Occupations

Danny Metcalfe

Financial analyst, but I'm packing it in to study law at uni next year.

Good stuff :D I did a Health and Safety Diploma when I was 17/18, the law side was the best bit I thought.

I've seen a few jobs in the City for Financial Analysts - is it any good (I'm guessing not if you're leaving)? I've been tempted to apply for the trainee ones, but the pay is stupidly low for a trainee and I can't help but think its a over-hyped job description?

It’s a very broad name for a job that can be related to pretty much anything. Probably a third of what I do is administration so it’s a bit of a fancy title hehe.

I work for a private equity investment manager so the work is very varied and can be reasonably interesting. You learn a little bit about everything as they invest in companies doing all sorts. The money is shit hot too (doubled my salary in two years) and there’s a fair bit of travel.

My employer hires people in England/Switzerland/USA to do the same thing as me and they require at least a relevant degree, with a view to going on and doing something like CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst). It’s purely because it’s an employees market in Guernsey that someone like me with shitty AS levels can land a pretty good job just based on experience. In London it’s far more competitive and you’ve got to work a lot harder. Sometimes I feel that I haven't got any time to myself, especially with study too. Unless you want to sell your soul, I’d stick with IT.

Law is going to kick ass.

I work as a Bicycle Mechanic! (Y)

Derby-Rider

Wish I was a bike mechanic.

I dont actually have a job at the moment :mellow:

Ive got level 1 in carpentry and got most the way through level 2, but my boss injured himself and cant work anymore :(

I've got a level 1 as a chef too that I did in year 11. Cooked at the 2 best restaurants in town ;) . Im not a god though.

I work at Tartybikes (your jelous I know it!)

I do a few different jobs, answer phones, take orders, place orders (occasionally), build bikes, wheels, deal with returns and of course pack and dispatch orders.

Its pretty cool, its ace when you get a nice happy customer on the phone wanting advice and they end up with the perfect part for them.

I do have a qualification in art and design as well as graphic design, but its been so long since I have done it I am no good any more.

taraa

Was an agricultural engineer for 15 years... now a BT adsl and frames engineer.

... pays the bills and gives me the time to do what i really want... ride!

Take it from me... don't bother with all the high sounding jobs, you get all the stress and the more you earn the more you spend and the more debt you get in. Keep it simple and enjoy life, you're a long time dead!

I work in a hotel. best job ever. i go to work. serve some food, eat my face off, sit around, wash up, pest my boss and go home :D

I have a better job :P

I sell swimming pools.

I drive to work, sit at my desk, answer the phone when it rings (hardly rings these days due to credit crunch :( ) browse the forum, and sell chemicals to people who walk in.

ahh, I do love my job ^_^