Caelifera Takes On The World

Dang!

Il be up for testing the mod :D any ideas on geo personaly what your doing i think is a great idea gives people to try a proto frame and they dont have to be the best in the world ! put my name down for testing the mod

tris x

Look 6 posts up for the Geo.

I think the Mod' is going to be a disc only bike? 180mm to boot.

For all those interested in the Mod, please come out of the woodwork.

I need 12 riders total. US and Europe combined.

In general

Please update the list or post your info and what frame you are interested in (please pick one, it's only fair).

The frames are in process, and this thing does not start until the list is full.

FYI I am working on a flat fee rate for shipping... keep posted.

Edited by Dang!

Look 6 posts up for the Geo.

I think the Mod' is going to be a disc only bike? 180mm to boot.

For all those interested in the Mod, please come out of the woodwork.

I need 12 riders total. US and Europe combined.

In general

Please update the list or post your info and what frame you are interested in (please pick one, it's only fair).

The frames are in process, and this thing does not start until the list is full.

FYI I am working on a flat fee rate for shipping... keep posted.

build the frame with maggie aswell as i know alot more people who ride with rear maggie then rear disc put disc and maggie on??

if you build the mod frame with maggie mounts im in :D nice work btw mate :D

tris x

People are selected to test the frame due the the reliability of sending stuff etc.

And because he is still in NMC he hasnt proved himself yet.

thats the biggest load of balls ever, he's an awsome rider and will be able ride it big making him a better person to choose and making a mint video will show off the frame better ?

ayyee

thats the biggest load of balls ever, he's an awsome rider and will be able ride it big making him a better person to choose and making a mint video will show off the frame better ?

ayyee

He can be a great rider and all that but who says he is a reliable sender? He may not send the frame to the next person in line. That would be my main consern if i was asking people to test a frame for me in a similar manner to this.

I do not wish to moderate the forming of the list, I haven't the ability to get to know most of these people. It is important that potential riders be cleared by the community at large, because it is the potential of loosing their chance to ride that is at the heart of the matter.

If you have a suggestion for a potential rider, but they are not on the forum, they are not known well, there is a language barrier, or any other reason they can not speak for themselves. I suggest you have them either contact me directly or contact me yourself, so that we may discuss it further.

Word to the wise:

If you find yourself attempting to do vouch for others, make sure there are others who will vouch for you.

As much as I would like to take all of you at your word, some random person vouching for another does not carry much weight unfortunately...

However, a well put together letter (read email) of introduction and intent, goes a very long ways.

Hinmaton-

On another note-

The Mod frame has it's own tension system and does not need snail cams and what-not.

I would like to make the rear spacing 110mm?

Edited by Dang!

The Mod frame has it's own tension system and does need snail cams and what-not.

I would like to make the rear spacing 110mm?

Have the spacing left at 116 so then people who run echo hubs or whatever dont have to wreck the bearings as the snailcams arnt in place. This happened to my echo hub as there were no snailcams and there were constant play on the bearings. also put little threaded holes for the use of snails as well as the tension system. Or possibly have one or the other so people have the choice in what they want to use ;)

I would also like to see or hear what you have planned for the tension system. Sounds interesting :)

Sounds like a pretty sound decision to me.

Who will vouch for me ay lol.

Not sure on the mod spacing as i don't ride one.

Probably best sending Adam at Tarty an email to discus some options with him. He sells too many bikes/frames so should have a better understanding of what the public want then just a rider calling out a spec that they want to test.

Rob

I edited my comment-

The Horizontal dropout has it's own tensioner, and does not need a snail cam or what not.

It's thumb wheel actuated- similar to a Magura TPA

IMG_6105.JPG

I had similar tentioners on my Mongoose and they were very hard to turn and adjust. have you got any closeups of the actual tpa bitty ad how do you find it for adjusting?

Oh is that the mod frame btw?

Yeah- i's not a new invention by any stretch of the imagination. Just 44's take on it.

I'll take a close up-

it's a clever little bit of fun, and it moves freely.

Here's a rendering, I will get photos later...

dropout%20rev1.jpg

The frame shown is the smallest of the Mods. A custom job for an Elite rider in fact.

The disc mount is 180mm. I just don't see myself making it any bigger...

those drop outs are realy good :D whats going with the mod design you can out my name down for testing it for defo your frames look amazing mate:D

tris

EDIT: so am i definately a tester for the mod ?

need a list :)

Edited by Trisandhisbt