Flipping A Koxxkarbon. No, Seriously

JackMeek

I have landed on the deck before the slope. I had no side hop to my left or right but if it was there I would of done it. I've built a replica ramp some were hidden and the side hop plat form is being built on Monday.

Edited by JackMeek

cool man a flip on your carbon lets see a flaire Danny Mac style? Didnt think so.

Why be a hater? Jack's sound and always pushing with stuff, I love watching him ride and he's a true laugh! Had a chat with him yesterday (although I'm not sure he knew who I was) And was always smiling and chatting...

So why be such a fanny when Jacks trying something never done by any rider before? Good luck Jack can't wait to see the end result in a vid :)

Why be a hater? Jack's sound and always pushing with stuff, I love watching him ride and he's a true laugh! Had a chat with him yesterday (although I'm not sure he knew who I was) And was always smiling and chatting...

So why be such a fanny when Jacks trying something never done by any rider before? Good luck Jack can't wait to see the end result in a vid :)

What exactly is he trying thats never been done before? To be fare to him he is trying hard to get a sponsor and he dose deserve it more than some sponsored riders at the minute but i really don`t think he is as ground breaking as a lot of folk are making out?

Edited by jambo

but i really don`t think he is as ground breaking as a lot of folk are making out?

A flip to sidehop... not ground breaking... very few people have ever flipped a trials bike, especially a long wheelbased stock. But to then keep the composure and control to launch into a sidehop is pretty impressive. I don't know why your all bumming Danny in this thread, this is Jacks thread showing some progression that he's trying as friends on here are interested, hes not trying to be anything like Mack so why keep comparing him? Should people only post pictures because there the best and looking for sponsership? no...

And your making twatty sarcastic comment like "Jack you should come up for a Scottish Muckers weekend we just love you up here." I'm sure everyone on that London ride yesterday would agree, that any rider from anywhere in the world is made to feel comfortable on a ride anywhere, don't see what Jacks done to harm you.

Agreed with Simps.

Also - I read the bit about over-rotating to get to the back wheel - but I'm confused.

That second picture - the first one upside down.... The motion blurs make it look more like a front?

Please tell me I've gotten the wrong idea somehow :sick:

Right by Jack trying to back flip his bike, are you trying to land died on the back wheel...they work it in to a side hop?

Cause I have seen back flips done where the rider lands on the back wheel (static) and they have preformed a few back wheel hops?

That what you are aiming for...?

And Simpson, I see where Jambo is coming from, Jack hasn't done anything to Impress him, and me for that matter, I have not seen him come out with any good videos, where he deserves all this fame he is getting...

Edited by JohnyMilton

I have landed on the deck before the slope. I had no side hop to my left or right but if it was there I would of done it. I've built a replica ramp some were hidden and the side hop plat form is being built on Monday.

Ahhh lol I couldnt see the sidehop in the photos! Think I get where your comming from now, getting the flip dialed first (in some sort of skate park where there is ramps) then building a ramp and some sort of box or stack of pallets to then sidehop after the flip?

looks cool man. will be a fairly impressive demo move when you land it.

I've seen a bmx rider pull it before though and he landed on the backwheel brakeless and hopped up about a handlebar height ledge it was fairly impressive at the time but he was more interested in landing on the backwheel and carrying the manual off.

good luck

Right by Jack trying to back flip his bike, are you trying to land died on the back when...they work it in to a side hop?

And Simpson, I see where Jambo is coming from, Jack hasn't done anything to Impress him, and me for that matter, I have not seen him come out with any good videos, where he deserves all this fame he is getting...

Bit in bold makes almost no sense...nice.

I think the reason Jack is getting all the apparent 'fame' is due not only to the fact that he is an awesome rider, with a pretty unique style but he is also one of the friendliest people out there and always up for helping you learn something etc, just a nice guy who seems to be having fun, which is always good for a sport i suppose.

Jack, please leave your gf and marry me.

because I love you.

Jack is an awesome rider, he is a fecking sound mate and he organize the hugest street trial ride ever made. All the rest is bullshit

and stop those gay talk about danny mac...no one in the world can beat danny mac, he is god...

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

looks cool man. will be a fairly impressive demo move when you land it.

I've seen a bmx rider pull it before though and he landed on the backwheel brakeless and hopped up about a handlebar height ledge it was fairly impressive at the time but he was more interested in landing on the backwheel and carrying the manual off.

good luck

Yea but then BMXers can backflip into brakeless manual out of coping and over spines :S

Awesome work man, seriously cool that your flipping a Long stock trials bike. Screw that....i wouldn't dare.

Also jack...wouldn't learning backflips to backhop be a bit of a transition step?? Thats how i'd go about learning it.

