Stood On A Nail - Should I Be Worried?

Rebelistic

I went to the walkin centre and got it checked. The nurse said that I didn't need another jab and I should just keep an eye on it.

Still best to be on the safe side and get these things checked though I suppose.

Thanks for the advice (Y)

It was a pleasure informing you that you might die.

All you guys would really go and get a jab over a bit of a rusty nail? I do stupid shit like that on a regular basis and never take any action sept put a boo boo on at night (Which have little dinosaurs on and everything)

Edited by Simps

Thanks again guys!

I've just been speaking to my dad who recons I had a tetanus booster 7 years ago when I cut my fingers in a food blender (as you do). So I should be ok - I might go in to the walkin centre tomorrow morning (early while its quiet) just incase.

I've read that the incubation period for tetanus is an average of 8 days (depending on how far from the main circulatory system it is so for a foot it's probably a bit longer) so there's no mad rush. The main symtoms are jaw lock and back ache.

F*ckin hate nails - I'm usually so careful too.

Cheers.

ohh dear you do have some rotten luck john..horrid taps going wrong broken ribs fingers in blenders and nails in feet.

Yeah, seem to have had bad luck injury-wise over the last month. Hopefully that'll be it for a while!

Still I managed to get a video of my riding over the last year edited (including the silly crash where I broke my rib - doesn't look very impressive though). I'll try and post it on here when I get round to it.

The rib is almost better now so I should be riding again very soon and now I can hardly feel where the nail went in :)