Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Take there evil out of this topic please.

Ok some of thier stuff is good, but they try to hard to be commercial.

Check this out at 1:30.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

No denying they've got loads better live, but whats not commercial about that? Using a bull horn? Not exactly a new concept. Tom Waits was doing that on Chocolate Jesus and i'm sure mnay more before him.

I think they've done far more innovative stuff in recent live performances such as:

That song is now played through a grand piano put through a wah pedal....pretty cool.

Theremins and chaos pads in guitars.

Fuzz factory and analogue phasers in guitars.

Putting a whammy in a guitar being controlled by a slide switch.....all those kind of things mixed with better playing and more conviction. Not my favourite band in the world but they have got better.

No denying they've got loads better live, but whats not commercial about that? Using a bull horn? Not exactly a new concept. Tom Waits was doing that on Chocolate Jesus and i'm sure mnay more before him.

I think they've done far more innovative stuff in recent live performances such as:

That song is now played through a grand piano put through a wah pedal....pretty cool.

Theremins and chaos pads in guitars.

Fuzz factory and analogue phasers in guitars.

Putting a whammy in a guitar being controlled by a slide switch.....all those kind of things mixed with better playing and more conviction. Not my favourite band in the world but they have got better.

I was kind of getting at the fact the lyrics while he's hidden behind the piano are just the word f**k in various forms, live on radio. Hardly the process of a band who are just on a commercial mission.

Sunburn is an amazing song, one of my personal favourites. Aswell as Muscle Museum

As an album it's definitely in my top 3, but didn't want to over big it originally because so many people would start debating what makes 'recent times' and how sugerbabes clearly have the best album of the century...

Saying f**k on a song hardly makes them underground - in a lot of ways it can be very commercial by generating media attention to increase awareness and popularity....but i don't think thats what that was about.

Lets face it for a band to do what they do for a living they have to be commercial to the extent that they gotta make money to live. Even the coolest bands have got to appeal to people. However there is an issue with selling out, something i fear my once favourtie band the red hot chili peppers have done a little on their last album.

Saying f**k on a song hardly makes them underground - in a lot of ways it can be very commercial by generating media attention to increase awareness and popularity....but i don't think thats what that was about.

Lets face it for a band to do what they do for a living they have to be commercial to the extent that they gotta make money to live. Even the coolest bands have got to appeal to people. However there is an issue with selling out, something i fear my once favourtie band the red hot chili peppers have done a little on their last album.

This is more of what I meant, i used to be quite a fan but they seemed to die on me.

I agree with what your saying completely. Oh god i've started a debate.

Other news.

Schecter synyster custom electric.

Concidering getting one to add to the collection as i quite fancy something with more than one pickup.

Anyone know anything about how it plays apart from the spec of it.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/2...electric_guitar

Humor me people.

It's cool. It suits synyster gates, but..

Thing about artist guitars.. You can build a better one yourself for less money. I give you the Joe Satriani guitar: £800? That's just an S with a PAF joe and PAF pro. The total of building it yourself? £500, a bit more possibly.

Yeah completely. Usually i'm very constructive of music as i love it and you can't be narrow minded to just your desired genre, but no part of me can like Satriani - to my ears he is so terrible and tasteless - his music leaves me feeling very empty, its cold.

As an antidote may i suggest a good dose of Tom Waits - that will sort anyone out.

It's cool. It suits synyster gates, but..

Thing about artist guitars.. You can build a better one yourself for less money. I give you the Joe Satriani guitar: £800? That's just an S with a PAF joe and PAF pro. The total of building it yourself? £500, a bit more possibly.

See i was going to build my own from scratch, from a body and neck kit.

But.

1. The neck was shockingly bad.

2. I cant spray very well

Although i may continue with the fender project.

Anyone going to see tallica in febuary?

I used to dabble, (seriously limited, abit of bloc party, arctic monkeys etc) so no major skills, and it was mostly just odd lil riffs. I sold my guitar and amp to a mate, and now I kinda miss it :( all I have left is my bass, and to be honest its boring! most songs basslines are poor.

Tempted to buy an acoustic.

Jeez not everyone wants a shitty flat necked, metal wannabe, tinny sounding piece of crap Ibanez - they're ugly and are suited to one style of music - not the style this guy is after.....so no definetly do NOT get an ibanez.

If you want an acoustic go for it....don't say acoustic guitars are shit as to disregard those in favour of only Ibanez's is soo stupid, but you could go for a cheapish Yamaha - they're acoustics are nice. If you've got some bucks to spend may i suggest the brand of acoustic guitar i play with...thats Martin guitars - they're phenominanlly made, but do start at around £800 so only if you're serious.

HOwever there is one little avenue you may have overlooked......you used to play an electric and you like riff based played in favour of say for instance finger pciked acoustic style....then why not look at a semi-acoustic. You can get the Epiphone Dot pretty cheap and it makes an audiable enough sound for acoustic style playing but if you ever get an amp again you can plug it in turn it up and go for it. Also if you like distorte4d styl playing, with a pedal or two you can have the best of both worlds.

But if you are really in to those bands and want a trebly, sharp sound theres pretty much one ideal guitar to go for and thats a Telecaster. Really strong, variety of prices and will give you the sound you're after.

Hope thats of some help.

Edited by Matthew62