Just people on here respect him for what he's doing, hes really trying to mix it up and do something a bit different from TGS and organising the biggest trials ride in the UK (as far as I'm aware) So yea he's a name and a face of trials now, which is good for him he deserves it, and fame is totally the wrong word.

well for starters, he pulled together almost all of the world elite riders, could you do that ?

then he brought them all together to ride london, which must have been on of the biggest trials rdies in history :), well done jack.

he is trying different things on a trials bike like flips (lol cant remeber if it is back or front) and flipping over the handle bars.

and fourthly he is curtious, he doesnt swear at you, he is down to earth and politely talks to you.

i think these are a few reason's apart from the third one why he has fame oh yeah he did get a huge spread in MBUK which a large proportion of the cycling world in the UK buy that might be another reason why he has fame (and has been recognised in the public eye) .

Just people on here respect him for what he's doing, hes really trying to mix it up and do something a bit different from TGS and organising the biggest trials ride in the UK (as far as I'm aware) So yea he's a name and a face of trials now, which is good for him he deserves it, and fame is totally the wrong word.

Right your not getting what I mean, or Im just not making it clear...and Il try and make my point clear(Im scottish, I cant explain things well)

The thing I dont understand is how he has got this name for having a good style of riding, and everyone is a bit dazed and confused by him not having/getting a good sponser. But where Im coming from is, to me, his riding doesnt impress me, and havnt seen him do anything worth a fuse and getting hard over, (ok he did do a flip of a huge wall and manage to catch his bike when he landed...what ever) but there are riders out there who deserve alot more notice, I could rattle of a few names, but then you lot will think im totaly bumming them, like you lot are to Jack. Dont get me wrong Jack comes across as a friendly chap, but eveyone needs to stop going on about his style of riding, when not many people havnt seen a proper good video where it shows 'his style'. Now the thing with the forum is a lot of the Older riders will say something/someone is good, then it starts of a new trend, Im guessing have of the noobies on here havnt seen him ride, and are just bumming him, because the older riders are!

Now as for the London ride, Props to him for pulling togeather an awesome event (its a shame i missed it), but everyone needs to stop making him out as Jesus, Im not the only guy who thinks this, btw!

Understand where Im coming from?

well for starters, he pulled together almost all of the world elite riders, could you do that ?

then he brought them all together to ride london, which must have been on of the biggest trials rdies in history :), well done jack.

he is trying different things on a trials bike like flips (lol cant remeber if it is back or front) and flipping over the handle bars.

and fourthly he is curtious, he doesnt swear at you, he is down to earth and politely talks to you.

i think these are a few reason's apart from the third one why he has fame oh yeah he did get a huge spread in MBUK which a large proportion of the cycling world in the UK buy that might be another reason why he has fame (and has been recognised in the public eye) .

Now im not ever going to bother answering you because you just pretty much re-worded what Simpson said...and i just answered what he said!

Edited by JohnyMilton

The thing I dont understand is how he has got this name for having a good style of riding, and everyone is a bit dazed and confused by him not having/getting a good sponser. But where Im coming from is, to me, his riding doesnt impress me, and havnt seen him do anything worth a fuse and getting hard over, (ok he did do a flip of a huge wall and manage to catch his bike when he landed...what ever) but there are riders out there who deserve alot more notice, I could rattle of a few names, but then you lot will think im totaly bumming them, like you lot are to Jack. Dont get me wrong Jack comes across as a friendly chap, but eveyone needs to stop going on about his style of riding, when not many people havnt seen a proper good video where it shows 'his style'. Now the thing with the forum is a lot of the Older riders will say something/someone is good, then it starts of a new trend, Im guessing have of the noobies on here havnt seen him ride, and are just bumming him, because the older riders are!

Now as for the London ride, Props to him for pulling togeather an awesome event (its a shame i missed it), but everyone needs to stop making him out as Jesus, Im not the only guy who thinks this, btw!

Understand where Im coming from?

talking about who's deserve a sponsor and who's not(about skills and riding style) is gay as fu..

sponsorship is not only about style and skills...jack is the guy I would want in my team if I was a brand...not because he is bloody good, but because he gives an awesome image of trials riding and because unless a lot of beasty riders HE CAN ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE WELL WITH PEOPLE (magazines,forum,media,famous riders from other country). Communication is the key in sponsorship.

For examples, joe hodges is an amazing unicycle rider... but he was acting like a twat during de street ride...trowing his unicycle everywere when he fails, kick in stuff when he was angry...

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

It's really impressive to see someone flip a trials bike that is completely the wrong geometry to do it..

It would be fantastic if you could work it into street riding :P

For example, backflipping off a drop and then pedalling/tapping back up it.

Maybe that's a little far fetched, but by the sounds of it, you've got it in you!