Pet Hates

NVWOCI WVS

Phoning UPS

If you would like this say 1, if you would like this say 2.. number go up to 8 while im screaming ONE ONE ONE..

Then after half an hour... "sorry we didn't catch that"

Whats the matter with pressing 1 now-adays? With my accent these things are impossible.

Haha,

Please state after the beep what type of rental you are looking for.............................................Villa.......BEEEEEEEP.....Villla

You are looking for a.....4 Bedroomed....Flat....In....County Durham.

That said, its probably just not Essex proof ;)

Edited by Baby Pizzle

Dickhead posh philosophy students. Don't get me wrong i think philosophy as a concept is allright, but at my school the only thing it seems to teach is fancy words for stuff we all think about just as deeply anyway. Now this would be fine if they kept it to themselves, but in arguments/discussions they seem to find it impossible not to talk down to you and bring in these bullshit words when they know fully well you won't understand them because you don't study the same bullshit subject just because you think you're such a deep, creative thinker.

Those long beanies that people wear that hang off the back of their heads. The people wearing these generally seem to also be dickhead posh philosophy students, going for the scruffy art fag look. The whole 'deep thinking' vibe seems to go along with thinking they're rastas just because they smoke green every other weekend, ocassionally laugh along to bob marley, and wear hats that hide pretend dreads.

EDIT: Please note, that first point has no relation to Ben Rowlands on here :P While he does use alot of stupid big words i get the impression he uses them to talk alot of sense.

Edited by Max Quinn

Dickhead posh philosophy students. Don't get me wrong i think philosophy as a concept is allright, but at my school the only thing it seems to teach is fancy words for stuff we all think about just as deeply anyway. Now this would be fine if they kept it to themselves, but in arguments/discussions they seem to find it impossible not to talk down to you and bring in these bullshit words when they know fully well you won't understand them because you don't study the same bullshit subject just because you think you're such a deep, creative thinker.

Those long beanies that people wear that hang off the back of their heads. The people wearing these generally seem to also be dickhead posh philosophy students, going for the scruffy look. The whole 'deep thinking' vibe seems to go along with thinking they're rastas just because they smoke green every other weekend, ocassionally laugh along to bob marley, and wear hats that hide pretend dreads.

+1

Cars with "lexus style" lights (even on a lexus) they look cheap and nasty. Also "ripspeed" and "motorsport" sunstrips from halfords on corsa's or french hatchbacks.

And those twats with rich parents who just get given £1000 for their birthdays/christmas, or alot of the time just given to them for no particular reason, how about go get a job like everyone else? And those bastards that always have to have something better than you.

Edited by !!()`/D

Also "ripspeed" and "motorsport" sunstrips from halfords on corsa's or french hatchbacks.

Ah I hate all the cheap shit people buy for their car; all little phone docks, sun glasses holders, led dash lights etc, and PINK car accessories?

Its just so cheap and tacky, can't believe people feel compelled to buy such rubbish.

Also underage people who pay extortionate amounts to get tattoos done, usually a naff piece because the artist is a shit one to be doing underage kids.

But also their parents, alot of people I know all come from well brought up families, but yet their parents just let them go ahead with it, one lad who I went to school with (he is 16/17), just impulsively went out and got his surname tattooed to his wrist, he's at college and such so obviously wants to move into some kind of career, but didn't even consider that.

And then another thing thats annoy me, this lad works with a good friend of mine, now my mate is told he can't have ear piercings as its against company policy, yet this kid goes and slaps a tattoo on his wrist.

Edited by Captain Scarlet

Ah I hate all the cheap shit people buy for their car; all little phone docks, sun glasses holders, led dash lights etc, and PINK car accessories?

Its just so cheap and tacky, can't believe people feel compelled to buy such rubbish.

Dont forget playboy stickers on the back of a kia pride with some fat bint in.

ID policy in general. Got less than 5 hours to write a 16 page essay for uni tonight (not through bad planning, but because that's the brief for the project), so swung in past Sainsburys for a can of Red Bull to get me through the night. Got to the checkout and was asked for my driving license? WTF? Why do you even need to regulate the sale of Red Bull?! Beer I can understand, and having drugs on prescription, but Red Bull?

Those long beanies that people wear that hang off the back of their heads. The people wearing these generally seem to also be dickhead posh philosophy students, going for the scruffy art fag look. The whole 'deep thinking' vibe seems to go along with thinking they're rastas just because they smoke green every other weekend, ocassionally laugh along to bob marley, and wear hats that hide pretend dreads.

EDIT: Please note, that first point has no relation to Ben Rowlands on here :P While he does use alot of stupid big words i get the impression he uses them to talk alot of sense.

