Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

steampunk_guitar_1.jpg

I've seen this on the internet several times, looks nice but not to my playing taste.

Seeing as I owned it for a few months, I suppose it's classed as mine... ish? haha. - Inspired by post above. :):P

This looks good but it must be a bugger to hit high frets?

Love everyones guitars.

Drop D more than likely, i know how to do it (obvious as anything) but it just doesnt want to stay there probably due to the new strings?

Shouldn't make a difference if you put the strings on well enough, and they aren't 9's or something. Does it stay in tune in standard?

EDIT: By "well enough" I mean sticking the strings on with a few winds worth of string at the machineheads, tune it to standard, then pull each string in turn away from the body a few times. Tune it back up to standard, and repeat this process until when you go to retune it it's basically already in tune. This is pre-stretching your strings, meaning that they wont stretch as much during play.

Edited by //JD

You don't want the EAD (and maybe the G string depending on your string gauge) to have too many wounds around the tuning pegs. The thicker strings have way more tension than the GBE strings.

Don't wanna be too much of a pedant, but strings are designed to have near enough equal tension in relation to each other for their specific note range. Thats why you have different string thicknesses in the first place. As someone who went through a period of changing my strings every other day and playing 9/10 hours a day, I'm fairly confident in being right in my restringing technique. Everyone has different ways of doing things though...

Nah, totally not a dig, I guess I just don't sit there admiring my gear as much as others. I can totally understand why people would though... All the kit in this thread is niiice. One of my fave guitars to play at the moment is a blue encore strat copy, such a dirty horrible sound but just 'feels' right. I love that about guitars, you can spend thousands on a shit one and sometimes be lucky enough to spend bugger all on something you'll love forever.

Too right. I've got one of the first Mexican Strats which I got second hand pretty cheap, and it's just brilliant. Feels and sounds far nicer than the new Mex Strats, and to be honest it probably plays nicer than the new American ones too. I've had a couple of other guitars (and played a load more) since I got that and none of them have been half as good. I don't think I'll ever sell it, although I quite fancy a Les Paul to go with it!

Too right. I've got one of the first Mexican Strats which I got second hand pretty cheap, and it's just brilliant. Feels and sounds far nicer than the new Mex Strats, and to be honest it probably plays nicer than the new American ones too. I've had a couple of other guitars (and played a load more) since I got that and none of them have been half as good. I don't think I'll ever sell it, although I quite fancy a Les Paul to go with it!

I have a friend who has an american standard and a les paul, apparently the les paul feels far nicer to play.

Apparently there a great combination though.

Heres a picture of my old Schecter diamond series. It made a beautiful sound.

I really wish i never gave up and sold it :( i am actually on the hunt for it again.

4-1.jpg

Also, a question for you guitarists.

I have an acoustic guitar that i like to play on that currently has nylon strings on it.

Would it be wrong to try and replace these with steel strings as i much prefer the sound.

Or would i need a body properly suited for it?

Cheers

James

I have a friend who has an american standard and a les paul, apparently the les paul feels far nicer to play.

Apparently there a great combination though.

Yeah, I've played LPs before and they sound nice, but I don't like the feel much. They've got sharp edges and are really heavy compared to my Strat. It's obviously just a preference thing, but if I had to choose ONE guitar I'd probably still have a LP because most of what I play (badly) is 70s / 80s guitar music like Led Zep, GnR etc - I.e. Les Paul music :P

Yeah, I've played LPs before and they sound nice, but I don't like the feel much. They've got sharp edges and are really heavy compared to my Strat. It's obviously just a preference thing, but if I had to choose ONE guitar I'd probably still have a LP because most of what I play (badly) is 70s / 80s guitar music like Led Zep, GnR etc - I.e. Les Paul music :P

You sir have excellent music taste and good guitar taste.

Anybody like SG's?

I'm thinking about buying one. Epiphone probably, the cheapest one because I'm a poor student.

epiphone SG's suck sorry but they do.

Lp's are heavy, but the epi SG's are good for the money, what sort of stuff do you play?

I've gotton poop since I haven't played on a e.guitar for 3 years. But I play mostly metal stuff, Metallica, Killswitch, Slipknot to Tenacious D and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'll get some pics of my two guitars.

On the subject of string stretching, I like it most when you put them on and as you turn the machinehead to raise the pitch, the string actually lowers in pitch cause of the stretching.

A tip for string replacing on a floating tremolo bridge, is to do it one string at once, presuming only one (or none) is snapped. This is because with the way the floating tremolo works, as the new string reaches the correct tension after stretching, all the strings are bakc in tune. If you did multiple strings at once, it would basically need retuning, which IMO takes the royal piss on a floating trem guitar.

Edited by Bruce Lee

I've gotton poop since I haven't played on a e.guitar for 3 years. But I play mostly metal stuff, Metallica, Killswitch, Slipknot to Tenacious D and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'd concider an ibanez if i was you, depending on how much you have, in comparison to the low end strats and epiphones a low end ibanez will kill them when it comes to heavy stuff.

i mean my ibanez cost £300 has the neck of some of the £1000+ and a seymour duncan blackout pickup.