Grr Falling Out With Ebay/paypal

chrishayton

Just sold a lens and camera and have recieved positive feedback yet paypal are still holding my 350quid!

I have no idea why they would in the first place. I have 100% percent feedback and a 77 score.

The rules state that when the buyer leaves positive feedback the funds are released instantly.

Anyone encountered this or knows what to do to get my money, Ive contacted paypal bu no reply so far.

This happened to me a while back, theres a topic about it floating around. After 3 days of having feedback, I sent a sh*tty email to ebay saying I had become a victim of their redicolous scheme, and had recieved feedback 3 days ago and my money had not been released, care to explain why?

I got a responce back saying:

"Well with any new scheme there are always glitches in the system, Your money has now been released into your account."

One person I spoke to about it had a similar experience, but the money didnt arrive after feedback, it also didnt arrive after 21 days. He finally emailed them after 1 month complaining, and got the exact same responce I did.

Basically, if you dont ask for it, looks like they will continue to hold it for as long as they can get away with, and fob you off with some kind of rediculous excuse.

• 2 weeks later...

is there anyway round this? Im encountering the problem now, i believe it only occurs with items sold over £50.

Also with most electronic sales its either paypal or nothing.

i wrote in my description i would like a bank transfer because of the new scheme or paypal payment straight to my address but cant see the buyers been too happy about this as the rule is in their favour as with the rest of paypals policies.

is there anyway round this? Im encountering the problem now, i believe it only occurs with items sold over £50.

Also with most electronic sales its either paypal or nothing.

i wrote in my description i would like a bank transfer because of the new scheme or paypal payment straight to my address but cant see the buyers been too happy about this as the rule is in their favour as with the rest of paypals policies.

You will probably find ebay will withdraw your listing once you've put it up, if you use phrases like that. They are getting really strict about what you can say in your listings, and I know a lot of people on here have had lists removed. They did with one of mine, which I contested, and they said I was trying to evade ebay fees, as I used the phrase "make me an offer" as I had the auction up as "Buy now or Best offer". Complete load of rubbish, and yet they wouldn't refund my listing fees for having to list it again.

You will probably find ebay will withdraw your listing once you've put it up, if you use phrases like that. They are getting really strict about what you can say in your listings, and I know a lot of people on here have had lists removed. They did with one of mine, which I contested, and they said I was trying to evade ebay fees, as I used the phrase "make me an offer" as I had the auction up as "Buy now or Best offer". Complete load of rubbish, and yet they wouldn't refund my listing fees for having to list it again.

ah cheers pal, you realise you can add the make an offer option as standard with buy it now though?

i use it all the time as its free with the BIN option and i find it makes my items sell a lot higher.