Philosophy as a subject/discipline has its own lingo just like any other. Should we talk about science without using words such as photosynthesis/osmosis/evaporation? Or, how would you feel if your mechanic told you "the funny push valve thing got a bit stuck in the funny long tube bit under the big block thing"

That said, as a Philosophy student I find myself disliking a lot of people on my course because they do feel they have a innate superiority and use terminology in order to seem more intelligent. This is kind of ironic because the whole point of Philosophy is to seek truth but in the clearest way possible, that’s why (in arguments) overuse of jargon which is not necessary is often frowned upon. For example, I could respond to your "Dickhead posh philosophy students" by saying "this is a blatant exercise of a fallacy ad hominem which completely over shadows your main points" Of course quite a few people will have no idea what that means because I'm being overly complicated. A much simpler way of putting it would be "by mocking the people who study philosophy with insults this distracts the reader from any real arguments you might have. They may think, well he's just taking a cheap shot there so why should I listen to him"

I think it tends to be people who first start who do this type of thing, most people get out of the habit when there essays come back with poor marks and phrases such as "this is unclear" or "what do you mean exactly"

I have no idea what you mean about the beanie thing as there doesn't seem to be any Sheffield students wearing them, they tend to wear flip flops in mid winter which is also very annoying.

Edited by beigemaster

+1

Cars with "lexus style" lights (even on a lexus) they look cheap and nasty. Also "ripspeed" and "motorsport" sunstrips from halfords on corsa's or french hatchbacks.

And those twats with rich parents who just get given £1000 for their birthdays/christmas, or alot of the time just given to them for no particular reason, how about go get a job like everyone else? And those bastards that always have to have something better than you.

People who use apostrophes in this context.

Edited by James-M

Anything really. I could find a fault about most things in the world! I hate horse shit everywhere, horses and the people who ride them are generally stuck up there own arse. Any one who talks to me asthough I am some common urchin, this happens a lot to me and I think it is because I am a tradesman with a very broad lancashire accent, just because i sound dum doesnt mean I am.

wanna be ruude bois

bodykits on cars

most people from my town of Burnley

theifs

looseing things

As far as i'm aware, the use of a ' is meant for it's (means it is), I've (I have) etc etc. It basically means there is letters that are meant to be there. Hmm i'm bad at explaining....

Yeah i did use it in the wrong context. Your right, ' is used in place of a missing letter. I got what you meant. I was never really good at grammer.

What kind of job do you use Philosophy for anyway? Its an honest question, no sarcasm intended.

Is it like one of those things people do before leaving to go work in argos?

I could answer this question with a typical philosophy student tactic by responding with another question which is, with the exception of people who study medicine, nursing and architecture, who has any idea what there going to do with there degrees?

However, in order to avoid this annoying habit I would respond by saying pretty much anything I want to. The great thing about Philosophy is that it's not really a subject but more of a skill, being able to critically analyse various things and generally trying to think outside the box. Theres a good article in the Guardian here which discusses and summarises these points:

Lucy Adams, human resources director of Serco, a services business and a consultancy firm, says: "Philosophy lies at the heart of our approach to recruiting and developing our leadership, and our leaders. We need people who have the ability to look for different approaches and take an open mind to issues. These skills are promoted by philosophical approaches."

Fiona Czerniawska, director of the Management Consultancies Association's think tank, says: "A philosophy degree has trained the individual's brain and given them the ability to provide management-consulting firms with the sort of skills that they require and clients demand. These skills can include the ability to be very analytical, provide clear and innovative thinking, and question assumptions."

Forgetting all of this though, most employers really only care about the fact that you have a degree and aren't too fussed in what you studied. The fact that you have the skills required to get a degree are all that really matters. Baring that in mind, I would rather study for 3 years a degree that I actually find interesting and not one which I think prospective employers will find useful.

You pet hate is someone using an apostrophe when it's not supposed to have one, and you don't know it's f**king name?! :lol:

Just a simple mistake.

And if we're being fannys, there should be no apostrophe in your last 'its'.

Edited by James-M

I hate noisy people when your trying to sleep!

People who piss directly into the water in a toilet, its really loud and splashes everywhere!

Bad drivers

Grumpy people on phones

People who think they are right when they are wrong

People who don't pick up after their dogs....DON"T OWN ONE IF YOU CAN"T CLEAN AFTER IT!

People who follow fashion despite looking retarded

People ignoring you

People pestering you

I could answer this question with a typical philosophy student tactic by responding with another question which is, with the exception of people who study medicine, nursing and architecture, who has any idea what there going to do with there degrees?

However, in order to avoid this annoying habit I would respond by saying pretty much anything I want to. The great thing about Philosophy is that it's not really a subject but more of a skill, being able to critically analyse various things and generally trying to think outside the box. Theres a good article in the Guardian here which discusses and summarises these points:

Forgetting all of this though, most employers really only care about the fact that you have a degree and aren't too fussed in what you studied. The fact that you have the skills required to get a degree are all that really matters. Baring that in mind, I would rather study for 3 years a degree that I actually find interesting and not one which I think prospective employers will find useful.

So yeah it doesnt really mean anything? Back to the sentence in bold, well ive got a vehicle maintenance and repair qualification and im pretty sure what i want to do; i think my employers would be more persuaded to employ me being a mechanic instead of being something like a doctor.

Edited by !!()`/D