Road Cycling

davey1991

When i go to dorking, leith hill, to get from the car park to the top of the trail, is about 5 miles of uphill, on a mtb. I do that pretty easily.

I used to ride that to work every day.

Pussy.

I rode from the top of Guildford (Onslow) to Leatherhead (opposite the theatre) EVERY day for 8 months.

Heres my old route - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=11

Did that on my S Works Tarmac. It was lush....

Edited by Pashley26

Sam, the link Rob posted says 0.6.

maS, i dunno, i'm pretty good, top out at 34 on my fixed, 42 16. down a small hill

Nick, you couldn't even ride a bike till you were 12, then you finally got your stabilisers off when you were 14 :P

I've had 62mph on a relatively tiny hill (suffolk is very flat) on my old Orbea. Spinning in top ring and top gear.

Cos you've never ridden it.

Rob, have you ridden SS/fixed ever? You'll probably change your mind once you've done a hill on a fixed a few times.

Sam, f**k. Not fixed though :P

The light track bike, i dunno, it's that or a TT bike. Merida do a couple of cheaper full aero bikes, which are ok, mainly alu though.

Edited by Fixed Pants™

I've never had a computer or GPS (62mph recorded on GPS (S.O.G) computer reading 59.5mph) on my fixed bikes, but I know I've topped 40mph, brakeless and on flat pedals, and I've also set off speed cameras on my old fixed in a 30mph zone (very flat road, must have been going atleast 35mph, I guess).

Yeah, they make a lot of bikes for a lot of people.

Still, top quality frames, with good bits, just a bit cheaper than their 'branded' counterparts.

(Y)

The Saracen Tourmalet is amazing VFM.

Aksyrium Noir wheel set, 105 throughout, basically a Specialized Tarmac frame, and it comes with very "Barfat" like tape which is NICE.

All for £1200.

The new Scott CR1 Comp is nice !