Pc Tech Support

Dr. Nick Riviera

Ahh... what compatibility issues?? I using 64bit W7 and itunes and I have NO problems. My iphone and shuffle syncs fine with it. There's a 64bit version of itunes you know.

And to Daniel Gray, W7 is definitely an improvement over Vista. If you can run Vista you should be able to run W7 just fine. If you want to use the 64bit version of W7, your processor has to be a 64bit for it to work, I've tried installing it on a 32bit processor laptop, doesn't let you install it at all.

Yeah these people have installed the 64-bit version's of itunes.. also tried the 32-bit install as a stab in the dark!

Trouble is most new Lappy's sold in comet, pc etc come preloaded with win7 64-bit... as oposed to 32-bit.

Edited by tubby

i have 64bit w7 on my laptop with 64bit itunes installed, works about as well as itunes ever has on any computer ive owned, which isnt saying much for itunes as its always freaking horrid! Alas i have had no real problems with it i.e. crashing or making my computer set on fire

either not syncing or bombing out during install with an error message.

I have win 7 Ultimate x64 with iTunes x64 on and have no problems with any of my ipods or my iphone.....

hmmm, the thing is i want to run adobe cs5 which is only 64 bit compatable, i think my computer is only a 32 bit compatable, looks like im going to have to find another way.

Also i have a 32bit laptop with CS5 on it, you don't NEED 64bit for CS5, 100% on that!

yeah im running cs5 on both 32bit and 64 bit computers with no troubles :)

Ditto :) and its brilliant!

That is wrong.. i have been told this and also read it off the adobe website, and also have a copy of Cs5 infront of mee thats says my computer is not compatable( how do u spell that word)

which is bull because i can run cs4 easy. computers annoy me.

maybe i am wrong but i really do not know.

That is wrong.. i have been told this and also read it off the adobe website, and also have a copy of Cs5 infront of mee thats says my computer is not compatable( how do u spell that word)

which is bull because i can run cs4 easy. computers annoy me.

maybe i am wrong but i really do not know.

"If you are using a 32-bit operating system and purchased a standalone version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, you will have to upgrade your operating system to a 64-bit version of the Mac OS or Windows Vista/Windows 7."

ADOBE

Edited by Daniel Gray

Big vouch for the c300s, will see a pretty huge improvement over the F.

Got a pair in RAID0 myself and GC seems to be doing it's job just fine anyway.

i5 750 @4.1ghz

GA-P55-UD5

4GB (2x2) Corsair XMS3 @ 1333MHz

Gainward GS GTX 260 atm since the 460 died had to find an old thing to use

2x c300 64GB RAID0 and 1 F3 1TB

2x Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM

All in a Lian Li/Lancool case

Build is getting really dated now so soon there'll be new bits apart from the drive setup. Also making a new case so expect a worklog on bit-tech soon.

i5 750 @4.1ghz

GA-P55-UD5

4GB (2x2) Corsair XMS3 @ 1333MHz

Gainward GS GTX 260 atm since the 460 died had to find an old thing to use

2x c300 64GB RAID0 and 1 F3 1TB

2x Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM

All in a Lian Li/Lancool case

Build is getting really dated now so soon there'll be new bits apart from the drive setup. Also making a new case so expect a worklog on bit-tech soon.

Yours is dated??! Mine looks puny compared to yours...

Spec Sav. Spec or you're a right gay. :P

Crosspost from RSQ, what do people use for editing video? Up until now I've stuck to movie maker, but I want something that is as easy to use, but that will handle 720p.

Spec Sav. Spec or you're a right gay. :P

Fine... built this 2 years ago.

C2Q Q6600 @ stock 2.4ghz (never bothered to overclock it...)

EVGA 680i F.T.W

4GB OCZ DDR2 @ 1066mhz

GTX260's in SLI.... (I'm pretty sure they are bottlenecked)

1x 750gb Samsung Spinpoint F1

1x 250gb Hitachi Deskstar?? Taken from my old pc.

Corsair TX750W (regret not getting a modular)

Coolermaster CM690 nvidia case

Haven't had a single problem with anything, does what I want all fine :)

Edited by weirdoku

Link to profile? I'm only on OCUK. Let's start a TF nerd brigade. :P

Not much on that spec is dated really? Bad news on the 460 though, any chance of RMA?

Well board isn't exactly great as well as lacking a few features I'd like. I'm hankering for triple channel ram too so going for a i7-930 and some much faster sticks.

The 460 was returned a few days ago so hopefully will get some news back soon. Unsure what I'm going to do if it's a no go, may wait for next gen of Fermi.

Profile on Bit-tech is here, been lurking on there for years but only made an account recently to put a worklog up but that's not started yet. Not even posted anything on there yet lol.

