Citroen Brake Fluid Vs Magura Royal Blood

Duncy H

I have just broke my crossover and of coarse I will need to bleed it again. In the past I have used the citroen stuff from halfords in the past but i was wondering if it is really as good as the official stuff?

Oh and I am only concrened now because they are a new set of hs33's.

Just got oil thats the same dot. as magura blood, isit 4? i dunno

Alternativly, save yourself making a mess everywhere, and having a gash heavy brake and just use water... doesn't matter if its a new maggie or an old one, water doesn't affect the internals what-so-ever, i think 99% of this forum run water in their brakes without any problem

I've been using Citroen LHM in my mineral oil brakes for years. It even smells very like the magura stuff, just isn't as scary a colour. Next time the brake needs bleeding I'm going to use water though - water feels a lot better in HS33's, I'm just too lazy to bleed the brake while it's still working perfectly...

I always used to run Castrol LHM but i run water now find it far better and had no problems since i have been running it (well over a year now.) apart from freezing. to stop it freezing i just use a little bit of windscreen wash in the mix. I have heard of people putting anti-freeze in and it damaging the seals over time though.

bendy