happened?

Owen

The parks tiny in stourbridge and for the actual town..........it's even worse. Last time i was speking to Beau about riding spots he was bumbing leeds abit, but i think Bristol would be suitable cus the first time we rode their was with all the stourbridge lot and it would mean quite alot to us to have it their due to the fact of us all loving that day and all having great memory's of him there (not that it wouldn't mean alot to others).

The parks tiny in stourbridge and for the actual town..........it's even worse. Last time i was speking to Beau about riding spots he was bumbing leeds abit, but i think Bristol would be suitable cus the first time we rode their was with all the stourbridge lot and it would mean quite alot to us to have it their due to the fact of us all loving that day and all having great memory's of him there (not that it wouldn't mean alot to others).

That sounds good, can't disagree with any of that!

Surely the idea of the ride is for people to come and pay there respects and do what beau loved best riding thats no good if people cant get there just because it had to be on his birthday. I dont think thats something of great importance as every year his birthday isn't going to fall on a weekend and its the though of the ride that counts and aslong as its around about a signifcant date. The fact is grant you say people are just wanting a big ride but surely thats what he would want i didnt no him really but i believe he liked big group rides. Theres no point on having it on a day where few can make it and it will be a poor turn out with the people it means alot to not being able to make it or only just for an hour or 2. Surely saturday is the better option as, as stated the trains arn't great on sunday and an awful lot of people will be trying to get there using the trains, yes people work on saturdays but if the ride means something to them then with notice they can take it off.

Surely the idea of the ride is for people to come and pay there respects and do what beau loved best riding thats no good if people cant get there just because it had to be on his birthday. I dont think thats something of great importance as every year his birthday isn't going to fall on a weekend and its the though of the ride that counts and aslong as its around about a signifcant date. The fact is grant you say people are just wanting a big ride but surely thats what he would want i didnt no him really but i believe he liked big group rides. Theres no point on having it on a day where few can make it and it will be a poor turn out with the people it means alot to not being able to make it or only just for an hour or 2. Surely saturday is the better option as, as stated the trains arn't great on sunday and an awful lot of people will be trying to get there using the trains, yes people work on saturdays but if the ride means something to them then with notice they can take it off.

i wasnt arguing where it was or when it was, i just put an idea across.

the point i made was just cus it seems like people just want a big group ride that they can get to.

birmingham might be the most accessable place? but Beau always complained about being bored of brum, think it would be better riding in memory of Beau in a place he loved rather than one he didnt.

Edited by Grant-Hundley

Okay not being rude or trying to cause an argument, but your just going to have to pick where the ride is your self because eveyone is going to say different place, brum, bristol, sheff ect, your posted the topic you decide where it is (Y) evryone is entitled to there opinion but your just going to have to choose place other wise itl take forever, and the sooner everyone knows, they can get there tickets online and its so much cheaper (Y) Sorry if you disgree

Edited by Z o o !!