Think I've got an account with same name on OCUK forums too just not really been on there much :P

Edited by ZeroMatt

Glad this topic popped up, hadn't seen it before.

I have a dilemma. Hardware questions.

I have two PCs, i like PC and don't want Apple. I also like Windows.

One is for HD editing, nothing else. No internet, nothing. Well it's kinda a media PC atm, but soon to change to only edit.

One is dated. Used for internet and that's it. But i'd like to use it for media and free my other one up and save moving files about etc.

Editing is done with Vegas 9 on a 32" 1080p with highest resolution via HDMI. It's AMD Phenom X3 8550 at 2.2ghz. 3gb DDR2. 320gb HD not sure what speed. Nvidia integrated 8200. It works, and works well (for me), but i can't help but think i wouldn't mind some extra beef. No possible upgrades i can think of (small box) and lower resolution won't help me? I didn't know what i needed when i bought it btw. Oh and Win7 32bit, with no bullshit running in the background etc. Windows rates the pc good but let down by graphics somewhat which isn't an issue as it's not a gaming machine.

This internet machine is AMD Athlon 64 3000 at 2ghz. (or though right now it thinks it's 999mhz). 2gb DDR ram. 160gb hard drive. Geforce FX5200 128mb integrated. Graphics card is dead i think, and monitor is also on it's way out i think too. Recently formatted and installed RAM. But may get the dust cleared out and buy a new graphics card at £40 if one will go in.

So i have the choice. Buy a Intel I7 / I5 / I3 with sufficient RAM and mediocre graphics with two hard drives.

Or buy a average dual core AMD with WIN7 in 32bit which will do internet and be my media base instead.

Or clean this Athlon machine and upgrade graphics then use the new Acer 19" monitor i got with the AMD Phenom.

I've looked at Intel's new offering, isit as amazing as they say, the new technology really wiz. The big question, will i notice a huge difference with one of these?

Budget- questionable. Not over a grand, i don't have a grand free, but open to options.

I'm also not knowledgeable with hardware at all. But i see I7 has a big chache comes with DDR4 ram often. So correct me and learn me :P

Well board isn't exactly great as well as lacking a few features I'd like. I'm hankering for triple channel ram too so going for a i7-930 and some much faster sticks.

The 460 was returned a few days ago so hopefully will get some news back soon. Unsure what I'm going to do if it's a no go, may wait for next gen of Fermi.

Profile on Bit-tech is here, been lurking on there for years but only made an account recently to put a worklog up but that's not started yet. Not even posted anything on there yet lol.

Think I've got an account with same name on OCUK forums too just not really been on there much :P

I'd definately recommend waiting for Sandy Bridge then, the i7 930 is a monster chip, but with new sockets on the way I'd be inclined to wait...

Whats the budget? A top end gaming rig now will cost you £3k to build, modest around £800-1k, on the cheap side around £600.

The problem is for gaming, graphics card start at around £140 (for the ones you want, in my opinion).

For reasons that I can bore you to death with via PM if you wish, I'd stick for the time being. Graphics cards are all due to change within the next 3 months or so (ATI 6*** series coming out).

My suggestion for a really super spec future proof setup, but that its relatively cheap.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-022-OP

And then budget £200-250 for a graphics card in a few months time.

Well it's going to be done at about christmas time. As I was looking at building it myself I thought I may aswell get to know some stuff before I go spending money on things that wont work, or aren't wroth the extra money. I spoke to somebody last night and he showed me a few places where I can get some stuff cheap. Do you know of any other forums I could look at? He also said that I ould get a good enough one for £400 if I built it. I don't need to buy a monitor as it will be into my tv in my room buy what he sais is vga-vga connection? I just wanted an idea of what to be looking for, and prices I should expect to pay really. Doesn't need to be super good. Just good enough so it doesn't lag and is fast enough for the job I guess. Would I be good using an old case/pc and upgrading what's needed? I havn't a clue if I need a different case for different fittings or if old ones are good for new components. All I understand about a case is I'll want a big one for maximum air flow to keep it cool.

Depends on the old case you're thinking about using, but I'd recommend getting something newer. I have an Antec 300 which can be had for around £40 at the moment, which has very good airflow for the physical size of it. (Especially if you mod it like I've done in a few places).

You can use a straight HDMI cable Liam. And f**k, a gaming PC, be prepared for a wallet empty. You'll gonna need a decent mouse, keyboard and mic too. If you use a controller on PC, you will get shit for the rest of your life from the PC dudes :P But why do you want PC, i know PC rocks, but it's so damn expensive short and long run.

And Muel, care to answer my question on Icore processors? Or alternately go back to my previous post. :)

PM if you wish.

Edited by eskimo